Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2 Texans vs Titans GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggio7 wrote:
That's a big picture.
Yeah, I got rid of it. No matter how well it illustrated my point, it just wasn't worth it. Laughing

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 12 receptions, 237 yards, 1 touchdown
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That picture is poorly formatted, stupid, and proves nothing as it's clearly AFTER the illegal hit happened which was in the air (AJ has likely already been concussed in this shot). Your own COACH benched him for overtime you idiots! In the post game interviews, he didn't even deny the illegal hit and his likely fine, instead whining about not knowing whether to go low or go high (um - you could learn to tackle instead of hit, fool). Dude missed another "hit" on the 2 point conversion which ultimately cost you the game. How are you fools not embarassed by a player dancing around and celebrating after injuring a universally popular player and giving up a critical catch that even if it was incomplete, risked drawing a 15 yard penalty keeping the drive alive anyway. Check back to me in 2 months when Pollards act costs you a game or two.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder

Last edited by Apollo Stallion on Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
-Hope-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
The crown of his helmet CLEARLY HIT AJ's head

...no. No it very clearly did not. Did you actually watch the play? This isn't even arguable. At all. 1:28. It's not even close.

Your boy Antonio Smith on Pollard:
“That’s my friend so I can’t really talk bad about him. I love Bernard to death. He plays the game with passion and I know he’s not going deliberately to try and hurt Andre.”

Huh. Looks like even a guy who has no qualms taking a swing at another player's head with a helmet is reacting to this more rationally than you are. That's not a good place to be. Laughing

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
biggio7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
biggio7 wrote:
That's a big picture.
Yeah, I got rid of it. No matter how well it illustrated my point, it just wasn't worth it. Laughing

That was actually a metaphorical sentence.

jk but it does fit that way too. Laughing

Adopt a Texan: Mr. Kareem Jackson
FFBB; Suule o nerte!
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Owen Daniels, might have been a bit closer to the play...

Quote:
“I’ve never seen a more blatant blow to the head. A big miss by the officials, especially for a guy like Andre. I know you have to protect every player, especially someone like him.”

Season long sig bet on Pollard being fined, confirming the illegality of the hit!

They showed at least 2 angles during the official review CLEARLY showing Pollards shoulder and forearm striking the side of AJ's helmet. Even that stupid picture shows that. Pollard clearly launched and AJ was clearly in a "defenseless" posture. If you know anything about head trauma, even a low force hit to the temple can cause an epidural hematoma which can be fatal. I would think we would be past the stage where we even homer fans excuse away plays like this as hard nosed football or players like Pollard as providing any value to the game other than to bring the collective level of talent down to a level where the goons take out players who approach the game the right way. For goodness sakes it is ALWAYS Pollard, Goldson, Suh, and Meriweather and I fully expect Harrison to chime in tonight. Suspend ALL of them this week and next offense is 4 games. NFL HAS to clean this crap up or the next suit will be $1 billion+.

Last edited by Apollo Stallion on Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, I'm just going to step out. It was a good game. I feel no need to be baited into an argument with an irrational poster bent on making sure Titans fans hate the Texans just as much as Texans fans hate Bud Adams. There's just no benefit. It's amazing that, after a win like that, you still can't manage to be a decently respectful person. It's pretty sad actually. When my team has a tough, big win, I'm able to celebrate. Not complain about everything that didn't go my way and curse my fellow fans for not talking enough garbage to the losing fan base.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 12 receptions, 237 yards, 1 touchdown
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
-Hope-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Owen Daniels, might have been a bit closer to the play...

Quote:
“I’ve never seen a more blatant blow to the head. A big miss by the officials, especially for a guy like Andre. I know you have to protect every player, especially someone like him.”

Season long sig bet on Pollard being fined, confirming the illegality of the hit!

Fines don't determine illegality. We've seen fines for totally legal hits before. They're practically arbitrary.

And the fact that you ignored clear, obvious video evidence that you're 100% wrong is enough to convince me to give up on this. Enjoy the win.

skywindO2 wrote:
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the rule. Now let's hear the defense on how Pollards hit was not the very definition of an illegal hit.

Quote:
It is a foul if a player initiates unnecessary contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture.
(a) Players in a defenseless posture are: [. . .]
(2) A receiver attempting to catch a pass; or who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a runner. If the receiver/runner is capable of avoiding or warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player;
[. . .]
(b) Prohibited contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture is:
(1) Forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenseless player by encircling or grasping him; and
(2) Lowering the head and making forcible contact with the top/crown or forehead/”hairline" parts of the helmet against any part of the defenseless player’s body."

-Hope-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Here's the rule. Now let's hear the defense on how Pollards hit was not the very definition of an illegal hit.

Quote:
It is a foul if a player initiates unnecessary contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture.
(2) A receiver attempting to catch a pass; or who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a runner. If the receiver/runner is capable of avoiding or warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player;
[. . .]
(1) Forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenseless player by encircling or grasping him; and
(2) Lowering the head and making forcible contact with the top/crown or forehead/”hairline" parts of the helmet against any part of the defenseless player’s body."

It's still fairly obvious. I'm not sure what you're not grasping about this. Look at the slow-motion replay in the video I posted- I guess you're STILL ignoring it. Pollard's shoulder hits AJ's shoulder. Not the illegal head/neck area. The most severe impact to Andre's head happens when it snaps back as he hits the ground, and I'd imagine that's what did the real damage.

With that, I'm done here. You'll find a way to convince yourself it was dirty, and you'll wallow in your irrational hatred like you seem to love to do. I ain't got no time fo dat.

skywindO2 wrote:
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hit Pollard made was clean after seeing it in person, during replays when they challenged the catch and seeing a video on it. My problem was Pollard celebrating after hitting an injured player. Pollard is a clown for that. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:

Quote:
[. . .]

It's still fairly obvious. I'm not sure what you're not grasping about this. Look at the slow-motion replay in the video I posted- I guess you're STILL ignoring it. Pollard's shoulder hits AJ's shoulder. Not the illegal head/neck area. The most severe impact to Andre's head happens when it snaps back as he hits the ground, and I'd imagine that's what did the real damage.

With that, I'm done here. You'll find a way to convince yourself it was dirty, and you'll wallow in your irrational hatred like you seem to love to do. I ain't got no time fo dat.

I'm not ignoring it - I've seen 3 other angles not on NFL.com and so will the league office. Just saw it 2 more times on ESPN. AJs entire head jerked from the contact, he was in a defensless posture and YOU still have completely ignored his classless multiple celebrations of his stupid hit that accomplished nothing.

-Hope-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The celebrations were dumb. I'll readily concede that. It simply wasn't what I was debating. The hit was legal, plain and simple.

skywindO2 wrote:
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
The celebrations were dumb. I'll readily concede that. It simply wasn't what I was debating. The hit was legal, plain and simple.

Oh nah, I was just speaking about that in general and agreeing with you about the Pollard hit on Johnson.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Pollard plays any man coverage he will cost them a game or three
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dre is officially in the concussion protocol stages. Kub said If he continues to improve from after the game today, he should be out there Sunday.

As usual Reed Is "making progress" and is "exactly where they thought he'd be"

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
31 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: