Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sun fined 100k
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Agree or Disagree?
Agree
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
Disagree
62%
 62%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 16

IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesimo wrote:
This is just funny, the NFL probably won't suspend or fine him which would further support my theory on Roger Goodell and the NFL. They don't care about player safety really, they just care about the perception of player safety and staying away from lawsuits in the future.
I agree with the thought that the NFL isn't really focused on safety and is more focused on the public having the perception that they focus on safety, but I don't Roger Goodell is the guy that hands out fines and suspensions so its hard to really blame him.

R.I.P. Stylish
USNinc

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NFL is trying to make the game safe and that's why they fined Suh.

Side note: The Cards player who took a shot at the knees of Suh wasn't fined.
What a joke.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USNinc wrote:

What a joke.

As a Lions fan what is upsetting is the inconsistency in penalty calls on the field which only becomes magnified by Goodalls inconsistency in supplementary discipline. While the NFL is trying to improve player safety it is a contact sport and accidents are going to happen.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
USNinc wrote:

What a joke.

As a Lions fan what is upsetting is the inconsistency in penalty calls on the field which only becomes magnified by Goodalls inconsistency in supplementary discipline. While the NFL is trying to improve player safety it is a contact sport and accidents are going to happen.

The most upsetting aspect to me is not just the penalty calls, but the fines and how they affect Suh and the team. Suh wasn't fined for the block alone, but based on "past history". And half of his "past history" shouldn't have been in the first place. The Cutler shove, the Barber hair pull, these are NOT illegal moves, nor should they have been punishable. But because they punished him for these acts, he's now fined an astronomical amount. This not only affects Suh, but can affect the Lions, as teams are punished after their cumulative fines reach a certain total in a calendar year. So now, not only is Suh being punished twice for legal activities, but the team can be punished based on these legal activities. Rolling Eyes
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
USNinc wrote:

What a joke.

The most upsetting aspect to me is not just the penalty calls, but the fines and how they affect Suh and the team. Suh wasn't fined for the block alone, but based on "past history". And half of his "past history" shouldn't have been in the first place. The Cutler shove, the Barber hair pull, these are NOT illegal moves, nor should they have been punishable. But because they punished him for these acts, he's now fined an astronomical amount. This not only affects Suh, but can affect the Lions, as teams are punished after their cumulative fines reach a certain total in a calendar year. So now, not only is Suh being punished twice for legal activities, but the team can be punished based on these legal activities. Rolling Eyes

True, although there have been illegal instances in the past that he was rightfully fined for.

I find it interesting that the Cardinals' OLinemen wasn't fined because cut blocks are legal, despite the fact that it was clearly away from the play. At least Suh threw a block on someone chasing after the ball-carrier... someone who, if Levy happened to fumble, could have actually made a relevant impact on the outcome. The play was ending, Suh was done, and the Cardinals' OLinemen went low. No flag. No fine.

I'd say that such a block is just as unnecessary - and just as dangerous.

Team Stylish
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
USNinc wrote:

What a joke.

True, although there have been illegal instances in the past that he was rightfully fined for.

I find it interesting that the Cardinals' OLinemen wasn't fined because cut blocks are legal, despite the fact that it was clearly away from the play. At least Suh threw a block on someone chasing after the ball-carrier... someone who, if Levy happened to fumble, could have actually made a relevant impact on the outcome. The play was ending, Suh was done, and the Cardinals' OLinemen went low. No flag. No fine.

I'd say that such a block is just as unnecessary - and just as dangerous.

I think the motivation was clear for the cards RG, he was trying to take Suh out. That's the kind of stuff I would be going out of my way to punish if I was in charge.

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
Rockcity

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just think if Suh even gets close to rg3's leg...
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
USNinc wrote:

What a joke.

I agree Louis. The hit on Cutler was especially frustrating and I certainly couldn't see it as a penalty much less something bigger. As you mention being fined for legal plays means he gets hammered now. Its really frustrating to see Suh get flagged and fined for football plays while other players are getting away with clips, spearing etc.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
USNinc

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:

Google Map the Redskins field and you can see the flag laying on the 40.
Guess they got a early start on calling a penalty...
Rockcity

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USNinc wrote:
Rockcity wrote:

Google Map the Redskins field and you can see the flag laying on the 40.
Guess they got a early start on calling a penalty...
I have no doubt the refs will be up our [inappropriate/removed]. This week it will be the rb lowering his head.. or like I said they will baby the crap out of rg3. Something gamechanging for sure.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: