Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Conspiracy Theory
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Why didn't the FO plug obvious holes?
They were content to get their D front seven in place
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
They don't expect to win, didn't want to worsen our draft position
27%
 27%  [ 6 ]
They believe/know Weeden isn't the solution and want to conserve assets
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
They are complete idiots and believe the Browns can win with the players they have
22%
 22%  [ 5 ]
Some other reason and here is what it is:
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 22

NickZambo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
Pretty sure week 2 should yield different results and a change of opinion.

Sooo Haden is going to lock down Torrey Smith. Aaaaand Jacoby Jones is hurt, so in essence BAL doesnt have a solid WR #2 to my knowledge (unless you consider Brandon Stokely or Marlon Brown 'solid').

My point, Skrine or Owens should be able to play alright this week against an injured/depth lacking BAL WR corps. Lets just hope McFadden improves his game as the season goes on to get onto the field.

It'll be nice, lets hope they do play up to the level of Brandon Stockley and Marlon Brown, otherwise we will be in trouble.

The worry with Baltimore will be stopping Ray Rice out of the backfield in space, and containing Dennis Pita

Dennis Pitta is out for the year

Pow, LBs just got better.

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
NickZambo wrote:

Sooo Haden is going to lock down Torrey Smith. Aaaaand Jacoby Jones is hurt, so in essence BAL doesnt have a solid WR #2 to my knowledge (unless you consider Brandon Stokely or Marlon Brown 'solid').

My point, Skrine or Owens should be able to play alright this week against an injured/depth lacking BAL WR corps. Lets just hope McFadden improves his game as the season goes on to get onto the field.

It'll be nice, lets hope they do play up to the level of Brandon Stockley and Marlon Brown, otherwise we will be in trouble.

The worry with Baltimore will be stopping Ray Rice out of the backfield in space, and containing Dennis Pita

Dallas Clark had a pretty good first game for them.

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
pmk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
NickZambo wrote:

He didn't look like the Dallas Clark of old though, found some gaps here and there but also struggled to get separation and had 2 terrible drops (one right on the goalline). Not too worried about him. If Haden can lock down Smith and the line can get some pressure they should be good against the ravens passing D.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EZ-

Just want to say that I wasn't criticizing your moderating job -- you do a better job than I could.

I just wish more people would talk about football and football points. Like many have done in this thread.

I believe our issues of disagreement regarding this topic have hit an impasse that neither of us is willing to cross.

I respect your opinion, but stand by my strong objection to the degree with which you fault the FO for not getting a better option at #2 CB.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
EZ-

Just want to say that I wasn't criticizing your moderating job -- you do a better job than I could.

I just wish more people would talk about football and football points. Like many have done in this thread.

I believe our issues of disagreement regarding this topic have hit an impasse that neither of us is willing to cross.

I respect your opinion, but stand by my strong objection to the degree with which you fault the FO for not getting a better option at #2 CB.

All fair enough. Now lets look forward to Owens shutting down Baltimore and getting this season back on the right path

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
NickZambo wrote:

Dallas Clark is a great TE

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
mtmmike

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
EZ-

entropy having posted against everything I wrote YOU show a lack of football IQ.
THE browns should have had talib out there for 4th a round pick you will never admit it so stop posting like you are a creditable source.
mtmmike

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Conspiracy Theory Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
It's no secret that I tend to see things within things. I called "The Big" a big piece of khara from day one, and he pretty much proved this true through his fail tenure with the Browns.

Let's try this on for size:

Everyone -- all of us, at least -- knew we had big holes at G, CB and arguably S.

The FO had lots of cap space to play with.

There were serviceable (read: Better than Cousins, Skrine and Gipson) players out there to be had. Hell, there almost certainly was talent better than Cousins when we drafted and, for that matter, Gilkey or any large, warm body arguably is better than Cousins.

But the FO didn't use the cap space to plug obvious holes.

Why not, particularly in light of the G and CB contributions to our opening day loss?
bruce WHERE WERE you when I said draft warmack
show some foresight or shut up and learn .
Entropy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtmmike wrote:
Entropy wrote:
EZ-

entropy having posted against everything I wrote YOU show a lack of football IQ.
THE browns should have had talib out there for 4th a round pick you will never admit it so stop posting like you are a creditable source.

1. Speak English please

1. what?

1. what?

1. I don't recall a discussion with you about talib---what?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Conspiracy Theory Reply with quote

mtmmike wrote:
bruceb wrote:
It's no secret that I tend to see things within things. I called "The Big" a big piece of khara from day one, and he pretty much proved this true through his fail tenure with the Browns.

Everyone -- all of us, at least -- knew we had big holes at G, CB and arguably S.

There were serviceable (read: Better than Cousins, Skrine and Gipson) players out there to be had. Hell, there almost certainly was talent better than Cousins when we drafted and, for that matter, Gilkey or any large, warm body arguably is better than Cousins.

Why not, particularly in light of the G and CB contributions to our opening day loss?

Hello?

That's uncalled for.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Conspiracy Theory Reply with quote

mtmmike wrote:
bruceb wrote:

Huh?
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtmmike wrote:
Entropy wrote:
EZ-

I think I'm the guy you're looking for when it comes to the Talib thing. I made it perfectly clear that Heckert was calling the shots when Talib was on the trade block, not anyone from this regime. You can't blame this regime for not trading for Talib, they weren't running the show at the time.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Conspiracy Theory Reply with quote

mtmmike wrote:

mtmmike wrote:

mtmmike, this is a warning. This is not contributing to the thread is and is just personal attacks that are not ok in this forum.

Please try and be more constructive and reasonable in your responses in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread looks like something that i dropped in the toilet this morning.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Entropy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As one of the advocates for drafting Milliner, I wonder how some would have reacted if the Browns had drafted him and then THIS happened.

Quote:
Rookie cornerback Dee Milliner, who the New York Jets hope will take over the Island formerly named after Darrelle Revis, was benched during Thursday's 13-10 loss to the New England Patriots after a series of miscues and miscommunications.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000243577/article/rex-ryan-benches-rookie-cb-dee-milliner-in-jets-loss

Would we be willing to be patient while he developed, or would we be clamoring for firings in the FO for drafting a 1st round guy that gets benched early in the season for poor play?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: