Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mooney and Casey make PFF's All-Week 1 team

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Mooney and Casey make PFF's All-Week 1 team Reply with quote

Quote:
Full Back: Colin Mooney, TEN (+2.1)

We like our backs to block and itís that fact that edged Mooney ahead of new Chief Anthony Sherman. Called up from the practice squad after Quinn Johnson went down for the year, Mooney was expected to spend the season developing. More performances like this and heíll have spent it punishing linebackers. It was slightly unlucky that the Seahawks, Derrick Coleman didnít make our snap eligibility number or he would have been in with a very good shout.

Quote:
Defensive Interior Ė Nose: Jurrell Casey, TEN (+4.9)

There wonít be many times that Casey gets a pass rushing grade (+3.9) as high as what he managed versus the Steelers. The big defensive tackle is hard to block with just one man on him, regularly commanding extra attention. If you donít he makes you pay, much like he did Pittsburgh.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/09/09/pff-team-of-week-1/

Sadly, on top of this, Turner made their "Had a Bad Day" team, as their worst ranked center of week 1.

Quote:
Center: Robert Turner, TEN (-5.5)

Itís understandable to move on from a player like Fernando Velasco if he doesnít fit your scheme. But bringing in a player like Turner as a replacement isnít going to get the job done, especially if he plays like this.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/09/10/had-a-bad-day-team-week-1-2/

#1CB Jason McCourty
2014 Stats - 5 Games(Missed 2nd half of week 2/Played hurt week 3)/2 INTs/78.0 QB rating when thrown at
LT Michael Roos
Out for the year. Thanks for the great years, Roos.
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea Turner, good job letting the Steelers run all over you Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing

2014 Adopt-A-Titan 7 Zach Mettenberger
VY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well hopefully they leave the door for Schwenke to make his move in-season and soon maybe if he's healthy and practicing well.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFF sucks. Turner didn't have a bad game at all. Looked physical and looked to contain McClendon.
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turner did get blown up on one play. I specifically remember him flat on his back. It was only one play, but he got knocked on his back like Debo. Laughing

Mooney is going to be like Sarge was in 2007. A military guy paving the way for a record year on the ground. Titans had 120 yards on the ground combined on Sunday. Applause

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
DannyWallace

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's unfortunate about Quinn because you never wanna see anyone go down but, boy am I glad we're giving Mooney a shot instead of looking outside of our house. I really feel like he's going to be a solid player for us.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DannyWallace wrote:
It's unfortunate about Quinn because you never wanna see anyone go down but, boy am I glad we're giving Mooney a shot instead of looking outside of our house. I really feel like he's going to be a solid player for us.

Agreed. I know Mooney still probably has to polish a few things in his game, but sometimes you just have to let a player like him take his lumps. He's going to make a few errors, but it's best to let him do it now and get it out of his system, and gradually improve as he gets more reps. Plus let's not forget that he's pretty versatile with his power running and pass catching. Loggains can make him another weapon if he chooses to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: