Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sun fined 100k
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Agree or Disagree?
Agree
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
Disagree
62%
 62%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 16

wi7son

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Sun fined 100k Reply with quote

Not sure i agree with this, the rule is pretty sketchy reminds me of the reception rule.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Sun fined 100k Reply with quote

wi7son wrote:
Not sure i agree with this, the rule is pretty sketchy reminds me of the reception rule.

I'm fine with a fine, it was a stupid and dangerous play, but not even Sullivan thinks there was intent to injure. Glad the mob of screaming haters didn't get their way with a suspension

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
Montana badboy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Sun fined 100k Reply with quote

wi7son wrote:

As long as it didn't cost him any games, whatever I guess. I don't understand how this is so dirty?!? He was being aggressive, yes it was a penalty, yes it cost us a touchdown, end of story. Whatever, as long as we keep winning, I don't care.

[quote="LionsFTW"]I would throw my $1300 50 inch plasma in the garbage if we drafted Fairley.[quote]
1King

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine with the fine.

Hehehe, get it?

*Serious Face*

It is a play that is now against the rules and is deemed worthy of a fine, so be it.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to move on from this...nuf said
wi7son

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is he is being targeted. I don't think any other player gets 100k fine for that block other then a handfull. Mathews to name 1.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wi7son wrote:
The problem is he is being targeted. I don't think any other player gets 100k fine for that block other then a handfull. Mathews to name 1.

Of course he's being targeted. He has a history and he's a big name.
Unfortunately for Suh his style of play doesn't fit the NEW safer NFL and he and the team will continue to be dogged by stuff like this.
For me, I like his game and I hope he can keep up his intensity and not allow this type of stuff to soften his game. He has become less tenacious since his rookie season and I think all of these fines and penalties are the cause.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 100000 was more cost to him compared to two games. Two games pay less than that

Talked about it in several articles

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suh's salary this season is $630,000 after he restructured to put the fine into perspective.

Quote:
After restructuring his contract, Suh's game checks this season are $37,058, so the fine will cost him more than a two-game suspension.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130910/SPORTS0101/309100104#ixzz2eZDfL6bz

[url]Willie Young said...[/url]

Quote:
Lions defensive end Willie Young said he and the rest of the defensive linemen will help Suh pay the hefty fine, though the NFL doesn't allow that.

"We're in this together," Young said. "It's one name on everybody's back in that room."

Team Stylish313
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suh's salary this season is $630,000 after he restructured to put the fine into perspective.

Quote:
After restructuring his contract, Suh's game checks this season are $37,058, so the fine will cost him more than a two-game suspension.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130910/SPORTS0101/309100104#ixzz2eZDfL6bz

[url]Willie Young said...[/url]

Quote:
Lions defensive end Willie Young said he and the rest of the defensive linemen will help Suh pay the hefty fine, though the NFL doesn't allow that.

"We're in this together," Young said. "It's one name on everybody's back in that room."

Team Stylish313
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Willie Young said...

Quote:

Team Stylish313
stafford=legend

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe he'll learn how to not do stupid things now.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stafford=legend wrote:

If it were truly stupid maybe. I was thinking maybe he will try to block better next time he has to block as a DT in the first game with a new rule

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
stafford=legend wrote:

If it were truly stupid maybe. I was thinking maybe he will try to block better next time he has to block as a DT in the first game with a new rule
I honestly thought it was amazingly stupid: It was one of those instances where I was watching it on T.V. (obviously) and I was simply amazed by what happened. Not amazed in a good way but amazed in a "how could you be so stupid" way. It was pretty undisciplined in my eyes. You know that type of stuff always gets called so why do you do it? I just don't understand sometimes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stafford=legend wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
stafford=legend wrote:

I honestly thought it was amazingly stupid: It was one of those instances where I was watching it on T.V. (obviously) and I was simply amazed by what happened. Not amazed in a good way but amazed in a "how could you be so stupid" way. It was pretty undisciplined in my eyes. You know that type of stuff always gets called so why do you do it? I just don't understand sometimes.

How does it always get called? This is the first game that was a penalty. It was not one last year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: