Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wk 2 Gameday Thread: Chiefs vs Cowboys
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Gates
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
Arthur Bryant's
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Oklahoma Joe's
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Jack Stack
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:

Anywho:

My boy truckstick Charles, glad I bought his jersey. Very Happy

Mo Clai has a dislocated shoulder. IT popped out completly against the Giants last week.

simonwayne wrote:
Almost through watching the game since I recorded it.

What a BS holding call against Berry. Should have been an INT to seal the deal. Thank god that didn't cost us the game.

They call was supposed to be illegal contact, which there was. Id have to go back and rewatch, but I am pretty sure they even marked off illegal contact (5 yards) as opposed to holding.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mo Clai has a dislocated shoulder. IT popped out completly against the Giants last week.

Right, doesn't change the fact he was completely run over on the play. If he can't make plays because of something, then he should have been in there. Either that or it shouldn't be used as an excuse.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Quote:

Right, doesn't change the fact he was completely run over on the play. If he can't make plays because of something, then he should have been in there. Either that or it shouldn't be used as an excuse.

Charles had a quad bruise, he shouldn't have the power to do it

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another reason we don't want Smith running around too much, because he seemingly got rattled later on in the game making at least 3 errant throws to fairly open WR's.

I also saw a few times, especially when they showed a replay, that when Smith was scrambling, he often had guys open down field for 1st down yardage, but chose to run it short of the 1st. These were guys on his side of the field, and should have been pretty easy for him to spot. These are the types of plays we need made to do more than squeak out a win.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Quote:

Question

Not sure what the point of this is. Charles hit him directly on the shoulder, Mo Clai flopped and didnt wrap up. It is what it is...
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Quote:

That happens to CB all the time. It does not mean they should not be in the game. JC laid a lick on him and he folded. That happens a lot.

J

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Flowers got beat this week, A LOT, now I'm not saying he had terrible coverage, because I think it was fairly good, but bottom line is, we gave up a lot of catches/yards to Dez. Honestly in this game Carr was a better performer in my opinion.

Flowers had the tougher cover though and a QB in Romo that was gonna go to Dez early and often.

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:0/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1h

Since playoffs expanded to 12 teams in 1990, 63 pct of teams to start season 2-0 (119 of 188) have advanced to postseason.

One can dream ...

No need to dream. The AFC is really weak - or at least was going into this year. I had, and still have, you guys making the playoffs at the very least a 6th seed. But I think you will battle Denver for the Division and could finish very highly on the seed.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defense has been good so far and should get better barring injury but we have to improve this pop gun offense if we really wanna make any noise.
Ataal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Another reason we don't want Smith running around too much, because he seemingly got rattled later on in the game making at least 3 errant throws to fairly open WR's.

I also saw a few times, especially when they showed a replay, that when Smith was scrambling, he often had guys open down field for 1st down yardage, but chose to run it short of the 1st. These were guys on his side of the field, and should have been pretty easy for him to spot. These are the types of plays we need made to do more than squeak out a win.

This was an issue in SF, too. It's kind of a take the good with the bad kind of thing. He'll miss some reads and frustrate you with that "just short of the 1st down" once in a while. But, he'll protect the ball and will, more often than not, never cost you the game with a horrible pick. There's a reason us SF fans argued about him constantly.

I've always liked Alex and will follow him wherever he goes. He's a class act no matter how much he's been screwed over and I just have to give him a ton of respect for that. He's also flashed some really, really good games in his career.

Great win against Dallas, KC fans! I'm sure Alex was happy for the win, too. In 2011, we lost to Dallas in a very close game in overtime at home.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good win guys. Slow start but glad you won.
Lost my bet (no cover) but still happy for Alex.

I think you guys start 3-0, Thursday will be a good game though. I called playoffs as a wildcard and it look to be true. I want to see you guys play Denver though. They look great but if the d can get pressure on manning, will be a good game. I don't think he can drive the ball very deep anymore so pressure the wrs at the line and should be a good game

new sig... sorry alex
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who might not have seen it, I posted my analysis of this game in the Chiefs defense thread. I think people will be surprised about the real reason Witten was shut down.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the game:

Quote:
Arrowhead Pride ‏@ArrowheadPride 19m

Chiefs-Broncos goes down to the 7th tiebreaker in the AFC West, and KC has the advantage http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: