Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wk 2 Gameday Thread: Chiefs vs Cowboys
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Gates
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
Arthur Bryant's
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Oklahoma Joe's
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Jack Stack
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

roar2014

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefs82 wrote:
Best part of today is Donks trail the Giants

Lol what about my Broncos again?

The Broncos are a second half team. You can see this by the way they completely changed their offensive game plan in the second half.

Your defense played well though. Dontari Poe causes lots of havoc and will be a key cog to your defense for years to come. Not impressed with your outside pass rush as much this game, especially now that your defense ended up facing two good bookend tackles.

Alex Smith, as we all know, is and will always be a game manager. Which is an upgrade from Cassel.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roar2014 wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:

The Broncos are a second half team. You can see this by the way they completely changed their offensive game plan in the second half.

Your defense played well though. Dontari Poe causes lots of havoc and will be a key cog to your defense for years to come. Not impressed with your outside pass rush as much this game, especially now that your defense ended up facing two good bookend tackles.

Alex Smith, as we all know, is and will always be a game manager. Which is an upgrade from Cassel.

It helps when Eli makes so many stupid throws though.
roar2014

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
roar2014 wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:

It helps when Eli makes so many stupid throws though.

And the Broncos took advantage of it.

Our defense played very well though and Von and Champ aren't back yet.
simonwayne

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost through watching the game since I recorded it.

What a BS holding call against Berry. Should have been an INT to seal the deal. Thank god that didn't cost us the game.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roar2014 wrote:

Well I hope you took advantage, you've got Peyton throwing the rock. You give him that many chances and he'll kill you.

You guys need Miller back though, you were getting zero pressure and showing bad discipline on Defense. I concede it was a good victory, I mean how wasn't it? Buts its to be expected with so many turnovers your way, and a lot of that was Eli stupidity nothing exactly to special from the defensive front.

Anywho:

My boy truckstick Charles, glad I bought his jersey. Very Happy
chiefs82

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^ I love the all red jerseys Laughing Cool. Can't say that enough

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:23/Sacks:7:FF:1/FR:0
simonwayne

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also not too concerned about the lack of rushing yards for Charles yet. I love Charles but I could care less if he has a low season for rushing yards as long as we keep on getting wins.

If we were losing then I'd be concerned but honestly I don't remember one play tonight where I felt like we should have for sure ran it as opposed to pass it. Maybe thats just my mindset though since there were countless times last year when we for sure should have passed the ball but didn't.

Charles should get it going soon anyways. He's too talented not too. Cowboys just did a good job blowing up the run each time and I'm glad we didn't stick with it.
NoFlyZone

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
roar2014 wrote:

Well I hope you took advantage, you've got Peyton throwing the rock. You give him that many chances and he'll kill you.

You guys need Miller back though, you were getting zero pressure and showing bad discipline on Defense. I concede it was a good victory, I mean how wasn't it? Buts its to be expected with so many turnovers your way, and a lot of that was Eli stupidity nothing exactly to special from the defensive front.

Anywho:

My boy truckstick Charles, glad I bought his jersey. Very Happy

To be fair Claiborne has a separated shoulder and clearly was awkward going in there trying to make that tackle. He didn't really have a chance.

^ made by CalhounLambeau
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
I'm also not too concerned about the lack of rushing yards for Charles yet. I love Charles but I could care less if he has a low season for rushing yards as long as we keep on getting wins.

If we were losing then I'd be concerned but honestly I don't remember one play tonight where I felt like we should have for sure ran it as opposed to pass it. Maybe thats just my mindset though since there were countless times last year when we for sure should have passed the ball but didn't.

Charles should get it going soon anyways. He's too talented not too. Cowboys just did a good job blowing up the run each time and I'm glad we didn't stick with it.

To me, it is telling with Charles that when we decided to force the issue and run it at the end, we didn't really have a problem doing so. That made me a lot less concerned with our run game than I had been before.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
24 catches, 307 yards, 3 TDs
chiefs82

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been really impressed with Anthony Sherman. Guy lays lumber when he blocks, he plays ST's and can catch. I can see why Javy was traded for him.

chiefs82

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Garrett:
Quote:
This is also interesting from Jason Garrett:"I don't think we had great rhythm on offense," Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said. "We didn't really have the balance we wanted, we weren't able to run the ball like we like to. They're a pressure-oriented team and they can challenge you a lot of different ways. The way to beat them is the way we play them when we're having success; get those receivers matched up outside. Dez had a big ball game. Some of the man-to-man coverage outside we kept winning; Tony made some big throws. But they can make you sloppy just based on their style and you have to fight through that and make some plays and make the plays really count. At times we did that today and at times we didn't do enough of that."

Chiefer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefs82 wrote:
I've been really impressed with Anthony Sherman. Guy lays lumber when he blocks, he plays ST's and can catch. I can see why Javy was traded for him.

He was money in the 2nd half.
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1h

Since playoffs expanded to 12 teams in 1990, 63 pct of teams to start season 2-0 (119 of 188) have advanced to postseason.

One can dream ...
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was sweating this one out, but elated that KC pulled the victory.

The run game was concerning, but I have to wonder if the problems were more a product of poor playcalling. What's with all of the slow developing run calls? They are great when they have time to work (duh), but in this last game, that just wasn't happening. The backfield was getting violated too quickly for those to work... why not some quick-hitters up the A gaps?

I felt as if the pass pro really let me down. I don't know if we just are not getting the hot-routes down yet or what. Seems Alex isn't as frequently finding that hot route, and I have to wonder if receivers are not sure of what they are supposed to do.

Anyway, it's awesome that KC can win games as this offense evolves. I hope each week it can improve and get hot late in the season for a legit playoff shot.

( defense of course is stout, but I expected better from Flowers on the deep verticals... and was surprised that Romo wasn't harassed more by the front 7 )

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of Media, watched the ESPN pre-game for a bit. Key has us going to the Superbowl. Says that there are only 2 legit teams in the AFC Houston (who has struggled) and Denver who...let's be honest folks, are just toying with teams.

I really wish we had an early game against Denver then a late season game to come back around to. I think we can take one from them, but find it highly unlikely we take both and wouldn't be shocked if they do. Their D has been solid, and that is with missing two of their top three players. Biggest interest here for me is if Miller gets more games tacked on because of the recent speeding thing.

Great but tense win, I think this is going to be the scenario we see a lot this season, we'll be close in most games, play somewhat conservatively and quickly abandon the run if it gets stuffed.

Closing thoughts, For whatever reason in the second half Dez disappeared, I would like to think it was adjustments, but I think some was poorer play from the Cowboys in general.

Poe is becoming what we thought he could be, me likey very much, Ryk, so glad you were right. If I'm not mistaken he has more sacks than any single member of our D-line last year now.

I love that Smith is mobile, not only outside the pocket but within it, several plays kept alive that would have been either sacks, INTs or balls into the ground last year. But I really hope he doesn't lead our team in rushing many games...putting him on the outside is asking for him to take unnecessary hits.

Flowers got beat this week, A LOT, now I'm not saying he had terrible coverage, because I think it was fairly good, but bottom line is, we gave up a lot of catches/yards to Dez. Honestly in this game Carr was a better performer in my opinion.

What happened to the awesome special teams of the pre-season? By far our most lackluster unit again this week, giving up another blocked kick.

Anyone else see on an early run by Smith the cowboys D-back go to blow him up out of bounds and completely miss him on the sideline?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: