Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How Long Before Michael Vick Gets Destroyed While Blocking?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PowerElite

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: How Long Before Michael Vick Gets Destroyed While Blocking? Reply with quote

There were numerous plays where Vick blocked in the running game. I have never seen an NFL quarterback attempt to block that much and I've never noticed a college QB that active in blocking. Vick took the opportunity to attempt to throw a block on all kinds of plays. If Desean ran a bubble screen and Vick seen an opportunity, he would be active in blocking for him. This isn't a good thing except for maybe in the playoffs. How long before some 300lbs defensive lineman or linebacker decides to treat Vick like how QBs get treated when they try to make a tackle after throwing an interception?
marky_b27

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not long.

With the QB being fair game on any read option plays, he's going to take a lot of hits. And we all know Vick isn't the most resilient of players.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Jroc04

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip already said it wasn't designed. And that he needs to not do that and protect himself. I'm sure they went over it. No big deal unless we keep seeing it.

Not thread worthy.

Phire sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
RollEagles

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the enthusiasm from Vick. But yeah he really needs to cut that out. He did make a bit of a difference on a few plays.

One thing I must say is that he does seem noticeably bigger than he has been in the past.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Not long.

With the QB being fair game on any read option plays, he's going to take a lot of hits. And we all know Vick isn't the most resilient of players.

Funny how I see him as one of the most resilient QBs in the league.

Phire sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
marky_b27

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Not long.

Well he does get up after a hit, he is tough. But that also means he gets injured more often.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Not long.

Correct me if I'm wrong, PE wasn't talking about running the football, but Vick getting out in front and block when Shady cuts it back.

As long as he's not running full speed into people and just sort of run towards people and get his hands on them, they normally don't destroy QB's and therefore I don't foresee this being Vick issue in the hit department

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Jroc04

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Not long.

Well he does get up after a hit, he is tough. But that also means he gets injured more often.

He takes way more risks than any QB true. But I think he handles those hits way better than anyone else. Most hits he takes would put other QBs out for a bit.

Phire sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
eagles26

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is assuming he doesn't get destroyed while "sliding" first?

^^kudos to Kempes, E808 on the Avy
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest , I don't think it will be a issue past this week. I'm extremely confident that when they review the game tape with him they will praise Vick for great effort but tell him point blank. Don't attempt that again. Don't take any additional risks. Do so I'm taking you out! Don't be an idiot. I think Vick got caught up in the moment and momentum of the game and in retrospect now realizes how stupid it really was.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 7 Gm/ 39 Rec/ 632 Yds/ 6 TD/ 16.2 YPC/
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
To be honest , I don't think it will be a issue past this week. I'm extremely confident that when they review the game tape with him they will praise Vick for great effort but tell him point blank. Don't attempt that again. Don't take any additional risks. Do so I'm taking you out! Don't be an idiot. I think Vick got caught up in the moment and momentum of the game and in retrospect now realizes how stupid it really was.
I want to believe you, and post this in the least Vick-bashing type of way, but what in his past has he ever done that leads anyone to believe that he listens to what coaches tell him? Head first diving, not going out of bounds, throwing while getting sacked - all things coaches have tried to change in his game but still happen with 2013 Michael Vick.
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appreciate Vick's effort, but yeah, he should stop.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
DudeWhat??

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so far His injury cause still a myth..If you look at his entire career..especially his time with philly..95% of his injuries come from standing in the pocket..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
I want to believe you, and post this in the least Vick-bashing type of way, but what in his past has he ever done that leads anyone to believe that he listens to what coaches tell him? Head first diving, not going out of bounds, throwing while getting sacked - all things coaches have tried to change in his game but still happen with 2013 Michael Vick.

I get what your saying but I think the big difference here is the fact nothing is guaranteed for Vick as a Eagle moving forward. Andy was fighting for his job and probably willing to except the good with the bad and less of a disciplinarian. Kelly IMO despite how much he likes Vick in his system will lay down the law IMO.

I honestly think Vick has an understanding and trust in Kelly that if he says something, do it or Foles will be in. You won't remain the starter a a Eagle past this season. Kelly won't allow Vick to Turn the ball over numerous times in consecutive games without consequences IMO. Do what I ask or be replaced. Following simple instructions like keep the hell away from blocking down the field is easy to impliment. Look at last night when he intentionally pulled Desean to shut him up, cool him down before getting ejected.

I just think if the coaching staff tells and his teammates continue to remind him, Vick stops trying to be a Damn FB. That's all.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 7 Gm/ 39 Rec/ 632 Yds/ 6 TD/ 16.2 YPC/
JayAp07

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
Chip already said it wasn't designed. And that he needs to not do that and protect himself. I'm sure they went over it. No big deal unless we keep seeing it.

Not thread worthy.

Just like his sliding... diving... Laughing

2013 Philadelphia Eagles NFC East Champs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: