Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs vs Eagles (WE ARE FINALLY HERE!!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ForteOz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the win and the 3-0 record, you guys earned it.

Don't let the haters come in here and crap all over it, 3-0 is no small feat.

I'm glad to see someone in the AFC West stepping up to have some competition with Denver for the division. Keep it up!
Cutler06

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too will offer congrats on the win, it was a good fought game. I was impressed with your defense, especially Houston. Stepped up against a better offense (although I not sure how good the Iggles are, seems they're gonna be the AFCW beotch this year) and performed like a Pro Bowl player . Nice to see the Broncos will have some sort of competition this year in the West.....

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
I too will offer congrats on the win, it was a good fought game. I was impressed with your defense, especially Houston. Stepped up against a better offense (although I not sure how good the Iggles are, seems they're gonna be the AFCW beotch this year) and performed like a Pro Bowl player . Nice to see the Broncos will have some sort of competition this year in the West.....

I'm saving this post to my hard drive. I can't believe you of all people are paying respect to us.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:

I'm saving this post to my hard drive. I can't believe you of all people are paying respect to us.

The Defense looked good, can't say I was impressed with the offense, especially how bad the Eagles defense looked. However, I did think your D put the wraps on what had been a good offense the previous two weeks. I do try to give props where they are earned....but I do put things into perspective too. Your opponents so far are a total of 2-7 and I can see the Jags as the worst team in the NFL, the Eagles finishing last in their division and the Cowgirls 3rd...but the Broncos will be playing the last two, so I can't complain much.

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
Your opponents so far are a total of 2-7 and I can see the Jags as the worst team in the NFL, the Eagles finishing last in their division and the Cowgirls 3rd...but the Broncos will be playing the last two, so I can't complain much.

2-3, since you should not count the games between. Dallas is 1-0, plus the Chiefs game. Philly is 1-1, Jacksonville is 0-2. How you get 2-7 is a mystery, since they have only played 7 games.

Dallas wins that division They have the only thing resembling a decent defense. The Giants and Eagles can beat each other up over 2nd. Washington brings up the rear. Jacksonville can score on that defense.

J

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and finally, my quick hits:

Arrow When Andy walked onto the field, he had a chip on his shoulder.
Arrow Surprisingly, he didn't eat it.
Arrow Instead, his defense did.
Arrow That means two things.
Arrow Fisher, once again, flat out got abused by Fletcher Cox on a few plays, but there were about 8 other times where Cedric Thornton was the one pwning him. Fisher seemed to settle down in the 2nd half and started anchoring much better, but his leverage and sloppy footwork are still easily his two biggest areas in need of improvement. So far, he's playing much worse than Branden Albert did as a rookie. He can't handle a bull rush to save his life since his leverage is so bad right now.
Arrow Jon Asamoah had one play where he was beaten badly at the beginning of the game, but aside from that, he was a straight beast this week. Great movement on running plays, great in pass protection.
Arrow Jeff Allen still sucks. Unlike previous weeks, though, he actually had a few good plays this week. He had some really nice 2nd level blocks on linebackers that sprung Charles for longer gains. So I guess I don't hate him this week. It's more like a simmering dislike that's one sack away from boiling right back up into disgust.
Arrow One thing's for sure; Geoff Schwartz sucks in the run game still. Decent in pass protection, but horrid in the run game.
Arrow Rodney Hudson is easily our most consistent lineman. Through 3 games, I still haven't seen him mess up in any way. He's really been impressing me.
Arrow Any team who has a player of Shady McCoy's caliber is at an unfair advantage. He reminds me so much of Gale Sayers. Crazy agile, lighting quick and wicked smart. I've had a man crush on him for a while, but this game just made it worse.
Arrow DAT. BEARD.
Arrow Brock=suck.
Arrow Alex made a couple bad reads and showed hesitance this week. he was also guilty of staring down his receivers on almost every play. I only saw him look off coverage twice. Granted, with Fisher sucking so bad, he was constantly under pressure, but still. I really, really hope Andy spends a ton of time with Alex over this "mini-bye week" and fixes those issues. No way in hell we're ever gonna move the ball against a playoff caliber defense if he's doing crap like this every week. Embarrassing performance by Alex this week.
Arrow Andy ripped into Charles after a 3rd down play where he just lightly jogged into a pile instead of trying to move the pile or bouncing to the outside (where there was room for at least another 3 or 4 yards) and it was fully deserved. He was being lazy and as a result, we had to punt the very next play. From that point on, he was running hard, his feet never stopped moving, he was setting up his blocks better and he even got more aggressive in pass protection. After Andy ripped into him on the sideline, he had one hell of a game. Prior to that, he was pretty unimpressive.
Arrow Donnie. Freakin' Avery. Dayum. Great route running, great vision after the catch, great speed, agility and short area quickness and he doesn't go down with arm tackles. He was literally about an inch away from breaking a 70ish yard play down the left sideline in the 3rd quarter I think. Hopefully, his success this week will open up D-Bo a bit more next week against the Giants.
Arrow Tyson Jackson is a bad, bad man. He got a holding penalty called, but there were two other plays where he was held pretty blatantly too that weren't called. He had a hell of a game this week.
Arrow Poe continued his dominance for the most part, but this was the first time I've seen him get sloppy. I'm not sure if he was winded, just got lazy or if Evan Mathis is just that damn good, but most of Shady's 5+ yard runs were a direct result of Poe getting sealed outside and Shady setting up the blocks extremely well.
Arrow From what I saw on tape, Evan Mathis is among the best guards in the NFL, especially blocking in space. He's a technician, but with enough power to execute any assignment he was given this week. He really impressed me.
Arrow Vinny Curry is gonna be special. He was giving Fisher fits (I know, not saying much), but I only counted 12 snaps where he was in the game and he beat Fisher on 4 of those snaps, one of which resulted in a sack.
Arrow Eric Berry played like the top 3 safety I've been claiming him to be. Great in coverage, excellent open field tackler, electric once he gets the ball in his hands and an emotional leader on the field. He literally lined up everywhere tonight. At corner, in the box as a LB, in a 3 point stance on the DL once, safety...the only thing he wasn't asked to do was play a 0-5 technique. He truly is a jack of all trades.
Arrow Flowers is TOUGH. DJax got the best of him and beat him deep at least 3 times (coaches film isn't available yet), but the fact that Vick wasn't confident enough to test him more than he did speaks volumes about how good his coverage was on the other plays.
Arrow Sean Smith had a really good game as well.
Arrow Houston? He's a problem.
Arrow Tamba was neutralized much more than Chiefs fans are accustomed to seeing by Peters. Tamba still beat him about 10 times, but was only able to turn those into 1 total sack. There was one specific play that Peters had a ridiculously blatant hold against him and it wasn't called.
Arrow Nate Allen is horrid in coverage. He's pretty damn good against the run from what I could tell, but is oh-so-bad in space.
Arrow The Chiefs' strategy for the entire 1st half on defense was for everyone except Poe to play QB contain. If Poe was able to push the pocket at all or Vick started scanning the field, our rushers would then try to apply pressure. But, the focus in the first half on defense was primarily to keep Vick in the pocket, plan close man coverage and take our chances against Shady on the ground.
Arrow In the 2nd half, we only sent more than 4 rushers on a small handful of plays. Instead, we let Poe, Houston and Tamba loose to rush the passer on almost every snap. If we got caught in that rush by the Eagles running the ball, we were playing contain again, forcing the run to go between the tackles. For the most part, it ended up being a good strategy in limiting the passing game and draining the clock, but obviously, it resulted in quite a bit a yardage in the end. I liked this strategy, personally.
Arrow Toub seems to have our special teams back to playing like they were in week 4 of the preseason. To that, I say "hells yeah!"
Arrow Reid's playcalling in the red zone was flat out awful. That's about all I'm gonna say here.
Arrow Knile Davis impressed me on all but one play where he should've bounced it to the outside and if he did, he probably would've had a TD. No one out there at all on that snap.
Arrow Riley Cooper, you suck. Fursrsly. I bet Iggles fans can't wait to get Maclin back. Avant was the only receiver who showed up for this game aside from Avery. Maybe there's some sort of correlation or conspiracy that involves the first 2 letters of their last names? Great. Now I'm gonna have to start wearing my tin foil hat again. Ugh. Seriously, though, I have no idea where their performances came from, but they were both impressive.

Oh. I guess that would explain it.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
simonwayne

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisher having this type of game will be good for his development. The coaches should have a lot to work on with him these next 10 days.

Also agree with you Ryk on Reid's redzone play calling being horrible. That read option play to McCluster or whatever that was, right after the botched PR, that had me facepalming like none other.

Also, does anyone else think we should permanently start Geoff Schwartz in Jeff Allens place?
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
Fisher having this type of game will be good for his development. The coaches should have a lot to work on with him these next 10 days.

I really hope you're right because the Giants' DL will eat him alive unless he makes a big step forward in footwork and leverage.

simonwayne wrote:
Also, does anyone else think we should permanently start Geoff Schwartz in Jeff Allens place?

Nope. Schwartz is definitely better in pass protection, but Schwartz is horrible in the run game. If O-lines weren't so dependent on communication and being familiar with the guy next to you, I'd say to rotate them out with run/pass plays, but that's not the case.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:

Also agree with you Ryk on Reid's redzone play calling being horrible. That read option play to McCluster or whatever that was, right after the botched PR, that had me facepalming like none other.

Schwartz was no better overall than Allen. Maybe better as a pass protector, but definitely not at RB. Two plays I saw him block no one, when he could have. At least Allen has upside in the talent department, but either way, we should be looking to draft yet another OG in next years draft.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
simonwayne wrote:

I really hope you're right because the Giants' DL will eat him alive unless he makes a big step forward in footwork and leverage.

Giants DL is nothing special anymore. Hasn't been in awhile. It's not just JPP and no one. And JPP is inconsistent as is. 2 sacks as a team in two games. They worry me less than Philly's rush did, and that was not a lot.

I want Fisher back at LT, personally. Some of his footwork to me looks like some basic confusion that can come from opposite sides. He just doesn't seem to know what he's doing, when he clearly did back in college and in workouts.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
56 catches, 747 yards, 5 TDs, one very funny obscene gesture, and one fumble that wasn't a fumble
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
Giants DL is nothing special anymore. Hasn't been in awhile. It's not just JPP and no one. And JPP is inconsistent as is. 2 sacks as a team in two games. They worry me less than Philly's rush did, and that was not a lot.

I want Fisher back at LT, personally. Some of his footwork to me looks like some basic confusion that can come from opposite sides. He just doesn't seem to know what he's doing, when he clearly did back in college and in workouts.

Until he gets over his terminal case of rook suck, someone with the athletic ability of Tuck or JPP is scary as hell when we're talking about Fisher. Regardless of how they've fared so far this season, anyone who takes the Giants for granted are asking for a loss.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:

Until he gets over his terminal case of rook suck, someone with the athletic ability of Tuck or JPP is scary as hell when we're talking about Fisher. Regardless of how they've fared so far this season, anyone who takes the Giants for granted are asking for a loss.

No, that's the thing. Tuck has no athletic ability anymore. Save for their supebowl run in 2011, he has looked like garbage as a pass rusher for a solid two seasons now. JPP is definitely scary, as he is an athletic beast who still occasionally takes a game over, but do not confuse 2013 Tuck with the Tuck from 2010 and before. He's a subpar rusher. Decentish run defender still. I say that Tuck doesn't scary me knowing full well how bad Fisher has done thus far.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
56 catches, 747 yards, 5 TDs, one very funny obscene gesture, and one fumble that wasn't a fumble
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisher looked like he got better through out the game, and on that final drive he made some key blocks.

But so far he's been turrible, the OL has been Turrible.

Why? Coaching? OL isn't finishing blocks, not finding assignments, not executing, not showing proper technique.

Wish we had Solari still.

We need to draft a strong Guard next year, maybe even a Tackle too.
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tamba was neutralized much more than Chiefs fans are accustomed to seeing by Peters. Tamba still beat him about 10 times, but was only able to turn those into 1 total sack. There was one specific play that Peters had a ridiculously blatant hold against him and it wasn't called.

If you look at Tamba's plays you'll find he most of the times ended up BEHIND Vick. I'm not sure - but it may be by design - to take away the escape routes when Houston was crashing in closer to the LOS.

IIRC Vick tried to back up several time only to be blocked by his own guy trying to block Tamba. However - several times Vick escaped on Hali's inside. So: mixed results - whether by design or default.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still can't figure out why Hali won't learn any moves. Just loop around the LT repeatedly over and over again.

He's got hand fighting down, you would think that would be the next logical step. Houston has got quite the repertoire after 3 years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: