Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2 Texans vs Titans GDT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Week 2 Texans vs Titans GDT Reply with quote

Where: Reliant Stadium, Houston, Texas
When: Sunday September 14, 12/1ET
TV: http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2013&wk=2
Titans GDT:(For a good laugh) http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=529952&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

It's Houston's football savior

v.s

Some old guy

It's also the return of the Ninja.

Texans: After a slow start in the 1st half against the Chargers week 1, the Texans showed the team we thought they'd be in the 2nd half in quite possibly the greatest comeback in Texans history. We get one of the leaders of the D back in DE Antonio Smith who took a 3 week hiatus to hone in his Ninja skills. Also, personally I believe we will see Ed Reed start his first game for the Texans as he shakes off the rust to be full boar for his return to Baltimore next weekend.

Titans:With trying to contain JJ Watt and I guess to improve their run game, they invested money into LG Levine and 1st round pick Warmack. I'm not going to play like I watched the Titans v Steelers game last week, other than Humble's own Jackie Battle vulcharing a TD from CJ, but the money they spent didn't result in productivity with CJ rushing for 75 yards on 25 carries. Most people around the league didn't expect to Steelers to be any good, and the loss of Pouncey to an ACL injury didn't help that. Nevertheless the Titans went on the road and won, which we all know is difficult in the NFL. The Titan's are a team full of good athletes than could possibly be turning into football players and could be a handful this weekend. Although, in a passing league where QB's rule, this team will only go as far as Locker, and the Texans seem to have his number. (Good thing for Titans fans GQ left town)

Positional Advantages
QB Adv Texans
RB Push
WR Adv Texans
TE Adv Texans
OL Push
DL Adv Texans
LB Push
DB Adv Texans
ST Adv Texans

Keys to the game
1)Better OL play although we kept Matt relatively clean, he used his improved mobility to escape some situations. In the run game, they must get a better push.
2)Cush v CJ Cush looked slow and apprehensive in the week 1 win. He has to get back to his aggressive nature or CJ could be in for a big day.
3)Titans OL v our DL like mentioned above, the Titans spent A LOT of money to upgrade the OG position. They'll be tested by reigning DPOY JJ Watt and a fresh Antonio Smith.

X-Factor
Garret Graham - he'll be matched up against our old friend and horrible coverage guy Bernard Pollard. He could be in for a big day.

Fantasy Outlook
Start Schaub, Dre, OD, Texans D, Chris Johnson
Sit Arian, Britt, Locker

Oh, and there's this from Titan's DT Casey

@PaulKuharskyNFL: Jurrell Casey on #Titans vs. #Texans: "We're going to go out there and make sure we put our foot up their (butt).Sorry about the cuss word."

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
48 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're gonna beat you guys really badly and stuff.

I hope. Sad

#1CB Jason McCourty
2014 Stats - 5 Games(Missed 2nd half of week 2/Played hurt week 3)/2 INTs/78.0 QB rating when thrown at
LT Michael Roos
Out for the year. Thanks for the great years, Roos.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an early game, and i dont want to use "Must Win", but this is a big one. We play the Ravens, Seahawks and 49ers over our next 3 and we could lose all of them. We need to get to 2-0
-Hope-

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/09/vanilla-ice-to-perform-at-halftime-of-texans-titans-game/

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
titans0021

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/09/vanilla-ice-to-perform-at-halftime-of-texans-titans-game/

Works well with the complimentary earplugs they are handing out before the game.
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
vanilla-ice-to-perform-at-halftime-of-texans game

Vanilla wha??

Maybe it's a tribute to their defensive playcalling. Cool

2014 Adopt-A-Titan 7 Zach Mettenberger
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, I want to LOL at all the Titans fans in their board that is saying that this will be an easy win for them if they double and contain Andre Johnson. They contained him last season in the first meeting and still lost the game by 24 points. I believe AJ had 3 catches for 56 yards that day. Andre didnt have 100 yards any any meeting against the Titans and we still beat them. Plus they don't have anybody that can lock him up to begin with.

First home game of the season and the crowd is going to be crazy. Im not really worried about our defense this game since Rivers is a much better QB than Locker is. If I wanted to use the Titans fans logic I could say, if we limit CJ and shut him down then this will be an easy win.

Titans did a nice job against the Steelers on D, I give them that, but the Steelers dont have anything near a run game as we do.

Oh and BTW, I read Jurrell Casey's comments. He had his nice game against the Steelers last week, but he is about to face a good OL and let's see if he can talk the talk.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, what's with the Titans infestation going on? Haha, kidding!! (kind of). Welcome to our game day thread (go away). Good luck this week! (I hope yall go 1-15).

ADOPT-A-TEXAN: CJ "Polish Hat" Fiedorowicz
TitanSS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LORK 88 wrote:
Geez, what's with the Titans infestation going on? Haha, kidding!! (kind of). Welcome to our game day thread (go away). Good luck this week! (I hope yall go 1-15).

Lumberjackchris posted a link to your gameday thread in our gameday thread.

That's why I clicked over here. I'd assume it's the same for a few others.

Prediction:

You win because the Titans go back to not defending the middle of the field and playing too far off the receivers. Jake Locker still leaves a lot to be desired of a franchise QB.

Final Score:

Texans - 35
Titans - 20
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Titans game thread title has them 2-0 and us 1-1. Cute. Laughing Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we don't win big then we don't deserve a playoff spot. Titans offense is terrible ( I watched them sadly last week) and their defense won't be able to hold Ajs jock strap. Even if they lock up Foster, Tate will emerge with a 5.0 or better ypc. Bottom line, we better win by 2 tds or more.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen any Titans fans talking about a sure win.

It's more of a "hope" that Week One's showing is the norm. If it is, then expect some Smash Mouth football from the Titans.

They might not have rushed for 180 yards against the Steelers but they ran effectively. Steelers still have a formidable defense, so lets not short change them there.

But the question to me again goes to if our defense is the defense we saw. A lot of people are saying the Steelers are that bad rather than saying the defense was good.

So we see this week which one it was more of....

The team is improved. They shouldn't be doormats like some here thinking.
Odds are Texans walk away with a W, but don't expect a blowout for the Texans.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
I haven't seen any Titans fans talking about a sure win.

It's more of a "hope" that Week One's showing is the norm. If it is, then expect some Smash Mouth football from the Titans.

They might not have rushed for 180 yards against the Steelers but they ran effectively. Steelers still have a formidable defense, so lets not short change them there.

But the question to me again goes to if our defense is the defense we saw. A lot of people are saying the Steelers are that bad rather than saying the defense was good.

So we see this week which one it was more of....

The team is improved. They shouldn't be doormats like some here thinking.
Odds are Texans walk away with a W, but don't expect a blowout for the Texans.

Lol wut? I meant the thread title, the OP is acting cocky by already putting 2-0 for the Titans and 1-1 for the Texans. Yet if we would have done that Titans fans would say "classy" or "Good job being cocky"

Titan Legends post

Quote:
If our D plays like it did last week, we win. And it won't be close.

But after seeing how bad the defense was last year, I'm cautious to think it can be so dominant yet again.

Mesa Titan's post

Quote:

Cover the RB's out of the backfield, and double AJ. Easy win if that happens.

To me, I dont think you guys really ran the ball effective. Chris Johnson averaged 2.8 yards per carry on 24 attempts, and Jackie Battle averaged 2.6 yards per carry.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this game won't be close. Texans dominate all facets of the game.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:

You kiddin me? I'm going for the Vanilla Ice show. Stickin around for the game, because beer. Very Happy

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: