Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2.97 seconds
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cattleman78

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: 2.97 seconds Reply with quote

2.97 seconds is the average time Weeden had to pass Sunday vs. the Dolphins. 2.97 seconds would be the 5th most time a q.b. would have to pass last year. This is according to P.F.F.
I think we can draw three conclusions from this.

1. While our off. line played poorly they did not quite play as poorly as we think.

2. Weeden had time on a lot of plays but still played poorly a lot of plays.

3. I don't think our receivers got good separation on some plays when Weeden had time.

In conclusion I feel Weeden, the off. line and our receivers all had a lot to do with our poor offensive outing. All three broke down at certain times. It surely is a team effort.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 Yes and #3 definitely. Until we start to gash teams in the pass game, Trent will never get off, plus how Oniel Cousins is still on this roster baffles me....

PSN: bench515lbs
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
#2 Yes and #3 definitely. Until we start to gash teams in the pass game, Trent will never get off, plus how Oniel Cousins is still on this roster baffles me....

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I noticed is that after that first pick he threw in the deep ball attempt to Benjamin, we really didn't take many if any shots downfield at all. We had the Cameron one where he was ruled down by contact after a 30 yard connection, but everything else was short to medium distance.

Our receivers definitely do need to get better separation. One thing I noticed some of the better guys doing, and Anquan Boldin probably does it better than anyone else, is push off without extending his arms. Could it get called? Sure. But when you push off and keep your arms bent, it's a hard call to make, compared to pushing off extending your arms completely where it's likely to be an obvious offensive P.I. call.

"The league has maintained that they will not suspend players for a positive result caused by second-hand smoke in the past:"
pmk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weeden seemed completely lost in the pocket at times Sunday. I can't tell if this is because guys aren't getting open (might have to invest in the all-22 tape this year) or because he struggles to go through his progressions. What really bothered me is that he's still patting the ball, could have sworn I saw multiple reports during camp that he was going to rid himself of that bad habit. NFL linemen will continue to bat down his passes unless he stops that. Agreed with Izzo that they didn't take any shots down the field after that first INT either which was surprising (totally fine with that pick too, it was 3rd and long and had they punted it more than likely would have been a touchback). That might be a product of not having Gordon but they needed to scheme up something in the second half to keep the safetys honest.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pmk wrote:
Weeden seemed completely lost in the pocket at times Sunday. I can't tell if this is because guys aren't getting open (might have to invest in the all-22 tape this year) or because he struggles to go through his progressions. What really bothered me is that he's still patting the ball, could have sworn I saw multiple reports during camp that he was going to rid himself of that bad habit. NFL linemen will continue to bat down his passes unless he stops that. Agreed with Izzo that they didn't take any shots down the field after that first INT either which was surprising (totally fine with that pick too, it was 3rd and long and had they punted it more than likely would have been a touchback). That might be a product of not having Gordon but they needed to scheme up something in the second half to keep the safetys honest.
The thing that disappointed me was the Dolphins adjusted after the first half and we looked totally clueless and scared, I guarantee teams will follow the same blueprint until we make plays down field. DB's will squat on routes and will probably play cover 0 or 1 at worst because of us not being able to make plays. We have to have the ability to pull defenders out of the box in order to sustain a run game.

PSN: bench515lbs
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lack of adjustments and poor play.... That's browns 101 folks.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I thought this was someone who had started a "Honeymoon" Shocked thread and that it was going to end up getting locked, or sent to the HornbyHobbit thread.

2014 1st Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award...#JOSHGORDONSHAFTED! Adopt a Brownie 2014: Jabaal Sheard
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all about the receivers getting separation.

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:

Nah, it's more than that. Weeden was indecisive and not accurate enough. Some of it is definitely on the receivers, but a chunk of it is on Weeden also.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think also, that he spent most of the day with the right side of the line operating like a doorman where EVERYONE is on the list.

So while we'd like to think that he'd be able to block this out of his mind, and step into his throws more, it was very evident that while he was theoretically using his left eye to work through his progressions, while having his right eye was continually peeking back to see who was about to thump him.

2014 1st Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award...#JOSHGORDONSHAFTED! Adopt a Brownie 2014: Jabaal Sheard
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucketheadsdad wrote:
I think also, that he spent most of the day with the right side of the line operating like a doorman where EVERYONE is on the list.

So while we'd like to think that he'd be able to block this out of his mind, and step into his throws more, it was very evident that while he was theoretically using his left eye to work through his progressions, while having his right eye was continually peeking back to see who was about to thump him.

And NO coaching adjustments to fix the situation....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
And I coaching adjustments to fix the situation....

Clearly, Schwartz needed help with Wake. It appeared to me that the Browns gave Richardson the assignment of helping Schwartz with chip blocks. On multiple occasions, Richardson failed pretty badly with his blocking, sometimes never even getting into proper position. I'm guessing that's why Richardson didn't see the field as much on passing plays.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
DawgX

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offensive line is pretty good at pass blocking, although the right side of the line didn't do well. But they struggle at run blocking. Not all of the linemen, but Cousins was awful. Nearly every time Richardson touched the ball, there were defenders in his face and no holes to run through.

On the first drive, Richardson ran well which opened things up for the passing game. As soon as the running game started to not work well, the passing game didn't work well either. When Richardson is running well, defenses have to respect the running game and that makes things easier for the passing game. While Richardson has some things to work on, I believe most of his struggles are due to the run blocking. When he's able to get past the LOS, he's very dangerous. However, it's hard to get past the LOS when there's no holes to run through and there's defenders in your face as soon as you touch the ball.

If the run blocking improves, then I think the offense as a whole will improve as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: