Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Just some observations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LFOX21

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Just some observations Reply with quote

I noticed kevin reed was pretty involved in the offense and he looked great, he looks like he could replace Davis next year or possibly this season

I know we have some room under the cap now but does anyone know if Winston is available, our right side of the line looked horrible last night

Our secondary also looked horrible in the first half Rambo had a few tackles but him and biggers seemed to miss quite a few, if Rhodes is available in FA then I would pursue him, or even Jackson if he can reinstated

Bright spots

I'm hoping hankerson can become our number two he had a great game

Morgan was tough with yards after catch

Rg3 second half was great he needed a few series in the last preseason game IMO

Kerrigan- he's just a beast

problems

Pass protection didn't look all too well

Running game, I thought he'll did we'll but I expect more from Morris this week

Secondary same problems as last year

Tackling has to improve

Rg3 needs to be calm and step into throws

Turnovers RG3 doesn't throw INTs, Morris doesn't fumble, and forbath doesn't miss kicks, I think last night was just a fluke
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Just some observations Reply with quote

LFOX21 wrote:
I noticed kevin reed was pretty involved in the offense and he looked great, he looks like he could replace Davis next year or possibly this season
Jordan Reed?

Yes, he looked good I'm very glad to be wrong in my prediction of him for this season. He almost hit my prediction for his season week 1. I love it! Cool

Quote:
I know we have some room under the cap now but does anyone know if Winston is available, our right side of the line looked horrible last night
he signed with the AZ Cardinals

Quote:
Our secondary also looked horrible in the first half Rambo had a few tackles but him and biggers seemed to miss quite a few, if Rhodes is available in FA then I would pursue him, or even Jackson if he can reinstated
from what I know with the Rhodes situation, I doubt he plays football again, but I'd definitely welcome that signing.

Quote:
Bright spots

I'm hoping Hankerson can become our number two he had a great game

Morgan was tough with yards after catch

Rg3 second half was great he needed a few series in the last preseason game IMO

Kerrigan- he's just a beast
I'd add Perry Riley as well. An x poster was always down on Riley for some reason he could never explain (I think it was his intelligence) but Riley is one of the best run defending ILBs in the NFL and he's an excellent "A" gap blitzer. I wish Haz would have blitzed him more last night, they never checked him.

problems

Quote:
Pass protection didn't look all too well

Running game, I thought he'll did we'll but I expect more from Morris this week

Secondary same problems as last year

Tackling has to improve

Rg3 needs to be calm and step into throws

Turnovers RG3 doesn't throw INTs, Morris doesn't fumble, and forbath doesn't miss kicks, I think last night was just a fluke
I agree. I expect us to be better next week. We needed some humble pie and I hope this is a wake up call to our young offense that things don't just happen because you talk a good game- YOU GOTTA MAKE IT HAPPEN!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's gonna be in the starting secondary this week?

Morgan Burnett is back at practice this week, he was out vs. the Niners and our safeties were turrrrrrrrible. Casey Hayward probably out another 3+ games.

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:

Morgan Burnett is back at practice this week, he was out vs. the Niners and our safeties were turrrrrrrrible. Casey Hayward probably out another 3+ games.
Last week our starting Defense was a nickle set with Cofield, Bowen, Orakpo, and Kerrigan as down lineman and Riley/Fletcher as the two linebackers. Our starting secondary was Hall, Wilson and Amerson at corner with Rambo and Doughty at safety. However, Doughty did not play a lot and we put Biggers in his spot at safety.

Meriweather will start in place of Doughty/Biggers if he's healthy, although he wasn't last week. Also if we start our normal base defense I don't know which corner would come off the field. My guess at this point would be Hall and Amerson would stay out there with Wilson coming in on passing downs.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 9 tackles
Jordan Reed - 1 catch, 4 rec yards, 1 bum hamstring
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:

Just to build on what Mknight was saying. Meriweather is expected to start at SS.

So, I think we might go with a nickel D again- which we shouldn't have vs Philly because they ran it down our throats all game.

I'd say we go with the 4 man front again:

RDE/ROLB- Orakpo
DT- Bowen
DT- Cofield
LDE/LoLB- Kerrigan

LB: Fletcher
LB: Riley

RCB:Amerson
LCB: Hall
Slot: Josh Wilson

SS: Meriweather
FS: Rambo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: