Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2 Texans vs Titans GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full story below, not just Pollard's ignorant tweet. Clearly like many here, Pollard still doesn't get it. The NFL did NOT say he did "everything right." He hit a defenseless receiver in the head or neck - period - clearly illegal according to 2013 rule book and it's his job to play within those rules or suffer the consequences. Really doesn't matter if you use your your helmet, facemask, shoulder or forearm - it's still a dangerous and illegal hit outlawed for good reason ($765 million of them so far). Next one is a suspension and I'll put the over/under at 3 weeks before that happens. Maybe the mission ought to be to win a football game by "tackling", not "killing" by launching yourself at a defenseless player's head or neck. Most understand the difference between that and "flag football" as a proper form tackle rarely will result in brain damage yet can be plenty intimidating and effective as JJ Watt's reign of terror showed last year. Just this week some high school kid was "killed" on the field as a result of a blow to the head.

Let's stop pretending this is a video game as the list of players lives deeply effected by head & neck trauma and its life altering effects (paralysis, parkinsons, dementia, als, suicide) long since passed a tipping point where the ignorant whining of goons like Pollard should matter anymore than Roy Williams crying about eliminating horse collar tackles (he broke 4 players legs in 2004 alone!!!), or "Night Train" Lane defending his clothesline & facemask tackles (for the kiddos that don't get the reference http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-top-ten/09000d5d81118473/Top-Ten-Most-Feared-Tacklers---Lane. There was a time for this stuff, but once you know the consequences there is both a legal and moral responsibility to advance the game. The game has never been more popular, so those decrying the "old school football" days ought to actually go watch some of those boring 10-9 slugfests back in the 50's-60's (real time - not the glamorous NFL films versions with the soundtrack) when nobody could throw the ball more than 15 times a game because the Qbs and WRs got destroyed.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9688038/bernard-pollard-tennessee-titans-tweets-was-fined-42k-hit

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
s_camp

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Full story below, not just Pollard's ignorant tweet. Clearly like many here, Pollard still doesn't get it. The NFL did NOT say he did "everything right." He hit a defenseless receiver in the head or neck - period - clearly illegal according to 2013 rule book and it's his job to play within those rules or suffer the consequences. Really doesn't matter if you use your your helmet, facemask, shoulder or forearm - it's still a dangerous and illegal hit outlawed for good reason ($765 million of them so far). Next one is a suspension and I'll put the over/under at 3 weeks before that happens. Maybe the mission ought to be to win a football game by "tackling", not "killing" by launching yourself at a defenseless player's head or neck. Most understand the difference between that and "flag football" as a proper form tackle rarely will result in brain damage yet can be plenty intimidating and effective as JJ Watt's reign of terror showed last year. Just this week some high school kid was "killed" on the field as a result of a blow to the head.

Tell Kareem.

As for following and breaking rules:

Webmaster wrote:
The following forum rules must be followed by everyone
[...]

2. Personal attacks, name calling, and threats to other members are not allowed.

Apollo Stallion wrote:
That picture is poorly formatted, stupid, and proves nothing as it's clearly AFTER the illegal hit happened which was in the air (AJ has likely already been concussed in this shot). Your own COACH benched him for overtime you idiots! In the post game interviews, he didn't even deny the illegal hit and his likely fine, instead whining about not knowing whether to go low or go high (um - you could learn to tackle instead of hit, fool). Dude missed another "hit" on the 2 point conversion which ultimately cost you the game. How are you fools not embarassed by a player dancing around and celebrating after injuring a universally popular player and giving up a critical catch that even if it was incomplete, risked drawing a 15 yard penalty keeping the drive alive anyway. Check back to me in 2 months when Pollards act costs you a game or two.

I'll assume you were upset and in the rush of emotions you broke a rule you probably don't think about too much. And all you're doing is posting on a message board, with time to proofread, no less. Is it possible that in a high-pressure situation with little to no time to think these players broke a rule... accidentally? Just like you?
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kareem got fined too.
mse326

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:

Tell Kareem.

None of us have defended that hit in the slightest.

As for him breaking the rules, leave that stuff to the moderators. If you think we should address something pm us, don't handle it yourself.

If we made a big deal every single time something like what he said happens that would be too much. We know when to step in and we know when stuff is better addressed through pm's out of sight.

If you have any questions regarding the rules or moderation of the sight feel free to pm me or another mod.

mse

#JDI
s_camp

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
s_camp wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:

Tell Kareem.

None of us have defended that hit in the slightest.

As for him breaking the rules, leave that stuff to the moderators. If you think we should address something pm us, don't handle it yourself.

If we made a big deal every single time something like what he said happens that would be too much. We know when to step in and we know when stuff is better addressed through pm's out of sight.

If you have any questions regarding the rules or moderation of the sight feel free to pm me or another mod.

mse

I have no problem with the moderation. Just trying to make a point. People mess things up, even when there's plenty of time to not mess up. In such a rushed situation as a football game, guys make mistakes. I don't think many of these hits are done with a plan to hurt other players, not long term at least.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:

Tell Kareem.

As for following and breaking rules:

Webmaster wrote:
The following forum rules must be followed by everyone
[...]

2. Personal attacks, name calling, and threats to other members are not allowed.

Apollo Stallion wrote:
That picture is poorly formatted, stupid, and proves nothing as it's clearly AFTER the illegal hit happened which was in the air (AJ has likely already been concussed in this shot). Your own COACH benched him for overtime you idiots! In the post game interviews, he didn't even deny the illegal hit and his likely fine, instead whining about not knowing whether to go low or go high (um - you could learn to tackle instead of hit, fool). Dude missed another "hit" on the 2 point conversion which ultimately cost you the game. How are you fools not embarassed by a player dancing around and celebrating after injuring a universally popular player and giving up a critical catch that even if it was incomplete, risked drawing a 15 yard penalty keeping the drive alive anyway. Check back to me in 2 months when Pollards act costs you a game or two.

I'll assume you were upset and in the rush of emotions you broke a rule you probably don't think about too much. And all you're doing is posting on a message board, with time to proofread, no less. Is it possible that in a high-pressure situation with little to no time to think these players broke a rule... accidentally? Just like you?

Congrats on the most vacuous post of the season.

1) Referring to a group of people as "idiots" or "fools" is by its plural nature not a personal attack. It is neither profane nor threatening nor, if uttered by anyone over the age of 4, is not name calling that would generate offense to anyone but those so thin skinned they probably ought to avoid sports debate or sports altogether and return to posting "Leave Britney Alone" selfies.

2) If the mods decided I had crossed the line, they would follow procedure and give me a warning. If I repeatedly ignored the warnings, or thumbed my nose at their authority, they would ban me from the site. I most certainly am NOT an employee of the website, nor do my words present any legal threat to the owners of the site or a physical danger to other employees, the way Pollard's actions do. Furthermore, any imbecile with internet access can get an account and post here vs. about 1,700 elite athletes granted the privilege of playing in the NFL which in Pollard's case earns him $2 million this year to play 16 weeks of football.

3) If you can't discern the difference between a minor rules violation such as a uniform fine vs. a $42k fine for a hit to the head, or actually think that a web post is at all comparable to a forearm hit to a defenseless man's head from a player with a well documented history of blatant disregard for player safety, then you might in fact fit the technical standard for idiocy and/or foolishness making such names an accurate description rather than an insult. Ron Burgundy might be described as an idiot, so might I encourage you to continue to "stay classy" or go do anything else an idiot might read on a teleprompter.

mse326

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright let's get back on track. Stop talking about the rules of the site and whether something is or isn't against the rules.

Let's just focus on football

mse

#JDI
s_camp

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:

Enormous quote tree deleted

Nice job missing the point. Have fun ranting about Pollard.

Edit: was typing my post when mse posted.
kamikazepants

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:

s_camp wrote:
Tell Kareem.

Asking for a holier than thou rage fueled rant towards a Texans player who had a more egregious offense?

Don't be silly, that would make too much sense Laughing
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kamikazepants wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:

s_camp wrote:
Tell Kareem.

Asking for a holier than thou rage fueled rant towards a Texans player who had a more egregious "first" offense?

Don't be silly, that would make too much sense Laughing

Fixed it. Check back with me after Kareem's dirty tactics force multiple NFL rule changes designed to prevent him from injuring the leagues stars. Or if he racked up $100k in fines last year or $52k already this year. Or when he racks up multiple offenses for specifically targeting the head/neck area of defenseless receivers, not to mention taking out Brady, Welker, Gronk, each with cheap shots and Ridley with a legal yet still sickening hit. Ended Anthony Gonzalez' career. NFL Leader w/15 personal fouls since 2010 (including the one missed Sunday). He has also has gone on record stating that there is nothing wrong with players putting bounties on other players "as long as it's their money", thinks it's okay to hang a sign that says "mission: kill" in the same locker room where Steve McNair once laced up his cleats just like last year's "kill or be killed" comments as a Raven. Yep, he's pretty much identical to Kareem Jackson.

BTW - There is no Kareem debate here because to a man, every poster here including me agreed that Kareem deserved whatever fine would come his way for his dumb hit. Only ill informed or delusional Titans fans (and two turncoat Texan "fans") tried to proclaim the hit clean - which has clearly been proven to be a gross misunderstanding of the rules as it was specifically deemed to be exactly the same as a helmet to helmet hit.

Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW - So now it appears that Kendall Wright has a concussion. Great work Titans medical staff! Send a concussed player back into a game and let him practice because he says he feels ok and wants to play. I'm betting if you asked that hot blonde side piece Eddie George was busted with, she said she was fine to drive home at 2am as well but the breathalyzer and Eddie's wife felt differently. Um drunks and people recently hit in the head shouldn't be the decision makers, would be the general theme there. Good thing there are strict rules you are supposed to follow in these situations - you know the one's that had AJ in the concussion protocols the instant Pollard hit him in the head. Titans are going to get yet another call from the league this week to explain the importance of this whole $765 million dollar concussion issue AGAIN. Oops.

Titans - might want to stick by the phone for when Rob Turner's fine comes down for his peelback block / attempted knee blow out on JJ Watt. Gee kamikaze, didn't see much "debate" on that hit either since it would be like clapping with one hand...

Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to put a final bow on this:

Rob Turner's fine came down today and it's rather underwhelming @ $10k considering Matt Slausen ended Cushing's season last year with a similar peel back block and Suh got docked $100k for it in week 1. Turner is now whining about Watt calling him out in the press. I think these Titan linemen need to be put through the concussion protocol as they seem to be having memory problems...

FYI - Jackie Battle also got fined $21k for lowering the crown of his helmet into Daniel Manning (another penalty this awful ref crew failed to call on the field although this vague rule is more excusable than the obvious pass interference calls they missed and all the calls Kubiak had to challenge to get overturned).

kamikazepants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Just to put a final bow on this:

Rob Turner's fine came down today and it's rather underwhelming @ $10k considering Matt Slausen ended Cushing's season last year with a similar peel back block and Suh got docked $100k for it in week 1.

After your rant on the difference between Pollard and Jackson, it's a little surprising seeing this statement.

But I guess I really shouldn't be surprised at all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: