Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sun fined 100k
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Agree or Disagree?
Agree
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
Disagree
62%
 62%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 16

diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
stafford=legend wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
stafford=legend wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
stafford=legend wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
stafford=legend wrote:
maybe he'll learn how to not do stupid things now.

If it were truly stupid maybe. I was thinking maybe he will try to block better next time he has to block as a DT in the first game with a new rule
I honestly thought it was amazingly stupid: It was one of those instances where I was watching it on T.V. (obviously) and I was simply amazed by what happened. Not amazed in a good way but amazed in a "how could you be so stupid" way. It was pretty undisciplined in my eyes. You know that type of stuff always gets called so why do you do it? I just don't understand sometimes.

How does it always get called? This is the first game that was a penalty. It was not one last year
Stuff like that always gets called and we all know it. The ref is going to get fined if he doesn't throw a flag on such a hit: he dove at the knees of an unsuspecting player. I mean, I don't know why he thought he could get away with it. I just thought it was a case of common sense.

Maybe because he ..... didnt dive at his knee??? If you watch the replay he actually hits ABOVE the knee. His explanation of it makes sense, especially considering the fact that Sullivan has come out and stated he didnt think Suh did it with malicious intent.
When I watch the play I see his leg start to bend in; that is NOT how a leg is supposed to bend. That's a dangerous play regardless and if you watch any coverage on it every analyst agrees that it was wrong of him to have done that.

In the photo I posted in GDT it shows first contact was Suh right shoulde to mid thigh. The motion of both players is what carried it lower. Initial contact was FAR above knee

No, it wasn't FAR above the knee. Its impossible to block someone at thigh level and be far above the knee. As for his momentum, someone would have be dumb as a post to think you can block downward and not have momentum take out the knee.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
jimmydee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivoclm....let me point out the hypocrisy in your statement. You make the ASSUMPTION on what my response would be on the next Suh hit, but don't think it is fair for anyone else to make the same ASSUMPTION about Suh.

I'm done with this........
detfan782004

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clay Matthews only gets 15K? LOL. National Foolish League

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Clay Matthews only gets 15K? LOL. National Foolish League

Funny thing is Mangold probably won't get a fine and his hit was eerily similar to Suh's.

Roger Goodell is a joke, all this preaching about player safety and intentional after the whistle plays are barely penalized.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
stafford=legend wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
stafford=legend wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
stafford=legend wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
stafford=legend wrote:

If it were truly stupid maybe. I was thinking maybe he will try to block better next time he has to block as a DT in the first game with a new rule
I honestly thought it was amazingly stupid: It was one of those instances where I was watching it on T.V. (obviously) and I was simply amazed by what happened. Not amazed in a good way but amazed in a "how could you be so stupid" way. It was pretty undisciplined in my eyes. You know that type of stuff always gets called so why do you do it? I just don't understand sometimes.

How does it always get called? This is the first game that was a penalty. It was not one last year
Stuff like that always gets called and we all know it. The ref is going to get fined if he doesn't throw a flag on such a hit: he dove at the knees of an unsuspecting player. I mean, I don't know why he thought he could get away with it. I just thought it was a case of common sense.

Maybe because he ..... didnt dive at his knee??? If you watch the replay he actually hits ABOVE the knee. His explanation of it makes sense, especially considering the fact that Sullivan has come out and stated he didnt think Suh did it with malicious intent.
When I watch the play I see his leg start to bend in; that is NOT how a leg is supposed to bend. That's a dangerous play regardless and if you watch any coverage on it every analyst agrees that it was wrong of him to have done that.

In the photo I posted in GDT it shows first contact was Suh right shoulde to mid thigh. The motion of both players is what carried it lower. Initial contact was FAR above knee

No, it wasn't FAR above the knee. Its impossible to block someone at thigh level and be far above the knee. As for his momentum, someone would have be dumb as a post to think you can block downward and not have momentum take out the knee.

I really dont think he was trying to block with a downward angle. When you initially see him launch, his shoulders appear as though he would have hit Sullivan right around the hip area. I could be wrong of course, but it really looks like his foot gets stepped on and causes him to go lower than he expected.

MathMan wrote:
anyone around?

I feel..so cold.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theuntouchable wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
stafford=legend wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
stafford=legend wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
stafford=legend wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
stafford=legend wrote:

I really dont think he was trying to block with a downward angle. When you initially see him launch, his shoulders appear as though he would have hit Sullivan right around the hip area. I could be wrong of course, but it really looks like his foot gets stepped on and causes him to go lower than he expected.

I understand he may have thought the outcome would be different however launching as he did gravity is going to play a role when his weight exceeds the power of his leg drive. Its one of the problems with those style blocks.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
theuntouchable

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DHLF, absolutely. Ill be one of the first to say it was dumb to begin with but I dont think it is at all dirty. If Suh wanted to go for his knees, he would have hit them considering the elite accuracy skills he displayed last season landing the "kick" to the groin. I mean if a guy can pi point nail a guy like that while rolling, I mean I have to imagine he could take a guy out at the knees if he really wanted to.(what color is sarcastic again, hahaha)

MathMan wrote:
anyone around?

I feel..so cold.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://deadspin.com/cardinals-offensive-lineman-takes-cheap-shot-at-ndamuko-1326277562

This is pathetic. That OG should be suspended. If not this will continue to happen. There is a difference between a play at live game speed and an after the play dive at a players knees.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
http://deadspin.com/cardinals-offensive-lineman-takes-cheap-shot-at-ndamuko-1326277562

This is pathetic. That OG should be suspended. If not this will continue to happen. There is a difference between a play at live game speed and an after the play dive at a players knees.

Already being downplayed in news forum as expected

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

Already being downplayed in news forum as expected

If Suh did that he would be suspended half a year. I'm sure the NFL will once again spin the wheel and see what the punishment should be, if any.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theuntouchable wrote:
DHLF, absolutely. Ill be one of the first to say it was dumb to begin with but I dont think it is at all dirty. If Suh wanted to go for his knees, he would have hit them considering the elite accuracy skills he displayed last season landing the "kick" to the groin. I mean if a guy can pi point nail a guy like that while rolling, I mean I have to imagine he could take a guy out at the knees if he really wanted to.(what color is sarcastic again, hahaha)

I don't think it was dirty just against the rules.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:

Well it was against Suh so I doubt the guard even gets fined.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

I agree. I'm actually surprised that any news reported it at all, even if it's only deadspin.

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
Awesimo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just funny, the NFL probably won't suspend or fine him which would further support my theory on Roger Goodell and the NFL. They don't care about player safety really, they just care about the perception of player safety and staying away from lawsuits in the future.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

He should get suspended just for how bad of an attempt it was to make a play at Suh's Knee. That was embarrassing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: