Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Suh waives pellet gun?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Suh waives pellet gun? Reply with quote

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/09/11/confirmed-cops-were-called-to-suhs-house-on-complaint-he-pulled-gun-on-cable-guy/

I am speechless. Seems a bit extreme, but he really didn't seem to do anything wrong either.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No charges will be filed against Suh, based in large part on the fact that video from his surveillance system supported his version of the events.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/11/suh-cleared-in-august-pellet-gun-incident/

Someone trying to take advantage of Suh's reputation. What a dirtbag.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So he didn't have an actual gun and never threatened the guy with it. It seems weird to me that he would leave his home, with his sister there, if he feared for his family though. Confused

Sig by Smack

2014 ADOPT-A-LION: DEVIN TAYLOR
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could end up being absolutely nothing, but we all know it will be made a big deal and I guarantee if I look into the news forum after this post a thread is already made there.

Though in the article, it states that according to the police report Suh never waived the gun and it was always pointed at the ground. And if the guys on his property and Suh wants him off, I'm pretty sure the guys supposed to leave whether he's doing his job or not.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
So he didn't have an actual gun and never threatened the guy with it. It seems weird to me that he would leave his home, with his sister there, if he feared for his family though. Confused
supposedly it was around 9:00 PM. Would you go check out a random guy on your property? Or would you just let him mess around with stuff in your backyard?
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
supposedly it was around 9:00 PM. Would you go check out a random guy on your property? Or would you just let him mess around with stuff in your backyard?

I would definitely check it out, while armed. I don't blame Suh there. The part I don't get is why leave the guy there with your sister in the home, while you take off, if you fear for the safety of your family?

Sig by Smack

2014 ADOPT-A-LION: DEVIN TAYLOR
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had a guy in my backyard at night. Heck I would do the same. I would let my dog out on them...they could have courtesy to knock...It is his property. He can do what he want's..Man no one will leave the guy alone...I just wish he had a body guard and whoever did one minor thing to him...was beaten to a pulp...no more hate on Suh talk...
detfan782004

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Video shows he wasn't lying and I'm sure it will be overblown by the FF mob

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
stafford=legend

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if you read the police report it says that suh was mad about this guy being in HIS BACKYARD without permission. What's wrong with that? I think anyone would be mad/scared if a stranger came, unannounced, onto your property. And if he was a cable guy then why didn't he tell suh about what was going on so that he could get suh's permission? Remember this is the cable guy's story i'm regurgitating here and it still makes him look suspicious. If any other non-famous person threatened an intruder—and that's what this guy is, an intruder—then it would've been no big deal.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
This could end up being absolutely nothing

Pretty sure it already did.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not true. If anybody walked into the backyard, gun in hand, I would find that extreme.
Jrugges

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get worried when he pulls the trigger.

Really though I'll be more worried when its not a BB-Gun and an actual deadly weapon.
DrRay11

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Not true. If anybody walked into the backyard, gun in hand, I would find that extreme.

Man... I don't know where you come from, but I remember when I was a kid playing hide and seek and crossing into my friends' neighbors lawn, there was the homeowner there and shoo'd us away with his shotgun. This is probably a lot more common act of self-defense than a lot of people think. As with most things, it may appear "extreme" to some, but especially with a pellet gun... Out of proportion once again.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

Man... I don't know where you come from, but I remember when I was a kid playing hide and seek and crossing into my friends' neighbors lawn, there was the homeowner there and shoo'd us away with his shotgun. This is probably a lot more common act of self-defense than a lot of people think. As with most things, it may appear "extreme" to some, but especially with a pellet gun... Out of proportion once again.

I think Phreak lives sort of near the sticks like me and pretty much no one cares if you come into there back yards... But it's not like we(or atleast me) live in a city type area. Hell the 1 acre yards around me aren't even fenced in.

In the same breath I will say that if there's an intruder at my house or my grandmothers farm house they'll meet me with a .45 handgun about the size of me and some questions/attitude.

Last edited by Jrugges on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
If I had a guy in my backyard at night. Heck I would do the same. I would let my dog out on them...they could have courtesy to knock...It is his property. He can do what he want's..Man no one will leave the guy alone...I just wish he had a body guard and whoever did one minor thing to him...was beaten to a pulp...no more hate on Suh talk...

Suh needs to be mindful of his actions and public perception of those actions. He doesn't do himself any favours by always drawing attention to himself.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: