Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SNF Week 2: San Francisco 49ers @ Seattle Seahawks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also just watched the game:

*Michael Bennett is playing brilliantly this year and he will definitely get an extension if he keeps this up.
*Russell Wilson did a great job at stepping up into the pocket at the right time. The 9ers D didn't give him much to throw at and there were a fair few drops and untimely penalties that hampered his stats.
*JR Sweezy didn't look that bad.
*The secondary was lights out.
*There were too many missed tackles on Kaep. I counted a few missed sacks. The good news is that the line is getting pressure, which will only improve once Bruce and Clem is back.

I'm happy. Okung definitely needs to sit this week out and see how his toe heals up.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL_Announcer wrote:
I'd take Sherman over Revis hands down any day of the week.

More athletic, taller, better ball hawk, jams receivers, completely shuts everyone down on man coverage. It took Ryan like 5 throws DEEP to finally connect with White and it was a PERFECT pass. Perfect passing will beat perfect coverage every time and Sherman had no safety support.

Sherman is #1 imo, Revis is a close #2. That's not being a homer.. that's just how I see it.

Wagner = Not a top 5 ILB (IMO)
Nobody on the D-Line is top 5.
Thomas is probably top 3.... dunno about #1 yet.
Lynch is top 5 but dunno about top 3.
Wilson is not top 10 yet imo.
Only Okung/Unger are top 10 at their position.
Nobody in the WR cracks top 25 yet.

I'm a realist. But Sherman is #1. Just is. He gets hate because it's New York vs Seattle (Tampa now I get it, but it was NY) and ESPN loves to hate. Seattle is also an extremely small market...
Revis is a better athlete than Sherman. Revis had a couple really nice punt returns in college, Sherman would suck as a return man Laughing That's the one point in your comparison I'll disagree with

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
chpjns15

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
NFL_Announcer wrote:

More athletic, taller, better ball hawk, jams receivers, completely shuts everyone down on man coverage. It took Ryan like 5 throws DEEP to finally connect with White and it was a PERFECT pass. Perfect passing will beat perfect coverage every time and Sherman had no safety support.

Sherman is #1 imo, Revis is a close #2. That's not being a homer.. that's just how I see it.

I'm a realist. But Sherman is #1. Just is. He gets hate because it's New York vs Seattle (Tampa now I get it, but it was NY) and ESPN loves to hate. Seattle is also an extremely small market...
Revis is a better athlete than Sherman. Revis had a couple really nice punt returns in college, Sherman would suck as a return man Laughing That's the one point in your comparison I'll disagree with

Wait so athleticism is now judged on how well people can return punts Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
sirensong

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
NFL_Announcer wrote:

Wait so athleticism is now judged on how well people can return punts Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

No, but it is a good judge of speed and agility something Revis defentily has more of than Sherm.

Revis is absolutely a more athletic player than Sherm. Sherm is just absolutely smothering as a man up corner.
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sherm's ball skills and hands at the cornerback position are outstanding. Obviously, having been a WR helps and he def uses that to his advantage in multiple ways. Seeing that drop against Carolina I think it was, even though most corners don't make that catch regularly, Sherman is one of the most reliable "hands catching" corners in the league. Really wish he wouldn't cost so much, but he's worth it IN OUR SCHEME. He's elite here in Seattle, but if you put him in most other schemes, he may just be above average to good....maybe even below average depending on various factors. He'd be smart to stay in Seattle IMO at a little bit of a discount. It's a safe bet he will continue to succeed here and will get another good contract or two down the line if he continues to be lockdown. If he leaves, he may just get one real nice contract and crap after that. Can't say for sure though.

If it were me, I'd take a bit less to stay in a city that has embraced me, with a coach that gave me a chance and doesn't care for the same guy as I do that we get to play twice a year minimum and where the scheme helps put me in position to succeed.

16 Million a year from the Raiders on a 6 year deal with 45 guaranteed
vs
12 Million a year from the Seahawks on a 6 year deal with 55 guaranteed

I'm taking the Seahawks offer without hesitating. Not sure how the guaranteed portion effects the cap numbers, but still. If it were me, it would take a drastic disparity to consider leaving the ideal situation that he has here in Seattle.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
NFL_Announcer wrote:

...being an elite punt returner takes agility, quickness, burst, speed, and balance that Sherman doesn't have. It's obviously not a tell all, but it's an indicator. The homerism is shocking in here if there's really multiple people that think Sherman is a better athlete in terms of measurables

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCSrwKrhbIQ

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Officer Ricky

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sherman may be able to jump higher because of his height advantage, but aside from that, I think Revis is the better athlete.
Meeker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
Sherm's ball skills and hands at the cornerback position are outstanding. Obviously, having been a WR helps and he def uses that to his advantage in multiple ways. Seeing that drop against Carolina I think it was, even though most corners don't make that catch regularly, Sherman is one of the most reliable "hands catching" corners in the league. Really wish he wouldn't cost so much, but he's worth it IN OUR SCHEME. He's elite here in Seattle, but if you put him in most other schemes, he may just be above average to good....maybe even below average depending on various factors. He'd be smart to stay in Seattle IMO at a little bit of a discount. It's a safe bet he will continue to succeed here and will get another good contract or two down the line if he continues to be lockdown. If he leaves, he may just get one real nice contract and crap after that. Can't say for sure though.

Disagreed. Sherman would be elite in any scheme IMO. Sherman is an elite press man and zone CB. People have said his weaknesses are in off man and the slot...well if the first 2 games are any indication, they no longer are. Obviously he shadowed Boldin a lot and although I'm not certain, I think he shadowed Steve Smith a fair amount as well. His near interception in the Carolina game was off man in the slot on the right side of the field covering Smith, supposedly his weakness. He is also a very willing and effective tackler (except against 270lb TEs...). About the only thing he doesn't possess is return skills, which are average at best....not going to complain.

Tatupu_64 wrote:
The homerism is shocking in here if there's really multiple people that think Sherman is a better athlete in terms of measurables

Sherman is not the athlete that his fellow top CBs are. Just did a quick search of some highly drafted and rated corners (Patrick Peterson, Darrelle Revis, Champ Bailey, and Leon Hall). All of them ran sub 4.4, Sherm at 4.54/4.53. All ran sub 1.5 10-yard splits, Sherm ran 1.56/1.58. All ran sub 4.1 shuttles (Bailey at 3.79 Shocked ) , Sherm ran 4.33/4.29. All ran sub 6.6 3-cones (except Bailey, who didn't run it), Sherm ran 6.82/6.72. Sherm did match them in vert and broad jump however. Sherman is pretty athletic for his size, but not for his position....he makes up for it with his intelligence.

Last edited by Meeker on Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total
imani

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revis is the better athlete, which is why he was taken much earlier in the draft. However, Sherman is the more uniquely gifted athlete, which is what i think some may be getting confused.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Meeker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Revis is the better athlete, which is why he was taken much earlier in the draft. However, Sherman is the more uniquely gifted athlete, which is what i think some may be getting confused.

Not sure what you mean. Do you mean factoring in size? If so, that may make it closer, but I doubt Sherman is any more athletic for his size than Revis.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
imani wrote:

Not sure what you mean. Do you mean factoring in size? If so, that may make it closer, but I doubt Sherman is any more athletic for his size than Revis.

How often you'd find his abilities around the league. Hasn't been as successful a corner at his size in the NFL in a long time, I think people may be confusing that with some sort of freak athleticism.

Revis' talent is rare because it's very impressive, Sherman is rare because most players with his abilities and body type play Wideout. It's almost like Sidney Rice has a more physical alter ego at DB

Meeker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Meeker wrote:
imani wrote:

How often you'd find his abilities around the league. Hasn't been as successful a corner at his size in the NFL in a long time, I think people may be confusing that with some sort of freak athleticism.

Revis' talent is rare because it's very impressive, Sherman is rare because most players with his abilities and body type play Wideout. It's almost like Sidney Rice has a more physical alter ego at DB

That I can follow, it was just being expressed incorrectly IMO. He is a uniquely gifted athlete for the position, not in general.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
imani wrote:
Meeker wrote:
imani wrote:

That I can follow, it was just being expressed incorrectly IMO. He is a uniquely gifted athlete for the position, not in general.

I figured it was somewhat of a given as we are comparing two corners, but reading back on it....i see your point Laughing

Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Fans Write Letter Asking That Seattle Fans Stop Being So Loud

http://deadspin.com/49ers-fans-write-letter-asking-that-seattle-fans-stop-b-1342037234
Tom Brady Tribute
iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
49ers Fans Write Letter Asking That Seattle Fans Stop Being So Loud

http://deadspin.com/49ers-fans-write-letter-asking-that-seattle-fans-stop-b-1342037234

Rumor is this was a Seahawks fan that wrote the letter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17

Jump to: