Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Suh waives pellet gun?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are holsters or even your pocket to put it in unless needed. Suh knew the worker could not tell what kind of gun it was from a distance, I would also go as far as to say he was counting on it. It was meant to be a viable threat. The type of threat that should not be used until all other alternatives are exhausted. Again, I find it extreme, he surely could have accomplished his goal without heading out gun in hand. But I don't necessarily see that he did anything wrong.
DrRay11

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
There are holsters or even your pocket to put it in unless needed. Suh knew the worker could not tell what kind of gun it was from a distance, I would also go as far as to say he was counting on it. It was meant to be a viable threat. The type of threat that should not be used until all other alternatives are exhausted. Again, I find it extreme, he surely could have accomplished his goal without heading out gun in hand. But I don't necessarily see that he did anything wrong.

What if it was an attacker who had a weapon? Could he go out in the yard, try to talk him down, have time to go back to his garage or whatever and get a weapon?

Here we are, overscrutinizing....
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why? Did he leave his holster or pocket in the garage?

Not reading what was posted...
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Why? Did he leave his holster or pocket in the garage?

Not reading what was posted...

Holster for a freaking bebe gun? Your kidding right? It's his yard. He could of went out with a loaded shotgun...IT IS HIS YARD!!!
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't be serious....did we now ignore the pocket reference?

I can tell you this much-the last thing I would have done is walk out gun in hand. If it is a criminal, all you have done is agitate him and he may have a real gun. If it is an innocent all you have done is scare a poor guy half to death.

And before I hear it, I am 100% against further gun restrictions.
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
You can't be serious....did we now ignore the pocket reference?

I can tell you this much-the last thing I would have done is walk out gun in hand. If it is a criminal, all you have done is agitate him and he may have a real gun. If it is an innocent all you have done is scare a poor guy half to death.

And before I hear it, I am 100% against further gun restrictions.

And say criminal does have gun. And points it at Suh and says give me everything. If Suh has weapon you just pop him in foot if real. In this case a bebe gun. So just shoot in face and tackle him
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.

Congratulations, you just got yourself killed. No BB gun is going to stop anyone.

No wonder people consider Detroit so violent. Here we are trying to defend an act that was clearly over aggressive and nobody thinks it was too aggressive. Most even seem to think it was the right thing to do :/
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Wow.

Congratulations, you just got yourself killed. No BB gun is going to stop anyone.

No wonder people consider Detroit so violent. Here we are trying to defend an act that was clearly over aggressive and nobody thinks it was too aggressive. Most even seem to think it was the right thing to do :/

It's not its the world is todday...just like getting fined 100K for a hit in FOOTBALL. In 60's you could hit some one head on and people loved it..Now your a disgraace to football if you do it...
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is a cable guy coming out at 9 at night unannouced?
duanegarrison09

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Wow.

In some states pellet guns are used to hunt and kill deer.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
Why is a cable guy coming out at 9 at night unannouced?

That's real. I know people that work for Comcast and they are never out past 9 and always alert the homeowner.
Rockcity

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't a story. Every MAN would do the samething. Lucky bc if me it sure wouldn't be no bb gun. This turns my guts that aLion fan would even post this and try to break it down like he's in the wrong.. bc of ones own beliefs. Things happen in life where you have to make tough decisions. .family>>>>>>>>>>>> than fb.

What you gonna do hide...wait for him to come in and break everyone off or be a man and protect yours.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
This isn't a story. Every MAN would do the samething. Lucky bc if me it sure wouldn't be no bb gun. This turns my guts that aLion fan would even post this and try to break it down like he's in the wrong.. bc of ones own beliefs. Things happen in life where you have to make tough decisions. .family>>>>>>>>>>>> than fb.

What you gonna do hide...wait for him to come in and break everyone off or be a man and protect yours.

It sickens me society has gotten so aggressive you actually believe he was in the right. Put yourself in the shoes of the poor guy just trying to do his job and next thing he knows he has a 6'3" 300lb guy holding a gun yelling at him while in a highly vulnerable position atop a pole.

No, there are MANY and MUCH better ways to go about protecting your family, even while still having a gun in your possession.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the "man" comment: a real man finds a non-violent solution to his problem and uses his head.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Rockcity wrote:

It sickens me society has gotten so aggressive you actually believe he was in the right. Put yourself in the shoes of the poor guy just trying to do his job and next thing he knows he has a 6'3" 300lb guy holding a gun yelling at him while in a highly vulnerable position atop a pole.

No, there are MANY and MUCH better ways to go about protecting your family, even while still having a gun in your possession.

Wow, you really paint the picture of an innocent victim here. The dude was trespassing, unannounced, at an odd time of the day to be working on cable. Then he lied to police about what happened. Seems to me Suh was more the victim than this guy was.

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: