Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lamar Miller
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Why did Miller fail to produce?
Cleveland's defense
21%
 21%  [ 4 ]
Miami's run blocking
73%
 73%  [ 14 ]
Miller is not good
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 19

Author Message
Maddogg


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 1550
Location: A Galaxy Far Far Away......
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
All this just reminds me of why football is the worst fantasy sport.


I use to do Fantasy football, but once I started playing fantasy baseball....I felt no need to go back.


Fantasy football is like all the bad stuff in fantasy baseball without any of the good stuff. Laughing They shouldn't even call it fantasy football. it should be fantasy running backs and receivers with a side of quarterback.


No arguments here. I do like baseball fantasy, hockey and basketball were pretty cool too.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stars


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 759
Location: 3 miles from Tottenham
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
He is my number 2 RB, which is pretty weak for a number 2. But I have Peyton Manning, Foster, and eventually Rob Gronkowski, as well as Tony Gonzalez in a 2 TE league. Unfortunately, I lost by 1 point this week and Miller scored me a grand total of 00000 points!!
Yep, I'm in a similar position, even down to Gronk. I lost by more than 1 point though!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Warpticon


Joined: 21 May 2010
Posts: 1520
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
All this just reminds me of why football is the worst fantasy sport.


I use to do Fantasy football, but once I started playing fantasy baseball....I felt no need to go back.


Fantasy football is like all the bad stuff in fantasy baseball without any of the good stuff. Laughing They shouldn't even call it fantasy football. it should be fantasy running backs and receivers with a side of quarterback.


No arguments here. I do like baseball fantasy, hockey and basketball were pretty cool too.


Yeah, basketball is #2 for me. I've never done Hockey.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maddogg


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 1550
Location: A Galaxy Far Far Away......
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stars wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
He is my number 2 RB, which is pretty weak for a number 2. But I have Peyton Manning, Foster, and eventually Rob Gronkowski, as well as Tony Gonzalez in a 2 TE league. Unfortunately, I lost by 1 point this week and Miller scored me a grand total of 00000 points!!
Yep, I'm in a similar position, even down to Gronk. I lost by more than 1 point though!



Fantasy advise though its to late this year. Drafting TE's early is a killer for final standings. Yes some put up nice numbers when you look at final stats for the position. However when you compare on a weighted scale across Wide receiver , running back and tight end, draft position in relation to average point score without regard to position you will often find that TE's are usually drafted to early in somewhat of a panic mode because of at that point in the draft you have not selected anyone at the tight end position and view it as a weakness.

Don't be fooled take wide receivers and running backs until the production level shows no variance. Then select at the tight end position. This year Gronk is a perfect example of too early even with a known injury. Right now he is hurting many of his owners and your going to have to wait till later in the season and even then the injury question will still linger until production starts showing up in weekly results.

As a result anyone selecting Gronk has typically :

1) Drafted him too early
2) Forfeiting early season fantasy points
3) Forfeited points at that draft point from a wide receiver or running back which could have been selected.
4) Expecting the same results as 2012 once he does return.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bpastermack


Joined: 17 Feb 2009
Posts: 12930
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
Stars wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
He is my number 2 RB, which is pretty weak for a number 2. But I have Peyton Manning, Foster, and eventually Rob Gronkowski, as well as Tony Gonzalez in a 2 TE league. Unfortunately, I lost by 1 point this week and Miller scored me a grand total of 00000 points!!
Yep, I'm in a similar position, even down to Gronk. I lost by more than 1 point though!



Fantasy advise though its to late this year. Drafting TE's early is a killer for final standings. Yes some put up nice numbers when you look at final stats for the position. However when you compare on a weighted scale across Wide receiver , running back and tight end, draft position in relation to average point score without regard to position you will often find that TE's are usually drafted to early in somewhat of a panic mode because of at that point in the draft you have not selected anyone at the tight end position and view it as a weakness.

Don't be fooled take wide receivers and running backs until the production level shows no variance. Then select at the tight end position. This year Gronk is a perfect example of too early even with a known injury. Right now he is hurting many of his owners and your going to have to wait till later in the season and even then the injury question will still linger until production starts showing up in weekly results.

As a result anyone selecting Gronk has typically :

1) Drafted him too early
2) Forfeiting early season fantasy points
3) Forfeited points at that draft point from a wide receiver or running back which could have been selected.
4) Expecting the same results as 2012 once he does return.


I drafted Gronk in the second round last year. I almost won the championship. Only reason I lost was Eli Manning suddenly decided to lay an egg during week 16. I actually find a much larger discrepancy between the top 2 or 3 TE's in the NFL and the 4-12 tight ends. than I do between the top 5 or 6 WR's and the top 7-12. Once all the top RB's go off the board, and AJ Green and CJ are gone, if no injury were involved, I'd be taking Gronk all day long!

As it stands he was injured and I grabbed Gronk in the 4th round and Gonzalez in the middle rounds. (I think some people didn't even know he had come back) I always am willing to take a player who should go higher but doesn't because he is going to miss a few games at the beginning. Especially since most leagues let half the teams into the playoffs, so I build my team more for the playoffs than anything else.

Gronk very well could have a similar season to last year once healthy. Brady is going to lean on him even more than last year, especially in the red zone.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maddogg


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 1550
Location: A Galaxy Far Far Away......
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
Maddogg wrote:
Stars wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
He is my number 2 RB, which is pretty weak for a number 2. But I have Peyton Manning, Foster, and eventually Rob Gronkowski, as well as Tony Gonzalez in a 2 TE league. Unfortunately, I lost by 1 point this week and Miller scored me a grand total of 00000 points!!
Yep, I'm in a similar position, even down to Gronk. I lost by more than 1 point though!



Fantasy advise though its to late this year. Drafting TE's early is a killer for final standings. Yes some put up nice numbers when you look at final stats for the position. However when you compare on a weighted scale across Wide receiver , running back and tight end, draft position in relation to average point score without regard to position you will often find that TE's are usually drafted to early in somewhat of a panic mode because of at that point in the draft you have not selected anyone at the tight end position and view it as a weakness.

Don't be fooled take wide receivers and running backs until the production level shows no variance. Then select at the tight end position. This year Gronk is a perfect example of too early even with a known injury. Right now he is hurting many of his owners and your going to have to wait till later in the season and even then the injury question will still linger until production starts showing up in weekly results.

As a result anyone selecting Gronk has typically :

1) Drafted him too early
2) Forfeiting early season fantasy points
3) Forfeited points at that draft point from a wide receiver or running back which could have been selected.
4) Expecting the same results as 2012 once he does return.


I drafted Gronk in the second round last year. I almost won the championship. Only reason I lost was Eli Manning suddenly decided to lay an egg during week 16. I actually find a much larger discrepancy between the top 2 or 3 TE's in the NFL and the 4-12 tight ends. than I do between the top 5 or 6 WR's and the top 7-12. Once all the top RB's go off the board, and AJ Green and CJ are gone, if no injury were involved, I'd be taking Gronk all day long!

As it stands he was injured and I grabbed Gronk in the 4th round and Gonzalez in the middle rounds. (I think some people didn't even know he had come back) I always am willing to take a player who should go higher but doesn't because he is going to miss a few games at the beginning. Especially since most leagues let half the teams into the playoffs, so I build my team more for the playoffs than anything else.

Gronk very well could have a similar season to last year once healthy. Brady is going to lean on him even more than last year, especially in the red zone.


True, A lot depends on how you league scores, If you have one or two TE start positions each week and how many start positions for running back and wide receiver also. Now if you league lets half or more players in the playoffs that is something else to account for also. I always preferred the 4 team playoff format with the two division winners with wild cards going to next best records regardless of division.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stars


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 759
Location: 3 miles from Tottenham
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
Stars wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
He is my number 2 RB, which is pretty weak for a number 2. But I have Peyton Manning, Foster, and eventually Rob Gronkowski, as well as Tony Gonzalez in a 2 TE league. Unfortunately, I lost by 1 point this week and Miller scored me a grand total of 00000 points!!
Yep, I'm in a similar position, even down to Gronk. I lost by more than 1 point though!



Fantasy advise though its to late this year. Drafting TE's early is a killer for final standings. Yes some put up nice numbers when you look at final stats for the position. However when you compare on a weighted scale across Wide receiver , running back and tight end, draft position in relation to average point score without regard to position you will often find that TE's are usually drafted to early in somewhat of a panic mode because of at that point in the draft you have not selected anyone at the tight end position and view it as a weakness.

Don't be fooled take wide receivers and running backs until the production level shows no variance. Then select at the tight end position. This year Gronk is a perfect example of too early even with a known injury. Right now he is hurting many of his owners and your going to have to wait till later in the season and even then the injury question will still linger until production starts showing up in weekly results.

As a result anyone selecting Gronk has typically :

1) Drafted him too early
2) Forfeiting early season fantasy points
3) Forfeited points at that draft point from a wide receiver or running back which could have been selected.
4) Expecting the same results as 2012 once he does return.
I probably did draft him too early, but I'm focused on the playoffs. I'm very pleased with my WR corps, just weak at RB. Which is unusual for me because I invariably draft RB high and consistently.

That said, I still think I called it right on Gronk. I took him at the bottom of the 3rd; 13 RBs had already gone. It's just a thin RB group and I overestimated Miller as compared to the other RBs I could have taken when I drafted him in the 4th. Only 2 RBs went between my taking Gronk and Miller, and nobody of any particular interest.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group