You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dilfer says Titans rushed Locker into starting role

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Dilfer says Titans rushed Locker into starting role Reply with quote

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dilfer-says-titans-rushed-locker-180046019--nfl.html

NFL analyst Trent Dilfer of ESPN said Tuesday that he sees some of himself in Jake Locker, and that the same things that plagued his own NFL career are plaguing the Tennessee Titans' starting quarterback.

The subject came up during Dilfer's visit on "SportsNight" on 102.5 The Game in Nashville when the ex-QB was asked by Locker could look so good on a difficult throw and then miss an easy toss like one to Kenny Britt that could have sealed a Titans win Sunday in Houston. The interview was picked up by TitanInsider.com.

ďItís development. Itís the little things, the craft of the position, the mechanics, the nuances, the eye placement, the rhythm, the tempo. Itís all these things that you canít really show somebody that hasnít held the ball in their hands and done it,Ē Dilfer said. ďThe greats make it look so easy because they pay such close attention to the little things. Iím passionate about it because I stunk at it - because I was Jake Locker. I could make any throw. I could do the splash play, I had all the ability in the world, and yet I would miss a gimme.Ē
edro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ďThatís why I think the best thing the Titans could have done was to have built around Matthew (Hasselbeck). He was playing at a high level if he could stay healthy you would have won some games, and Jake could have been there getting the lonely work done, so that when he was asked to play, there was more craft to his game that he could embrace the nuances a little bit more."

I agreed with this in 2011.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I heard that interview. I do agree somewhat. I know Locker hasn't been in a pro style offense for long. The Washington staff wished they had him for one more year at least.

He is starting to remind me of Alex Smith somewhat. I think he needs a QB guru to work with him.
I hope Locker swallows some pride and work hard this summer on the "lonely work" as Dilfer put it.

Locker has shown he can do it with some awesome throws but again as Dilfer said, he needs to work so that he can do it more consistently.
Mac 9 for LiFE

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Yeah, I heard that interview. I do agree somewhat. I know Locker hasn't been in a pro style offense for long. The Washington staff wished they had him for one more year at least.

He is starting to remind me of Alex Smith somewhat. I think he needs a QB guru to work with him.
I hope Locker swallows some pride and work hard this summer on the "lonely work" as Dilfer put it.

Locker has shown he can do it with some awesome throws but again as Dilfer said, he needs to work so that he can do it more consistently.

Are you talking about next summer? Confused I thought these were the things that he was already correcting this summer. Andd, there's certainly still a chance he might not be a Titan next summer. I love Jake, we all do (well most of us), but there's really no defending some of his play. The two long drives were amazing and will keep my incredibly biased in his favor, but with the game on the line, top 10 pick in his 3rd year..... can't hit a 5 yard slant to a wide open Kenny Britt Mad C'mon Mannn. Legggo Titans, 15-1! Razz
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac 9 for LiFE wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

Are you talking about next summer? Confused I thought these were the things that he was already correcting this summer. Andd, there's certainly still a chance he might not be a Titan next summer. I love Jake, we all do (well most of us), but there's really no defending some of his play. The two long drives were amazing and will keep my incredibly biased in his favor, but with the game on the line, top 10 pick in his 3rd year..... can't hit a 5 yard slant to a wide open Kenny Britt Mad C'mon Mannn. Legggo Titans, 15-1! Razz

Yeah I was talking about next summer, because I doubt he can work on mechanics and things like that now, when preparing for game week. Well he could be it would take him putting in that extra time.

But yeah, tha slant is haunting me. He has to hit that.
JerseyTitan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else watch the KC-PHI game tonight and think we should model the 2013 gameplan after the way the Chiefs played tonight (37:00 TOP and +4 turnover ratio). That's a recipe for success no matter how many yards you put up, regular or post season. I put this in the Locker thread because I would be thrilled if he could be as efficient as Alex Smith.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here's a nice thought that could very well be the solution. If you gonna give him the keys to the car, let him choose where to drive it. It's like someone was listening to my thoughts.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130920/COLUMNIST0202/309200096/Climer-Titans-must-let-Jake-Locker-call-shots
edro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseyTitan wrote:
Anyone else watch the KC-PHI game tonight and think we should model the 2013 gameplan after the way the Chiefs played tonight (37:00 TOP and +4 turnover ratio). That's a recipe for success no matter how many yards you put up, regular or post season. I put this in the Locker thread because I would be thrilled if he could be as efficient as Alex Smith.

Of Course we should do this... "defend" on offense and "attack" on defense. People act like Locker needs to toss it 40 times a game for us to win. False. Run the ball, eat clock, and play solid defense. Go heavy on Play Action passes. That's how you kill a defense.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be more inclined to agree with anything he has to say about our QB situation if he wasn't the biggest Hasselbeck homer this side of Momma Hasselbeck.
lamont

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
I'd be more inclined to agree with anything he has to say about our QB situation if he wasn't the biggest Hasselbeck homer this side of Momma Hasselbeck.

You do have a point there. Sometimes Dilfer is almost in tears talking about how Hass saved his life in when they were in Seattle. Confused

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: