Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs vs Eagles (WE ARE FINALLY HERE!!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chiefs82

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets just say Houston had 12 sacks and be done with it lol

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:8/TFL:2/Sacks:3/FF:0/FR:0
chiefs82

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Houstons night: 7 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 4 TFL 3 passes defensed, 4 QB hits and 2 FR

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:8/TFL:2/Sacks:3/FF:0/FR:0
valkrei

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
valkrei wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:
They seem to have settled on 3.5 sacks. 'Twill do, 'twill do.

Its funny in a way. the Chiefs are getting praised for a great defensive game, but they gave up 3 plays of 40+ yards and 460 total. They will likely slide in the rankings.

I also recall the number of us that wanted Houston in the 1st round that year.

J

IF we slide in rankings it will because of our lack of points we could score. The D was lights out. They basically won that game 5 times over.

I meant the defensive rankings. Lights out is not how I see that game. Disruptive, yes. Effective, yes. Lights out, not close.

We gave up a lot of yards, not to mention 3 plays over 40 yards. The problem with bend but dont break defenses is field position. With all the turnovers, that has worked for us. Colquitt does not hurt in that regard.

Next we play another strong armed QB, with better WR. And another Swiss cheese defense. Make it work.

J

Yea but here is my point. Our D was on the field what prob 75% of the time or more? until the last drive of course our offense just about couldnt do anything but 3 plays and punt. M Vick Gashing you a play here and there yea that happens to all teams, but points allowed mean more then yardage allowed any day of the week.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

valkrei wrote:

Yea but here is my point. Our D was on the field what prob 75% of the time or more? until the last drive of course our offense just about couldnt do anything but 3 plays and punt. M Vick Gashing you a play here and there yea that happens to all teams, but points allowed mean more then yardage allowed any day of the week.

The other way round. The Chiefs had close to 40 min of ball possession.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before making judgements about the Giants game, remember that Reid was 13-1 in Philly coming off a BYE. Although this isn't a full 2 weeks off...it's close enough. Did anyone notice how much our dline were jumping tonight to bat balls down? I guarantee you Reid installed that into our game plan from knowing Vick. IMO Reid is one of the best at reviewing game tape and adjusting week-week.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
valkrei wrote:

The other way round. The Chiefs had close to 40 min of ball possession.

Beat me to it. Let us not forget the 400+ yards.

What we did not do was stuff turnovers into the end zone.

Mikek163 wrote:
Before making judgements about the Giants game, remember that Reid was 13-1 in Philly coming off a BYE. Although this isn't a full 2 weeks off...it's close enough. Did anyone notice how much our dline were jumping tonight to bat balls down? I guarantee you Reid installed that into our game plan from knowing Vick. IMO Reid is one of the best at reviewing game tape and adjusting week-week.

TJax had a couple against Dallas. That is supposed to be a standard part of DL play. It was neglected before. Even if you dont get the ball, you can distract the QB and block his vision.

J

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love ol' scrotum beard. If he shaves it, I'm gonna call for him to be cut. Only reason to like Mcgrath is that his nickname can be scrotum beard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrKXH1CeXck

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
patdt13

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDK If any of you guys watched 41 Action news last night before the game, but my friends and I were the fans Patrick Fazio talked to in the video. My friend is huge Chiefs fan. The other kid doesnt care. And I faked being a Chiefs fan.

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this offense blows...need a legit receiving TE and th OL to gel....and I know I've seen Alex throw better. Does anyone else think he is the biggest reason for our improvement while also playing the farthest below expectations (other than running and taking care of ball)?

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patdt13 wrote:
IDK If any of you guys watched 41 Action news last night before the game, but my friends and I were the fans Patrick Fazio talked to in the video. My friend is huge Chiefs fan. The other kid doesnt care. And I faked being a Chiefs fan.

May be you stop faking after that game .. Wink
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Wow this offense blows...need a legit receiving TE and th OL to gel....and I know I've seen Alex throw better. Does anyone else think he is the biggest reason for our improvement while also playing the farthest below expectations (other than running and taking care of ball)?

We still racked 400 yards last night and controlled the clock. It may not be pretty, but it does not blow.

J

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the win, well deserved.

Also glad Houston panned out. I was high on him, then again, I'm high on almost every bulldog out there.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
kempus wrote:
Houston had an absolutely monster game Shocked

7.5 sacks through 3 games.

What are his chances at another POW?

How big was that last 3rd down catch by Avery? That was play 3 of a 14 play 8 minute back breaker. 15 plays if you count the FG.

J

That drive and the last one against Dallas were huge drives...just wish the o line could block and protect like those 2 big drives every time.

That is where ball control really pays off. I am reminded of the Nebraska vs Florida State orange Bowl. Warren Sapp dominated the game for three quarters. In the 4th quarter Nebraska ran right up the gut for 2 TD and the National Championship.

Houston's stat line 6 solo,1 Ast, 3.5 Sack, 24 Neg Yds, 3 PD.

When was he in coverage. I saw Poe get a PD.

J

Was that b4 or after sapp transfered to the U?

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 2m

NFL has changed Justin Houston’s sack total Thursday night to 4.5 sacks from 3.5. Houston now has a league-high 7.5 sacks for season.
Öffnen

Respect ...

Quote:
ChiefsCommunications @ChiefsPR 44s

LB Justin Houston's 4.5 sacks rank third in team history for most sacks in a single game behind 2 LB Derrick Thomas performances (7.0, 6.0).

That 7 sack performance was incredible -- and the Chiefs lost just because Krieg slipped out of Thomas' hands for the 8th sack.

The over/under for the season now stands at 22.5 sacks.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so let me start by saying I couldn't watch the game, because I had to work and don't have NFLN. But after reading through this thread I have a few things I'd like to comment on.

1. Wow folks, take a breath, this offense is light-years ahead of last year. I understand it's not very exciting, and I can't figure out why Andy doesn't push the run game earlier. But talking about us being terrible and how you can understand why Andy was fired when we're winning games and the offense is playing "clean" football is just astonishing. It's like we need a reason to complain because we're so used to sucking.

2. From reading the play by play, I do think out biggest issue is OL play, and it is killing us that we can't have a decent TE to be a dump off, and to help out Fisher in pass pro/run game. Fisher is a rookie, and WILL get better, I think it's also possible he's still not truly 100%, but it's hard to bench the number 1 overall pick. Bet I'm not the only person right now who is thinking we're lucky the trade of BA didn't go through. As bad as our OL in playing, without Albert it'd be much worse.

3. I think the doubt in our OL is really affecting not only the play calling, but Alex's confidence as well. He's cautious, and quick to scramble/dump off not letting anything deep develop. Combine that with the fact that our WRs aren't doing the best at getting open deep and it make sense that FB/RB are racking up receptions, considering we have no viable TE threat...most teams would try to run more, but in Reid's offense many of these quick pass plays are just long hand-offs.

4. This week we play another team with a very suspect secondary, and a decent O-line who can get pressure and stop the run. I could EASILY see a repeat of this week with fewer turnovers. Eli hasn't been playing well but will turn it around eventually and has had just about every bad bounce and batted ball a QB could have. I'm predicting another close one for sure.

5. We need to figure out the O-line, this week should be a good long hard look at that. Alex can't keep taking the hits in and out of the pocket, or we'll see Chase Daniel sooner rather than later. I think the comments about running the ball in the fourth quarter are ignoring the fact that as teams wear down, we'll be able to be more successful. While I do think we need to run more early most teams have more running success at the ends of games, it's not really an epiphany moment or anything.

6. Guys, take a breath and realize...By this point last season, we were calling for the QB, HC and GM to be fired or worse, we turned the ball over more than anyone else in the NFL and were playing crappy football on both sides of the ball. We went as far as flying planes over Arrowhead towing banners. Let's take a moment to appreciate, the decisions Andy and John have made have us in first place in the division, we've already won one more game than last year. We're playing great football on D and solid though not exciting football on offense. As the season goes on, some of the o-line issues hopefully will temper and everyone will get more comfortable with their positions (Fisher) their assignments (Everyone but BA) and our offense should improve.

7. Lastly, and sorry for the long ranting post but I'm excited about this. A.J. Jenkins had his first official NFL catch. The more this kid gets involved, the better our offense will function because he has the skill set and ability to be a legitimate receiver. Now he just needs the coaching and time in the system. This is a situation I'm watching closely as the year develops.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to: