Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sun fined 100k
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Agree or Disagree?
Agree
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
Disagree
62%
 62%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 16

Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ok with a fine, I am not ok with the ridiculousness of the fine. This wasnt a malicious dirty play as the stomp was, which to this day is the only out of line thing Suh has done IMO. The rest were legal football plays but he is so powerful that they look worse. The hit on Cutler shouldnt have even been a penalty, the kick in the groin area last year was completely ridiculous to think he intended to do it, and so forth. Suh caught a bad reputation due to being aggressive, and its a shame that the NFL cant realize that. However the media, such as ESPN are a big reason for the bad reputation.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
stafford=legend

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
stafford=legend wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
stafford=legend wrote:
maybe he'll learn how to not do stupid things now.

If it were truly stupid maybe. I was thinking maybe he will try to block better next time he has to block as a DT in the first game with a new rule
I honestly thought it was amazingly stupid: It was one of those instances where I was watching it on T.V. (obviously) and I was simply amazed by what happened. Not amazed in a good way but amazed in a "how could you be so stupid" way. It was pretty undisciplined in my eyes. You know that type of stuff always gets called so why do you do it? I just don't understand sometimes.

How does it always get called? This is the first game that was a penalty. It was not one last year
Stuff like that always gets called and we all know it. The ref is going to get fined if he doesn't throw a flag on such a hit: he dove at the knees of an unsuspecting player. I mean, I don't know why he thought he could get away with it. I just thought it was a case of common sense.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peekin in from the Chiefs web page with an arms length, 'no dog in the fight' point of view.

First, Suh didn't 'catch' a bad reputation...he earned it. I love the guy's intensity, but along with that comes some 'awareness' of what, when, and how to play the game on a level to not hurt your team. So far everything I have heard is about Suh this, and Suh that.....how bout how he continually hurts your TEAM with is inability to control his attitude and emotions during play? The players say the have his 6, but how long can even the players put up with his INDIVIDUAL antics hurting the other 52 and their ability to win? Just askin......Not being hateful or 'stirring the pot', just a question.

$100,000. is a lot of gingle, but what would RAELLY get his attention and that of your FO, (you guys don't want to hear this), is a 2-3 game suspension. Harsh? Not for me to judge. But objectively, looking at his history, and it's HIS history, you get the feeling that paying the fine and playing on Sunday is not getting his attention. The abhorent behavior keeps rearing it's ugly head. When the TEAM gets hurt on Sunday, maybe the powers to be will do something. Right now Suh is the ONLY one getting hurt from this, and it apparently isn't making an impression on him. The behavior continues. When will be the 'next time', and how will it hurt your team.

Does it seem like he's being looked at more closely....ABSOLUTELY, and why not. He has a history and that history draws attention to him. That's pretty simple to understand. He is a force enough without the antics. He could be a positive in the locker room, but behind his back, you have to believe the players are asking why he continually puts THEM in a bad position on Sunday.

Hey, I wish he was a Chief with the kind of GOOD play he brings, but not when he hurts the total team effort with his play.

I'll slide on back to my site now, and please don't take this as trolling or any attempt to boil the pot. Thanks for letting me give you my 'no dog in the fight' objective opinion. Good luck Sunday.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmydee wrote:
Peekin in from the Chiefs web page with an arms length, 'no dog in the fight' point of view.

First, Suh didn't 'catch' a bad reputation...he earned it. I love the guy's intensity, but along with that comes some 'awareness' of what, when, and how to play the game on a level to not hurt your team. So far everything I have heard is about Suh this, and Suh that.....how bout how he continually hurts your TEAM with is inability to control his attitude and emotions during play? The players say the have his 6, but how long can even the players put up with his INDIVIDUAL antics hurting the other 52 and their ability to win? Just askin......Not being hateful or 'stirring the pot', just a question.

$100,000. is a lot of gingle, but what would RAELLY get his attention and that of your FO, (you guys don't want to hear this), is a 2-3 game suspension. Harsh? Not for me to judge. But objectively, looking at his history, and it's HIS history, you get the feeling that paying the fine and playing on Sunday is not getting his attention. The abhorent behavior keeps rearing it's ugly head. When the TEAM gets hurt on Sunday, maybe the powers to be will do something. Right now Suh is the ONLY one getting hurt from this, and it apparently isn't making an impression on him. The behavior continues. When will be the 'next time', and how will it hurt your team.

Does it seem like he's being looked at more closely....ABSOLUTELY, and why not. He has a history and that history draws attention to him. That's pretty simple to understand. He is a force enough without the antics. He could be a positive in the locker room, but behind his back, you have to believe the players are asking why he continually puts THEM in a bad position on Sunday.

Hey, I wish he was a Chief with the kind of GOOD play he brings, but not when he hurts the total team effort with his play.

I'll slide on back to my site now, and please don't take this as trolling or any attempt to boil the pot. Thanks for letting me give you my 'no dog in the fight' objective opinion. Good luck Sunday.

I disagree on the reputation. He got it by aggresively tackling QB's, legaly, and the stomp escalated it. His stomp was bad, but many players have done bad such as Finnegan/Andre fighting, Woodson punch, Mathews late hit.... But given that Suh has violently, yet legaly hit QB's, he is deemed a goon. Its unfortunate when his play hurts the team such as the block the other day, but his play the rest of the time greatly helps. Also many times his play has hurt the team it has been a bogus call due to reputation (Cutler tackle). I am sure Fairley was glad to see Suh get 3 blockers leaving him a free run at Ponder last week and I am sure the team will have his back as long as he keeps that up or makes a play himself (hitting Cutlers arm causing the Tulloch INT).

Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmydee wrote:

Saying you have no dog in this fight doesn't make it true it seems. Looks like you are clearly a Suh hater if you think he has truly earned this reputation. At the very least half of his fines should have never resulted in fines at all and some shouldn't have been penalties. Other defensive players have just as much if not more legitimate history than Suh does and none are even in the lab let alone under the microscope like he is.

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
theuntouchable

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stafford=legend wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
stafford=legend wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
stafford=legend wrote:

If it were truly stupid maybe. I was thinking maybe he will try to block better next time he has to block as a DT in the first game with a new rule
I honestly thought it was amazingly stupid: It was one of those instances where I was watching it on T.V. (obviously) and I was simply amazed by what happened. Not amazed in a good way but amazed in a "how could you be so stupid" way. It was pretty undisciplined in my eyes. You know that type of stuff always gets called so why do you do it? I just don't understand sometimes.

How does it always get called? This is the first game that was a penalty. It was not one last year
Stuff like that always gets called and we all know it. The ref is going to get fined if he doesn't throw a flag on such a hit: he dove at the knees of an unsuspecting player. I mean, I don't know why he thought he could get away with it. I just thought it was a case of common sense.

Maybe because he ..... didnt dive at his knee??? If you watch the replay he actually hits ABOVE the knee. His explanation of it makes sense, especially considering the fact that Sullivan has come out and stated he didnt think Suh did it with malicious intent.

MathMan wrote:
anyone around?

I feel..so cold.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People speaking on this subject have very little knowledge on it. It is proven over and over. I simply stated Suh 2 game suspension< 100000 and get told I am wrong.

Awesomeness.

That is my issue. People should have ALL THE INFO before they act like they know what is going on with it

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And NO, I am absolutely NOT a Suh hater, just the opposite. Love his talent and intensity. BIG, big Nebraska fan and fan of Suh. And again..l wish he was a Chief. For real.

But, If the fines aren't legit then why haven't they been over turned in appeal. In the NFL, there is a process that has been agreed to by both sides. Live within that parameter, or suffer (pay) the consequences. It's simple but not easy. Just like life....there are rules. Don't follow them and you get held accountable with consequences if you don't show some responsibility. Not preaching morality to any body, just stating facts.

Honestly....with some of you guys, it's like ...."look there's a parade and Suh is the only one in step." Really???? And there are PLENTY of guys that play with his same intensity that DON'T get the reputation he has earned.
jimmydee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Nnivoclm, your are quite correct. Not having a 'dog in the fight' doesn't make it true...but it does make it objective.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmydee wrote:
And NO, I am absolutely NOT a Suh hater, just the opposite. Love his talent and intensity. BIG, big Nebraska fan and fan of Suh. And again..l wish he was a Chief. For real.

But, If the fines aren't legit then why haven't they been over turned in appeal. In the NFL, there is a process that has been agreed to by both sides. Live within that parameter, or suffer (pay) the consequences. It's simple but not easy. Just like life....there are rules. Don't follow them and you get held accountable with consequences if you don't show some responsibility. Not preaching morality to any body, just stating facts.

Honestly....with some of you guys, it's like ...."look there's a parade and Suh is the only one in step." Really???? And there are PLENTY of guys that play with his same intensity that DON'T get the reputation he has earned.

The NFL appeals process is a joke. You appeal to the same people who gave you the fine/suspension and it is not an unbiased process. Hence why nearly no appeals are won.

Also, there arent many that play with the aggressivness and power that Suh does. The only one I can think of is James Harrison who also has that undeserved reputation. He got fined for helmet to helmet hits when the WR dropped to his level just as being hit. But since the hit is powerful, it looks worse than it is and the player is often hurt, which is why they fine/suspend.

Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmydee wrote:
And Nnivoclm, your are quite correct. Not having a 'dog in the fight' doesn't make it true...but it does make it objective.

Unless it isn't true, and you clearly have preconceived notions about Suh. I say clearly because if you had seen the fine he got for hitting Cutler, you wouldn't say it was deserved.

I'm betting that if next Sunday, someone comes up to you and says something about Suh having another dirty play, your first thought would be I hope they suspend him. Even without actually seeing the play at all.

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
stafford=legend

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theuntouchable wrote:
stafford=legend wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
stafford=legend wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
stafford=legend wrote:

Maybe because he ..... didnt dive at his knee??? If you watch the replay he actually hits ABOVE the knee. His explanation of it makes sense, especially considering the fact that Sullivan has come out and stated he didnt think Suh did it with malicious intent.
When I watch the play I see his leg start to bend in; that is NOT how a leg is supposed to bend. That's a dangerous play regardless and if you watch any coverage on it every analyst agrees that it was wrong of him to have done that.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stafford=legend wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
stafford=legend wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
stafford=legend wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
stafford=legend wrote:

When I watch the play I see his leg start to bend in; that is NOT how a leg is supposed to bend. That's a dangerous play regardless and if you watch any coverage on it every analyst agrees that it was wrong of him to have done that.

In the photo I posted in GDT it shows first contact was Suh right shoulde to mid thigh. The motion of both players is what carried it lower. Initial contact was FAR above knee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fine with a fine, just not this fine. IMO dangerous play, I understand why they changed the rule, but they did just change the rule.

Why is a late hit not fined this much? Those are clear intent to injure and much worse. Suh got a flag for it, cost the team a TD, and he understands the ramifications of it and a legit fine would have been acceptable not this absurd amount.

All these "analysts" as well never seem to mention the fact that this is a new rule. "He's a thug" or "He's got no respect" are all I hear from analysts, which is pretty outlandish. That said I wish he would've just taken the fine and moved on because it's a distraction to the team.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesimo wrote:
I'm fine with a fine, just not this fine. IMO dangerous play, I understand why they changed the rule, but they did just change the rule.

Why is a late hit not fined this much? Those are clear intent to injure and much worse. Suh got a flag for it, cost the team a TD, and he understands the ramifications of it and a legit fine would have been acceptable not this absurd amount.

All these "analysts" as well never seem to mention the fact that this is a new rule. "He's a thug" or "He's got no respect" are all I hear from analysts, which is pretty outlandish. That said I wish he would've just taken the fine and moved on because it's a distraction to the team.

Still haven't seen if Clay Matthews got fined after basically announcing he was targeting and then hit Kap late

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: