Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sun fined 100k
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Agree or Disagree?
Agree
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
Disagree
62%
 62%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 16

Author Message
wi7son


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 1452
Location: Howell, MI
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Sun fined 100k Reply with quote

Not sure i agree with this, the rule is pretty sketchy reminds me of the reception rule.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 7450
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Sun fined 100k Reply with quote

wi7son wrote:
Not sure i agree with this, the rule is pretty sketchy reminds me of the reception rule.


I'm fine with a fine, it was a stupid and dangerous play, but not even Sullivan thinks there was intent to injure. Glad the mob of screaming haters didn't get their way with a suspension
_________________
George Carlin wrote:
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.


Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Montana badboy


Joined: 14 Sep 2008
Posts: 883
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Sun fined 100k Reply with quote

wi7son wrote:
Not sure i agree with this, the rule is pretty sketchy reminds me of the reception rule.


As long as it didn't cost him any games, whatever I guess. I don't understand how this is so dirty?!? He was being aggressive, yes it was a penalty, yes it cost us a touchdown, end of story. Whatever, as long as we keep winning, I don't care.
_________________



[quote="LionsFTW"]I would throw my $1300 50 inch plasma in the garbage if we drafted Fairley.[quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1King


Moderator
Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 31459
Location: daboyle250 on the sig.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine with the fine.


Hehehe, get it?


*Serious Face*

It is a play that is now against the rules and is deemed worthy of a fine, so be it.
_________________


El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.


candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome


TEAM STYLISH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DetroitPride26


Joined: 25 Nov 2011
Posts: 1502
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to move on from this...nuf said
_________________
Lions 2014: To A Better Year!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wi7son


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 1452
Location: Howell, MI
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is he is being targeted. I don't think any other player gets 100k fine for that block other then a handfull. Mathews to name 1.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
thenoilif


Joined: 01 Feb 2013
Posts: 343
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wi7son wrote:
The problem is he is being targeted. I don't think any other player gets 100k fine for that block other then a handfull. Mathews to name 1.


Of course he's being targeted. He has a history and he's a big name.
Unfortunately for Suh his style of play doesn't fit the NEW safer NFL and he and the team will continue to be dogged by stuff like this.
For me, I like his game and I hope he can keep up his intensity and not allow this type of stuff to soften his game. He has become less tenacious since his rookie season and I think all of these fines and penalties are the cause.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 47233
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 100000 was more cost to him compared to two games. Two games pay less than that

Talked about it in several articles
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
X_Factor_40


Moderator
Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 18154
Location: Hockeytown
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suh's salary this season is $630,000 after he restructured to put the fine into perspective.

Quote:
After restructuring his contract, Suh's game checks this season are $37,058, so the fine will cost him more than a two-game suspension.


From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130910/SPORTS0101/309100104#ixzz2eZDfL6bz

[url]Willie Young said...[/url]

Quote:
Lions defensive end Willie Young said he and the rest of the defensive linemen will help Suh pay the hefty fine, though the NFL doesn't allow that.

"We're in this together," Young said. "It's one name on everybody's back in that room."

_________________


Team Stylish313
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
X_Factor_40


Moderator
Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 18154
Location: Hockeytown
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suh's salary this season is $630,000 after he restructured to put the fine into perspective.

Quote:
After restructuring his contract, Suh's game checks this season are $37,058, so the fine will cost him more than a two-game suspension.


From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130910/SPORTS0101/309100104#ixzz2eZDfL6bz

[url]Willie Young said...[/url]

Quote:
Lions defensive end Willie Young said he and the rest of the defensive linemen will help Suh pay the hefty fine, though the NFL doesn't allow that.

"We're in this together," Young said. "It's one name on everybody's back in that room."

_________________


Team Stylish313
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
X_Factor_40


Moderator
Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 18154
Location: Hockeytown
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suh's salary this season is $630,000 after he restructured to put the fine into perspective.

Quote:
After restructuring his contract, Suh's game checks this season are $37,058, so the fine will cost him more than a two-game suspension.



Willie Young said...

Quote:
Lions defensive end Willie Young said he and the rest of the defensive linemen will help Suh pay the hefty fine, though the NFL doesn't allow that.

"We're in this together," Young said. "It's one name on everybody's back in that room."

_________________


Team Stylish313
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
stafford=legend


Joined: 01 Jul 2013
Posts: 669
Location: Detroit, Michigan
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe he'll learn how to not do stupid things now.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 47233
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stafford=legend wrote:
maybe he'll learn how to not do stupid things now.


If it were truly stupid maybe. I was thinking maybe he will try to block better next time he has to block as a DT in the first game with a new rule
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stafford=legend


Joined: 01 Jul 2013
Posts: 669
Location: Detroit, Michigan
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
stafford=legend wrote:
maybe he'll learn how to not do stupid things now.


If it were truly stupid maybe. I was thinking maybe he will try to block better next time he has to block as a DT in the first game with a new rule
I honestly thought it was amazingly stupid: It was one of those instances where I was watching it on T.V. (obviously) and I was simply amazed by what happened. Not amazed in a good way but amazed in a "how could you be so stupid" way. It was pretty undisciplined in my eyes. You know that type of stuff always gets called so why do you do it? I just don't understand sometimes.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 47233
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stafford=legend wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
stafford=legend wrote:
maybe he'll learn how to not do stupid things now.


If it were truly stupid maybe. I was thinking maybe he will try to block better next time he has to block as a DT in the first game with a new rule
I honestly thought it was amazingly stupid: It was one of those instances where I was watching it on T.V. (obviously) and I was simply amazed by what happened. Not amazed in a good way but amazed in a "how could you be so stupid" way. It was pretty undisciplined in my eyes. You know that type of stuff always gets called so why do you do it? I just don't understand sometimes.


How does it always get called? This is the first game that was a penalty. It was not one last year
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group