Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SNF Week 2: San Francisco 49ers @ Seattle Seahawks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Good win guys. D looked good once again.
I thought it would be a close game.... Well I was wrong.

Question though, when did earl cut his hair?

He cut his hair sometime this off season. It was cut much during all off season workouts pretty sure

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
Meeker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img]http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/809259398.gif?1379353878[/img]

And some people want us to cut Bryant... Laughing

not sure why its not showing up Sad

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/809259398.gif?1379353878

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:

This was the best game Bryant has had in 20 games, by a good amount, so yeah. It was pretty reasonable to want him cut before he showed he could actually play on the inside. His contract is still too big.

People wanted him cut because the thought is it's either him or Bennett. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have Bennett.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#Seahawks fans broke the Guinness record for loudest stadium noise w/ 136.6 decibles & for the win on Pete Carroll's birthday!

Tom Brady Tribute
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^lmao Iupati got straight owned

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
sirensong

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Meeker wrote:

This was the best game Bryant has had in 20 games, by a good amount, so yeah. It was pretty reasonable to want him cut before he showed he could actually play on the inside. His contract is still too big.

People wanted him cut because the thought is it's either him or Bennett. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have Bennett.

Completely agree with Tats. As a DE I take Bennett every day over Red and its not close. I was calling for Red inside back to last year and he looks like its something he can definetly do and something we sorely need.

This was by far his best game going back to 2011, hes been a shell of what he was and looks like hes getting back to being a productive player and not a liability.

His contract is still out of control.... He needs to take a paycut or he will be cut even with his improved play.

Oh and..... LOL! at Iupati thats too good.
Meeker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:

Didn't need to be his best game or even top 5 to justify the $5.5m cap savings, which would not be enough to sign Bennett either. Some people were acting like there was no way he would justify his contract and is sure to be gone after this season, seemingly ignoring the fact that he was playing injured all of last season and being asked to play differently in the scheme ad also ignoring the fact that he looked fantastic through the pre-season, looking like the Bryant of 2011. If he continues anywhere near this level of play, he is worth more than that contract. If anyone is gone from the big guys, it is Mebane IMO, he just hasn't been the Mebane of old since about half way through last season. Both could restructure to help make room though.

sirensong wrote:
His contract is still out of control.... He needs to take a paycut or he will be cut even with his improved play.

BS. You can't just look at the cap number, you have to look at what we would save by cutting him....which makes it not worth cutting him.

Pretty funny that the gif is working in quotes...but not in the post, lol.

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Didn't need to be his best game or even top 5 to justify the $5.5m cap savings, which would not be enough to sign Bennett either. Some people were acting like there was no way he would justify his contract and is sure to be gone after this season, seemingly ignoring the fact that he was playing injured all of last season and being asked to play differently in the scheme ad also ignoring the fact that he looked fantastic through the pre-season, looking like the Bryant of 2011. If he continues anywhere near this level of play, he is worth more than that contract. If anyone is gone from the big guys, it is Mebane IMO, he just hasn't been the Mebane of old since about half way through last season. Both could restructure to help make room though.

sirensong wrote:

BS. You can't just look at the cap number, you have to look at what we would save by cutting him....which makes it not worth cutting him.

any argument for Red being more impactful is stopped dead by the fact that Mebane still draws the majority of double teams on running downs. He's still younger, still less injury prone, and still on a cheaper deal. Bryant wasn't even consistently the better player in 2011, and that was the only year Red has ever looked potentially better than Mebane.

Mebane isn't quite what he once was, but he's still the better and cheaper option.

I fixed the gif for you in my quotes, that's why it's working. Take out everything after .gif in the URL

ram29jackson wrote:

Last edited by Tatupu_64 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
sirensong

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Meeker wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

sirensong wrote:

any argument for Red being more impactful is stopped dead by the fact that Mebane still draws the majority of double teams on running downs. He's still younger, still less injury prone, and still on a cheaper deal. Bryant wasn't even consistently the better player in 2011, and that was the only year Red has ever looked potentially better than Mebane.

Mebane isn't quite what he once was, but he's still the better and cheaper option.

I was just about to post something almost word for word what you just said...

Any thought Mebane is more expendable than Bryant is absolutely laughable...
Meeker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:

I fixed the gif for you in my quotes, that's why it's working. Take out everything after .gif in the URL

Gotcha, ty.

The difference in age is 9 months and the difference in contract is 200k, pretty much negligible.

The scheme is designed so that Mebane gets doubled, not Bryant. Were arguing players that play different roles, can't directly compare them like that. Bryant's play has exceeded Mebane's from everything we have seen in 2013 IMO. Bryant has been excelling, while Mebane has been solid. I'd be more confortable replacing Mebane than Bryant in 2014.

sirensong wrote:

Laugh all you want.

Last edited by Meeker on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Gotcha, ty.

The difference in age is 9 months and the difference in contract is 200k, pretty much not worth mentioning.

The scheme is designed so that Mebane gets doubled, not Bryant. Bryant's play has exceeded Mebane's from everything we have seen in 2013. I'd be more confortable replacing Mebane than Bryant in 2014.

sirensong wrote:

Laugh all you want.
failing to comment on Bryant's injuries was intentional I'm assuming?

ram29jackson wrote:
Meeker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Meeker wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Gotcha, ty.

The difference in age is 9 months and the difference in contract is 200k, pretty much not worth mentioning.

The scheme is designed so that Mebane gets doubled, not Bryant. Bryant's play has exceeded Mebane's from everything we have seen in 2013. I'd be more confortable replacing Mebane than Bryant in 2014.

sirensong wrote:

Laugh all you want.
failing to comment on Bryant's injuries was intentional I'm assuming?

Not overly concerned.

Either way I don't see either being cut, could be asked to restructure, but not cut.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Gotcha, ty.

The difference in age is 9 months and the difference in contract is 200k, pretty much negligible.

The scheme is designed so that Mebane gets doubled, not Bryant. Were arguing players that play different roles, can't directly compare them like that. Bryant's play has exceeded Mebane's from everything we have seen in 2013 IMO. Bryant has been excelling, while Mebane has been solid. I'd be more confortable replacing Mebane than Bryant in 2014.

sirensong wrote:

Laugh all you want.

There you go. Thats all.
NFL_Announcer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take Sherman over Revis hands down any day of the week.

More athletic, taller, better ball hawk, jams receivers, completely shuts everyone down on man coverage. It took Ryan like 5 throws DEEP to finally connect with White and it was a PERFECT pass. Perfect passing will beat perfect coverage every time and Sherman had no safety support.

Sherman is #1 imo, Revis is a close #2. That's not being a homer.. that's just how I see it.

Wagner = Not a top 5 ILB (IMO)
Nobody on the D-Line is top 5.
Thomas is probably top 3.... dunno about #1 yet.
Lynch is top 5 but dunno about top 3.
Wilson is not top 10 yet imo.
Only Okung/Unger are top 10 at their position.
Nobody in the WR cracks top 25 yet.

I'm a realist. But Sherman is #1. Just is. He gets hate because it's New York vs Seattle (Tampa now I get it, but it was NY) and ESPN loves to hate. Seattle is also an extremely small market...
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Meeker wrote:

Pretty much. Bryant also never got any playing time because he couldn't play inside. I credit that change to Dan Quinn and Travis Jones.

I would love a future lineup of Avril-Bryant-Mebane-Bennett, if it would work out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: