Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs vs Eagles (WE ARE FINALLY HERE!!!)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omar72587

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Chiefs vs Eagles (WE ARE FINALLY HERE!!!) Reply with quote

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Sundays-Winning-Effort-Began-in-July/320d29cd-56fe-46f9-822c-fa9a6f449fea

I read this article on KC Chiefs .com and I got to thinking, after watching last nights Eagles Redskins game, are will/will we be ready to march into philly and play against this?

The article suggests that the chiefs are in amazing shape especially while playing in the Florida heat on Sunday.

1). Does anybody think the Eagles team will have the chiefs outmatched in terms of conditioning.

2). Offer up a strategy to stop this high powered innovative offense.

I personally think that it will be even in terms of conditioning and for us to win we will have to control the game. Try and Make Chip Kelly uncomfortable by not allowing him to dictate the game with the pace he wants. To do this we will definitely have to score and slow things down.

I also feel that on defense our front 3 are really going to have the game of their lives by putting immense pressure on Vick.

So lets hear it gentleman... Very Happy

Last edited by omar72587 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Chiefs vs Eagles (I know its over a week away...) Reply with quote

omar72587 wrote:
I also feel that on defense our front 3 are really going to have the game of their lives by putting immense pressure on Vick.

This will be key ... add the LB to the mix. A QB that's on the ground buried under a pile of red jerseys can't speed up the offense. Well, if the Chiefs wear red on the road again that is ...

I hope the big guys are in a physical shape that allows them to keep up the pressure throughout the game. If they are this will be interesting.
omar72587

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Chiefs vs Eagles (I know its over a week away...) Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
omar72587 wrote:

This will be key ... add the LB to the mix. A QB that's on the ground buried under a pile of red jerseys can't speed up the offense. Well, if the Chiefs wear red on the road again that is ...

I hope the big guys are in a physical shape that allows them to keep up the pressure throughout the game. If they are this will be interesting.

I agree. I figured that if our front 3 do an amazing job then our lbs will be automatic in taking people out. Also this will help out our secondary as well in their coverage responsibilities.
jimmydee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will find out certain if we like our front 7. My guess is "YES....we do!"
chiefs82

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this defense is ready for Philly. Flowers said that the defense on Sunday never really got tired on the field. Poe is a man child, Houston Will be facing yet another rookie RT and the secondary is really good. Bring it on NFC East

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:3/TFL:2/Sacks:2/FF:0/FR:0
omar72587

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefs82 wrote:
I think this defense is ready for Philly. Flowers said that the defense on Sunday never really got tired on the field. Poe is a man child, Houston Will be facing yet another rookie RT and the secondary is really good. Bring it on NFC East

Shocked Oh shoot I forgot that eagles drafted lane Johnson and will be face up against either Houston and or hali. This is gonna be an exciting game....after we beat Dallas of course.
Kcpre

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we'll be ok as long as we keep Vick contained and have some sustained drives to give the D a break
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's get this party started! Only three days until kickoff!

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not directly game related, but ...

Quote:
Adam Teicher @adamteicher 4m

Chiefs are releasing safety Bradley McDougald

With both Fasano and Kelce nicked they may want to sign Harris from the PS.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:

Quote:

Is Harris really ready though. Just sayin, just because he's on the PS doesn't mean he's the best TE to play for us this week if needed, stashing him for development and all. Maybe Jake O'Connel is still available? Anyone know if he's with an NFL team right now?

How about CFL, no you say. Hmm... Arena League, XFL, do they still have that?

^ryknowssd on the sig
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:

Quote:

Is Harris really ready though. Just sayin, just because he's on the PS doesn't mean he's the best TE to play for us this week if needed, stashing him for development and all. Maybe Jake O'Connel is still available? Anyone know if he's with an NFL team right now?

two days to get whoever they sign up to speed - thus should be familiar with the system.
omar72587

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Def cant wait for this game. Very Happy I think the chiefs matchup really well vs Philly. Flowers will be able to cover a smaller reciever that is not as physical and I think as long as we get a nasty pass rush this will help to slow down the eagles offense. Also, Reid is no fool so expect to see some new tricks during this game that will surprise even chip kelly.
valkrei

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is giong to the best test the Eagles will face all year offensively and perhaps our D's best scoring offense.

The Eagles are # 2 Total offense. 477 yards per game and can get those yards in the air or the ground. Stopping the Run does not stop their offense from destroying your Defense. Vick can move around similar to what we saw Smith do this week to the Cowboys and extend plays. We should be prepared for that.

The Eagles have 1 really good WR and their running back is twice as good as charles as a WR and a legit threat when thrown to.

The good news these numbers the Eagles have are against Defenses that rank #31 and #32 respectively. The Cheifs D is ranked overall #4 and is #1 in turnovers in their favor.

Do not let these numbers fool you, the big plays in the air and TD's given up are the reason they are in the basement in rankings. The eagles so far haave 4 sacks and 2 Int in 2 games.

Our Offense line will have to play outstanding this game. Give Alex some time and I think you will see his best game against the Eagles. So far the Chiefs have played against a good defense in Jacksonville even though by the score you wouldn't know that and a decent defense in Dallas that for some reason gave the Chiefs fits. Perhaps it was scheme or the type of D they each run. Either way the Eagles D gives up a lot of big plays and I expect our WR to make big plays.

This might be a homer pick but im still going with the Chiefs in another Nail biter.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:

Quote:

two days to get whoever they sign up to speed - thus should be familiar with the system.

Who else did we have in camp at the position, Brock and Oprum? Maybe one of those guys is more compelte, and mroe ready to play.

Definitely not against Harris, just concerned that he's not ready to play a large, and really complete role as a TE. He's probably got a long way to go as a blocker.

^ryknowssd on the sig
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brock has been gone for three weeks.

Opurum is still on the PS - but is he a better TE than Harris? doubt it. He's more of a FB. And Harris definitely has some skills catching the ball. Not so sure about his blocking though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19

Jump to: