Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 2 - Carolina (0-1) @ Buffalo (0-1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asgardian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Bills fans, I am a life-long Syracuse fan so I am here stopping by asking you guys what you think about the coaching staff thus far, Marrone in particular. How are they?

I love Marrone and I wish him the best, even though I was sad to see him go, so it was tough to watch his press conference today where he spoke about losing Rob Edson, whom you all probably aren't too familiar with. Good luck on the rest of the season, I'm cheering for you guys as my second team.

Congratulations on the first win of the season, sad you guys couldn't pull one out last week.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
We are starting to hit on our top draft picks the last 3/4 years ( Nix era) and it's starting to show on the field with good coaching. I honestly think as the season goes on and our secondary heals up they will keep us in games atthe very least.

Manuel, Kiko and Woods had solid games. Also just like I said a couple days ago, Our OLine is criminally underrated across the board.
The only exception of our online is Colin Brown, he's pretty crap.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
We are starting to hit on our top draft picks the last 3/4 years ( Nix era) and it's starting to show on the field with good coaching. I honestly think as the season goes on and our secondary heals up they will keep us in games atthe very least.

Manuel, Kiko and Woods had solid games. Also just like I said a couple days ago, Our OLine is criminally underrated across the board.
He hasn't been to bad... Our oline has only given up one sack so far. When your oline plays like that no-one on it is crap. Brown probably is our worse starter but a crap olinemen is like that Bell OT trying to block Mario.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He got a bad matchup with Wilfork week 1. He struggled but a lot of guys do with Vince.

TommyC376^^^
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool to see the Bills win a close one like this. The Bills are my closet AFC team that I root for. EJ Manuel has serious moxie #GoBills
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

He hasn't been to bad... Our oline has only given up one sack so far. When your oline plays like that no-one on it is crap. Brown probably is our worse starter but a crap olinemen is like that Bell OT trying to block Mario.

Do you guys see any reason to shift Cordy Glenn to G or RT ?
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asgardian wrote:
Hello Bills fans, I am a life-long Syracuse fan so I am here stopping by asking you guys what you think about the coaching staff thus far, Marrone in particular. How are they?

I love Marrone and I wish him the best, even though I was sad to see him go, so it was tough to watch his press conference today where he spoke about losing Rob Edson, whom you all probably aren't too familiar with. Good luck on the rest of the season, I'm cheering for you guys as my second team.

Congratulations on the first win of the season, sad you guys couldn't pull one out last week.

I really do like what we have with Marrone, I like the up tempo offense, and coupled with the blitzing defense of Pettine, I think it works pretty well.

My biggest complaint can be with the offensive play calling. Runs seem to be 90% between the tackles, which works fine for Freddy, but is definitely not Spiller's forte. The passing game seems to be 15 yards or shorter, but could be to building Manuels' confidence, but I am seeing way too many checkdowns.

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

None. Keep him at LT, he's been great.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

None. Keep him at LT, he's been great.

Agreed. Unless somehow next Draft we have a shot at a Joe Thomas type LT then I see no reason to shift Glenn from that position. I like Brown a lot and I hope improves otherwise we may have to look at Hairston (should he become healthy) or Sammy Young.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
DubiDo0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing Kyle Williams give Marrone the ball at the end of his locker room speech was inspiring. We really do have some great leaders on this team.

EJ played mediocre until that last drive, but he responded. Which is always great to see in a young quarterback. He needs to work on his accuracy, but I have faith in him.

I still don't like all the runs out of shotgun. Playing catch up limited that play a bit, but it's still being used too much.

The defense played GREAT. I can't wait to get Gilmore back. I love the way Mckelvin has responded. I had lost all hope in him ever becoming a #2 corner, but he's proving me wrong. Kiko could be the steal of the draft for us. Mario Williams was a beast. Hopefully he can continue his stellar play. He's been extremely inconsistent in the past, and he did go up against a terrible tackle. The run defense was surprisingly good, too.

I was also impressed with Woods. I think he's going to be a very good #2 option for us this year. Which has been a huge need for years.

I still think the hurry up offense wears our defense down, but if we can limit the turnovers and dumb penalties, then it won't be so bad. The defense looked gassed on Carolina's final drive.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a game. Wow. So good to wake up on a Monday nursing a hangover after a victory!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Carolina QB Cam Newton wasn’t happy about another close loss for the Panthers, but he had enough class to compliment Bills QB EJ Manuel after his performance Sunday.

“I just want to start off by first congratulating the Buffalo Bills, they played a hell of a game,” Newton said. ”EJ Manuel had a strategic plan and executed it to a tee on that last drive. It just felt as if we didn’t make enough plays, we had our
opportunities, we didn’t make enough.”

Cam just went up a notch in my book. I wasn't a big fan at all, but he showed he has some class.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Tk3 wrote:
Luck was on our side there.. PI call and then a totally blown coverage..

I really don't think EJ did particularly well on that drive to be honest, but we got it done and thats what counts.. GO BILLS!!

Give me a break.. I stopped taking your QB analysis serious pre draft when you were pimping back up QB's.

Like previously posted, weird being on the other side of games like this. Well Done

He dinked and dunked and played the middle of the field when we had no timeouts.. PI or not, that was not going to be a good throw that was intercepted.. He did good to keep that one play going and stop the clock.. And you or I could have made the game winning TD throw..

Not knocking him.. I just think its being generous to praise him for leading that drive..
EJ led a "Brady-esque" 2 minute drill. Get the ball to your playmakers let them get out of bounds and get yards. It worked.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That final drive gave a lot of Bills fans hope for the future. There have been some immediate improvements this season on both sides of the ball, I'm so excited for the potential of this team.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
That final drive gave a lot of Bills fans hope for the future. There have been some immediate improvements this season on both sides of the ball, I'm so excited for the potential of this team.

Even if we might, MIGHT lose more games this season (I can see us going anywhere from 5-11 to 9-7) this team has been improved by a significant margin across the board so far this season. It's very, very nice to see that FINALLY this team is showing improvement.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: