Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Team Needs Week 1
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Team Needs Week 1 Reply with quote

Biggest team needs for next offseason after week 1?

1. G - Pocket needs to be cleaner in the middle for Alex
2. WR - Avery is ok, but he won't take attention away from Bowe. Marquise Lee/Sammy Watkins will
3. TE - TE performance was not good yesterday. Ugh. Kelce, where are you my man?
4. QB - Alex was good, but he's still not elite. I want elite.
5. CB - Dunta only played like 20 snaps, but he's old, and he's not that great anymore.

you guys?

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
BigChiefin336

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Team Needs Week 1 Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:

2. WR - Avery is ok, but he won't take attention away from Bowe. Marquise Lee/Sammy Watkins will
3. TE - TE performance was not good yesterday. Ugh. Kelce, where are you my man?
5. CB - Dunta only played like 20 snaps, but he's old, and he's not that great anymore.

you guys?

I agree with most of the positions you listed, but differ in what order they should be in. I think CB is a huge need for this team. Dunta is old, and I believe Sean Smith only signed a one year deal. Not 100% sure on that. So next year we would only have Flowers, unless we can retain Smith in the offseason. LG is a position of need as well, I am not the biggest Allen fan. I think of him more as a guy who can play anywhere across the OL in a pinch, but not a good starter. TE/WR we could definitely use to take pressure off of Bowe. My top 5 positions of need right now are

1- CB
2- LG
3- WR2
4- TE
5- D-Line Depth
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. G - I've been saying from the beginning that Allen has shown nothing. I don't see him developing into anything useful. Schwartz was meh too, but he'll be replaced shortly by Asamoah.
2. TE - Hopefully fixed by Kelce. Fasano wasted some good opportunities, and did nothing this week to gain Alex's trust. Our #2 guy this week wasn't really a contributor.
3. WR - I'm not going to say what most have, and say we need something more across from Bowe. I'm going to say we need something more from Bowe. McCluster was our best target by far at WR. That, to me, is more of a problem from Bowe than from Avery, who we know isn't going to be a key target.
4. ILB - Akeem Jordan didn't really do much. Didn't mess up or anything, but I'm not optimistic. I'd like to see Nico get some time soon, but we'll see.
5. NB - Not as big a problem to me as most. I don't think the 4 S thing is a wrinkle, I think it is our depth chart. We need to stop thinking of players by their listed position, and think of them by where they're playing. We didn't have for players playing S. We had four players we think of as safeties playing a mixture of FS, SS, NB, CB, ILB, and OLB.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
24 catches, 307 yards, 3 TDs
TambaHawk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Team Needs Week 1 Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:

you guys?

The elite QB that you're looking for is on the team listed as the 3rd QB. Just a matter of time, my friend.

TambaHawk wrote:
Oh we are getting a Smith just not Geno Smith Laughing
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based solely on week 1:

1. OG
2. TE
3. WR
4. CB
5. DE/OLB (wherever Catapano doesn't play, we'll need depth).

Marquise Lee is a bad, bad man. Having him opposite Bowe would be a great duo. If Kelce can catch on and reach his potential, that would be a scary offense.

That said, none of our weapons will matter if Alex is on his back all the time. We need a guard and we need one badly. Very badly. Jeff Allen is every bit as bad at LG as Jordan Black was at LT. I wish I was exaggerating, but I'm not. He's THAT bad.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most important need:

a week 2 win ... Twisted Evil
omar72587

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Team Needs Week 1 Reply with quote

TambaHawk wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:

you guys?

The elite QB that you're looking for is on the team listed as the 3rd QB. Just a matter of time, my friend.

Confused Oh boy not another Ricky Stanzi....

In all honesty we need a dual threat qb. The league is changing and i think that we need to find a qb that can do it all. Alex Smith is good enough for now, but when we do decide to find that next qb I would prefer a QB that has the same skillset as Alex or better. Fast, smart, accurate decent arm strength. Anything else would just be a bonus.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll respond to others then post my own.

1. I'm pretty sure Sean Smith signed a 3 year deal.

2. Our WR will play better as Alex plays better and a lot of that has to do with our OL play. But absolutely a need.

3. Bray is elite...WOW...might be a touch early for that, he's not even consistent, and again he's 3rd on the depth chart for a reason. I like him, and honestly wouldn't have hated cutting/trading Daniel and going with him at 2, but if theirs a QBOTF sitting in the draft when we're picking, I'm not passing on him in hopes Bray can get his 3 cent brain out of the way of his ability.

4. Anyone else amazed we're already talking about how Alex could play better, let's remember what last season looked like for us...ok, now we can move forward.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My list

1. OG - Jeff Allen is as bad as I expected, Schwartz wasn't great
2. WR - Our depth is aweful...and I'm actually a big Hemmingway fan.
3. CB - Depth once we're passed Dunta who didn't play well is scary.
4. DE - I'd like us to get a guy who was a beast in the pass rush
5. RB - neither of our back-ups did much, now I think we're fine in reality but we're basing this off of the game.
omar72587

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
I'll respond to others then post my own.

1. I'm pretty sure Sean Smith signed a 3 year deal.

2. Our WR will play better as Alex plays better and a lot of that has to do with our OL play. But absolutely a need.

3. Bray is elite...WOW...might be a touch early for that, he's not even consistent, and again he's 3rd on the depth chart for a reason. I like him, and honestly wouldn't have hated cutting/trading Daniel and going with him at 2, but if theirs a QBOTF sitting in the draft when we're picking, I'm not passing on him in hopes Bray can get his 3 cent brain out of the way of his ability.

4. Anyone else amazed we're already talking about how Alex could play better, let's remember what last season looked like for us...ok, now we can move forward.

Agreed. As I already said for now alex smith gives us what we haven't had at qb in a long time. Think Trent Green and Tyler Thigpen hybrid (in terms of mobility Laughing ). If and when we do look for a qbotf, I hope that qb has alex's skill set or is better in terms of skill set (like an elite arm or something).
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also don't think we need in any way a "dual threat" qb. But rather a mobile QB. Aaron Rodgers isn't necessarily a dual threat, but he's certainly mobile enough.

Maybe I'm old school, but I'll trade a little bit of running ability for more arm strength any day.
omar72587

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
I also don't think we need in any way a "dual threat" qb. But rather a mobile QB. Aaron Rodgers isn't necessarily a dual threat, but he's certainly mobile enough.

Maybe I'm old school, but I'll trade a little bit of running ability for more arm strength any day.

I think Alex Smith and Rodgers are dual threat qbs. Teams don't necessarily game-plan for their running ability just because both qbs do not use their running ability unless they absolutely have to. Arm strength is nice to have in a qb but again I hope our next qb of the future that we get via draft trade or whatever I hope they can do it all. The game is changing and having a qb that is just only a pure pocket passer can be good and will also make your team exploitable for defenses.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cap space.

Sorry after that kind of performance, and our level of competition, much else would be jumping the gun or nit picking. If pressed I'd second the call for a LG and TE. TE is gonna be huge for our team as currently constructed, and after one week it was a disappointment.

^ryknowssd on the sig
samsel23

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Cap space.

Sorry after that kind of performance, and our level of competition, much else would be jumping the gun or nit picking. If pressed I'd second the call for a LG and TE. TE is gonna be huge for our team as currently constructed, and after one week it was a disappointment.

^^^

Our biggest needs will come from not being able to resign guys and coming from releases of current players.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think with the game being a blowout, they decided to sit Kelce. Might as well let him heal up an extra week before you give him some action. If there's no need to use him then why use him?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: