You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Titans (2-0) at Texans (1-1) - Stop #2 on road to 19-0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TwoToneBlue


Joined: 22 May 2008
Posts: 8646
Location: Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgtx wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:
True or False:

Titans win if Lechler isn't the Texans punter.


Good question. I know that Kubiak should have given him a game ball! I had never given him much thought really, but Sunday showed why he is one of the best ever.


He certainly earned a game ball.
_________________

Sig by Smack
Adopt-A-Titan: 1) Corey Davis 2) Tre McBride
NFL: Titans // NBA: Cavaliers // NHL: Blue Jackets
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dionysus


Joined: 24 May 2009
Posts: 2679
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man this is some straight up BS by the NFL!!! There is no reason to fine him, especially for this ridiculous amount. I think Goodell and Co. are really starting to go overboard with these rules and safety issues.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130918/SPORTS01/130918011/NFL-fines-Titans-Pollard-42-000-hit-vs-Texans
_________________
HEALTH STATEMENT: I'm not "fat", just well nutritioned.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
s_camp


Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Posts: 3383
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
Man this is some straight up BS by the NFL!!! There is no reason to fine him, especially for this ridiculous amount. I think Goodell and Co. are really starting to go overboard with these rules and safety issues.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130918/SPORTS01/130918011/NFL-fines-Titans-Pollard-42-000-hit-vs-Texans


I think he sort of got off easy. Jackson was fined the same amount for his hit on Wright, and he doesn't have a history as far as I know. Pollard's forearm hit Johnson in the facemask. Bam, fine. That's just how it is, right or wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 35224
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Turner's fine was $10,000. The fact that Turner's fine was less than a 1/4 of Pollard's is a joke.
_________________

Props to mike23md on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSS


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 6194
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Rob Turner's fine was $10,000. The fact that Turner's fine was less than a 1/4 of Pollard's is a joke.


I believe they take into account whether or not you are a repeat offender.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 35224
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Rob Turner's fine was $10,000. The fact that Turner's fine was less than a 1/4 of Pollard's is a joke.


I believe they take into account whether or not you are a repeat offender.
Which is fine. But Turner's hit was roughly 500 times more dangerous, dirty and illegal.
_________________

Props to mike23md on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSS


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 6194
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Rob Turner's fine was $10,000. The fact that Turner's fine was less than a 1/4 of Pollard's is a joke.


I believe they take into account whether or not you are a repeat offender.
Which is fine. But Turner's hit was roughly 500 times more dangerous, dirty and illegal.


I won't argue severity with you at all. I think Pollard's hit was clean, personally.

But I don't know for sure if the NFL takes severity or malicious intent into play when handing out fines.. Hard to say.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 59121
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad the Titans are making look smart predicting them to be beasts this year Laughing

I said it after your draft, you arguably had the best offseason.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mesa_Titan


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 59384
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Glad the Titans are making look smart predicting them to be beasts this year Laughing

I said it after your draft, you arguably had the best offseason.


We thought so as well. That added on to Zach Brown, Ayers, and Casey getting some more defense, and Morgan getting healthy I was pretty positive the defense was going to be nasty.

If the offense can get going I think we can contend.
_________________
mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 35224
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Rob Turner's fine was $10,000. The fact that Turner's fine was less than a 1/4 of Pollard's is a joke.


I believe they take into account whether or not you are a repeat offender.
Which is fine. But Turner's hit was roughly 500 times more dangerous, dirty and illegal.


I won't argue severity with you at all. I think Pollard's hit was clean, personally.

But I don't know for sure if the NFL takes severity or malicious intent into play when handing out fines.. Hard to say.
I'm not sure anyone actually knows what the NFL uses to decide how much fines are going to be. Laughing
_________________

Props to mike23md on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanTuff


Joined: 05 Sep 2010
Posts: 1566
Location: Mariota Marriott
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
I'm not sure anyone actually knows what the NFL uses to decide how much fines are going to be. Laughing





_________________


2017 Adopt-a-Titan
Delanie Walker
Amy Adams Strunk - MVP Owner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34
Page 34 of 34

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group