Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wk 2 Gameday Thread: Chiefs vs Cowboys
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Gates
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
Arthur Bryant's
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Oklahoma Joe's
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Jack Stack
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

ryknowssd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:49 am    Post subject: Wk 2 Gameday Thread: Chiefs vs Cowboys Reply with quote

It's killing me that this thread hasn't been posted yet, so here goes nothing.

HOME OPENER!!!

Key Individual Matchups:
Arrow Flowers vs Dez: Flowers has shown a weakness against receivers who can out-jump him (remember Stevie Johnson?), but Brightside definitely has the technical advantage. This will be a fun matchup to watch.
Arrow Sean Smith vs Miles Austin: Smith doesn't have great quickness, so the key will be him being able to press Austin at the LOS and buy himself time for our pass rush to get to him. I see this matchup either being a huge statement made for our D or a huge disaster waiting to happen. If Austin is limited to 60 yards or less, I'll consider it a success. Any more than that and it's a failure in my eyes.
Arrow Berry vs Witten: As long as we can limit Witten's effectiveness, it should spell success for us as a whole. I'm not nearly as concerned with Dez and Austin as I am for this matchup. Time for Berry to step up and prove to the haters that he's one of the best safeties in the league. We all know it. He's just gonna have to show it.
Arrow Alex Smith vs Brandon Carr: I hope Alex & Bowe rip him to shreds. I want that money grubbing bastard to remember this day for the rest of his life.
Arrow Albert/Fisher vs Ware/Spencer: I expect to see Ware to be lined up at LOLB more than usual with how crappy Fisher played in week 1. Spencer is certainly no slouch, but I don't see any way the Cowboys don't try to exploit that mismatch. I really hope Kelce is healthy enough to be on the field as a blocker because we're gonna freakin' NEED him.

Key to Winning the Game:
Pass protection and secondary play will play a huge role in determining the winner this week. If Dunta Robinson plays much, I'll be scared. Expect to see us running a lot of 3 step drops to get the ball out quickly in the passing game and tons of screens to McCluster, Charles & Bowe in an effort to negate their pass rush. Andy Reid knows this team extremely well as an ex-division rival, so I expect to see some spot-on play-calling. If we can keep Charles going, it should translate to a win as long as we don't turn the ball over.

My prediction: 23-17 Chiefs win

...aaaaaaaaaaand discuss!

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm ... didn't know we played Dallas last week ... week ONE was supposed to be against Jacksonville I thought. Never mind - I obviously watched the wrong game Twisted Evil
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead's a nasty place to play.. I like KC's chances... but anything can happen. With Dez and Romo banged up... a pretty poor Dallas OL against a good front 7... physical KC corners vs their receivers... Dallas should have real issues with crowd noise. I have a good feeling. The big concerns would be DeMarcus Ware vs Albert or Fisher... some inside blitzes from Bruce Carter. The KC OL needs to keep Alex cozy early on. I think the Chiefs can use some quick PA to affect their coverage, and finally take a few deep shots. KC should be able to run well enough to keep things remotely balanced.

_____________ DAL - 23 @ KC - 30 _____________

___
chiefs82

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead Will be rocking on Sunday. With Romo and Dez a little banged up, i expect Flowers to press Dez a lot and i expect Sutton to have his guys hit Romo as often as they can. Considering the cowboys gave up 300+ receiving yards to 3 guys, i expect a monster game from Bowe.This is a good match up on both sides of the ball for both teams.

24-21 Chiefs

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:0/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthur is long gone, but the Bryant tradition endures. Love that sauce.

The Cowboys have a mess in the interior OL, but the two tackles are quite good. Romo is a better than average QB, but only that. If we can keep him moving, he won't beat us consistently.

Their LB corps may be as good as ours, while they stay healthy, but our DL creams theirs. Secondary is also not close.

Unless we turn the ball over, we should win this game. The Cowboys should win that division.

J

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:

The Cowboys have a mess in the interior OL, but the two tackles are quite good. Romo is a better than average QB, but only that. If we can keep him moving, he won't beat us consistently.

Their LB corps may be as good as ours, while they stay healthy, but our DL creams theirs. Secondary is also not close.

Unless we turn the ball over, we should win this game. The Cowboys should win that division.

J

Ive got a problem with this part. Romo is better than you give him credit for. Romo is a Top 10 qb in my book, especially in the regular season. Also, Romo is very good out of the pocket, so keeping him moving might not be the best thing for us. I would rather see us contain on the outside and collapse the pocket up the middle. Our defensive performance should be determined by how much pressure DPoe can create. I like his chances against the weak interior for Dallas. The next most important player is Eric Berry. If he can slow down Witten it will take away the "security" option for Romo. Dez is gonna get his yards, plain and simple, hes good and matches up well against flowers, but Witten is their redzone threat. Pressure up the middle and take away Witten and we walk away from this one victorious.

Props to LOTO on the sig.
samsel23

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:

J

Doug Free is not good.

Houston gonna beast off the left side again.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

L. Joseph of the NYG had a hay-day against Dallas' rookie center Fredricks. I have a feeling that Poe is going to have a HUGE game. There is no doubt they will have to double him for most of the game, leaving a lot of 1 on 1's to our other guys up front.

Also, another interesting fact is that Brian Waters could possibly be at guard this week for them.

This will be a tough test for the Chiefs, but I expect Arrowhead to be rocking. If the defense can play well and the offense doesn't turn the ball over, this is a win for the guys in red.

Thanks to LOTO for the sig
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just noticed: Other than Carr the Chiefs may face another long time KC player: Brian Waters. Obviously he's not penciled in as a starter and with a year out of football and no off-season it may take a while. But nevertheless ... might add to the spice.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 things I respectfully disagree with:

Quote:
Romo is a Top 10 qb in my book

Far too many choke moments and game-losing turnovers for me to believe this.

Quote:
but the two tackles are quite good

Agree with samsel23 that Doug Free is not "quite good."

___
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da_Zou13 wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:

J

Ive got a problem with this part. Romo is better than you give him credit for. Romo is a Top 10 qb in my book, especially in the regular season. Also, Romo is very good out of the pocket, so keeping him moving might not be the best thing for us. I would rather see us contain on the outside and collapse the pocket up the middle. Our defensive performance should be determined by how much pressure DPoe can create. I like his chances against the weak interior for Dallas. The next most important player is Eric Berry. If he can slow down Witten it will take away the "security" option for Romo. Dez is gonna get his yards, plain and simple, hes good and matches up well against flowers, but Witten is their redzone threat. Pressure up the middle and take away Witten and we walk away from this one victorious.

I am not sure we disagree. Better than average means top 15 or so. I think Romo is in the 8-12 range. Of course living in Cowboy country may bias my thinking.

Let me put it this way--I would trade QBs in a heartbeat.

J

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
Da_Zou13 wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:

J

I am not sure we disagree. Better than average means top 15 or so. I think Romo is in the 8-12 range. Of course living in Cowboy country may bias my thinking.

Let me put it this way--I would trade QBs in a heartbeat.

J

I, also, am in Cowboy country (Dallas) and the amount of hate Romo gets here is rediculous. I would trade QBs as well, but Im also happy we have Alex. watching Cassel for years will have a certain affect on a person... Laughing

Props to LOTO on the sig.
NoFlyZone

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Chiefs seriously need to considering tripling up on Miles in this one.. Laughing

Seriously though, I think the Dallas receivers will have an alright day if KC plans on a lot of 1 on 1 matchups. What I'm most worried about is our defense having to deal with Charles and getting torched by play action. The Giant's had 3 receivers over 100 yards last week because our defense was awful reacting to play action, and our safeties and linebackers left the middle of the field wide open. I'm also a little worried about Claiborne having to go against Bowe considering he partially dislocated his shoulder against the Giants or something. I personally would love to have Carr shadow Bowe across the field, but that probably isn't going to happen.

^ made by CalhounLambeau
simonwayne

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me get this straight.

The Cowboys barely beat the Giants even with the Giants turning the ball over 6 times?

If we can just take care of the ball we'll be fine. It being in Arrowhead is a big plus too, especially after the way our first win went. Arrowhead is going to be ROCKING.
NoFlyZone

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
Let me get this straight.

The Cowboys barely beat the Giants even with the Giants turning the ball over 6 times?

If we can just take care of the ball we'll be fine. It being in Arrowhead is a big plus too, especially after the way our first win went. Arrowhead is going to be ROCKING.

You guys played the Jaguars. Come on.

Who cares if the Cowboys only won by 6?? They never lost the lead. The final score is also misleading, as the defense basically let the Giants offense march down the field for a touchdown when the game was already over.

^ made by CalhounLambeau

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: