Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: Saints at Bucs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can is WOW. The defense yesterday was amazing and I'm proud of everybody on that side who really did everything in their power to keep us in the game. I can't remember the last time Tampa did a goalline stand on an opposing team. It was awesome to see Revis, Goldson, David, and Foster all have great individual efforts in the run game. You can already see how good Goldson really is. Once he puts his hands on a guy, he is going down with that tackle, no question. We made 1 mistake which was that Jimmy Graham wide open TD but other then that - great football aside from Black's dumb penalty. Watson and Foster both grabbing INT's is quite surprising to say the least against a QB like Brees.

Offensively, Doug Martin was the only player that decided to show up. Mike Williams had a bad game and Jackson wasn't making the plays he usually makes. Freeman is bad, like Mark Sanchez bad. Opening drive, where he throws that 5 yard slant to Mike Williams on 3rd down, he had the hot read WIDE open in Olgetree on the top left. The guy stares down WAY, WAY too much to be in his 5th year. Its like he doesn't know where these WR's are going to be so he just stares the whole time. Then he can't throw short passes well and he threw behind many of our WR's. He had Jackson open on a third down earlier in the game and he threw it behind him. I'm pretty much done with Freeman as of today. I know its 14 more games to play but at this rate this guy will not be back. Schiano doesn't even had confidence in his QB to win the game so it speaks volumes about how high he thinks of him. I do think Freeman can succeed elsewhere though in a better coached situation that allows him to use his mobility. Didn't see any bootlegs under center or many plays that got him on the run. Penn played a good game, better game anyway so that was good to see, Joseph too. All I'm say is, you got a back running for over 4.5+ YPC and your QB still plays like hot garbage its just time to hang it up. There's nothing else we can literally do to help the QB win games.
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, just wanted to say great game guys, I know it must be a tough loss. Though your defense looks like it'll be great for awhile!

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
Bucs00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before season i said that i will give Freeman this final season to prove himself. After this game i will have to take it back.

I cant belive how bad Freeman is playing right now. This was perfect game to earn back some respect, but he plays like a rookie. Defense gave him chance after chance and he cant even get a 1st down.

This was a toughest loss in a long time and that is a good thing. No more embarassing blowouts.
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you expect Freeman to do? Big passing plays cut off for procedure penalties, no calls from the officials on clear pass interference and drops from his receivers. Freeman probably should have had twice the yards and TDs. The interception was bad, no denying it. Some of his throws made it difficult for his receivers, but they're still plays pro receivers should make.

As for benching him, Glennon will not take us to the playoffs. There is not a QB available who could take us to the playoffs. It's becoming apparent that Freeman isn't the long term answer, particularly for Schiano. In my opinion, he is being thrown under the bus by Schiano as he is not his guy. Right now though, Josh Freeman is all we have. So whether you think he's the answer or not; get behind him. Publically at least. He needs confidence. And a confident Freeman can get the job done.

Doug Martin
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buc Ball wrote:
What do you expect Freeman to do? Big passing plays cut off for procedure penalties, no calls from the officials on clear pass interference and drops from his receivers. Freeman probably should have had twice the yards and TDs. The interception was bad, no denying it. Some of his throws made it difficult for his receivers, but they're still plays pro receivers should make.

As for benching him, Glennon will not take us to the playoffs. There is not a QB available who could take us to the playoffs. It's becoming apparent that Freeman isn't the long term answer, particularly for Schiano. In my opinion, he is being thrown under the bus by Schiano as he is not his guy. Right now though, Josh Freeman is all we have. So whether you think he's the answer or not; get behind him. Publically at least. He needs confidence. And a confident Freeman can get the job done.

so much fail in this post I dont even know where to begin so I will just keep it short and say I dont agree

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
Buc Ball wrote:

so much fail in this post I dont even know where to begin so I will just keep it short and say I dont agree

So you think Glennon could take us to the playoffs?

Doug Martin
BBando

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buc Ball wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
Buc Ball wrote:

Can Freeman?

garbage
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buc Ball wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
Buc Ball wrote:

No. But ask yourself a better question: Can Glennon do any worse than Freeman? I already said yesterday that if Glennon completes at least 50% of his passes, he will already be doing better than Freeman. On top of that, we already know Freeman is not the answer, we have seen what he can do. Glennon is fresh blood. What's the worst that can happen? We loose more games? What difference does it make if Freeman is loosing them for us or if Glennon is? The real difference is we get to find out if Glennon got any talent or if we need to go on a search for a QB(which we most likely will)

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buc Ball wrote:

You don't think Glennon will take us to the playoffs but Freeman will Laughing

"Freeman is being thrown under the bus"... oh man another Laughing

Did you just start watching Bucs game this year or what. Freeman has been a hack for years. R&P was wishing for Smith for crying out loud. Does that not tell you how bad Free is.

"Get behind him"... for what? Why support a guy who's walking dead and not helping in fact hurting our team.

Like Cali said epic fail!

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
Buc Ball wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
Buc Ball wrote:

Can Freeman?

Probably not.

But he gives us a better chance than Glennon. We put Glennon in, teams will load the box and make Glennon beat them. As Schiano said, shutting down Martin is the key to beating this team. Not really a position I want our potential QB of the future to be in considering how complex a passing offense we run and his relative experience in the system.

Doug Martin
ravishingone

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buc Ball wrote:
BBando wrote:
Buc Ball wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
Buc Ball wrote:

Can Freeman?

Probably not.

But he gives us a better chance than Glennon. We put Glennon in, teams will load the box and make Glennon beat them. As Schiano said, shutting down Martin is the key to beating this team. Not really a position I want our potential QB of the future to be in considering how complex a passing offense we run and his relative experience in the system.

I have been a Freeman supporter, but teams are already stacking the box against the offense now. Freeman looks like he has completely lost his confidence, and inevitably I believe a divorce will be beneficial for both sides.
blaine-stew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freeman should start every game to end the season, whether people like it or not it gives us the best chance of winning. Jackson and Williams dropped a few passes which was not Freemans fault and on some deep throws the receivers just couldn't make the play or else a penalty ruined the play (DOTSON). What I am most worried about is that there Is nobody besides Jackson Williams and Martin to step up on offense. Olgetree is just damn awful.

We should bring back Underwood (lol I know) and sign a veteran TE.

Also the defence were unreal last night, just think Schiano should of went for another run on 4th down as Martin was picking up solid chunks all game or punt it at least. Stupid going for a FG that long in them weather conditions

Also what the hell was Leonard Johnson doing covering Colston on the most important play of the game?

GIVE FREEMAN UNTIL THE END OF THE SEASON
BucBall_76

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blaine-stew wrote:
Freeman should start every game to end the season, whether people like it or not it gives us the best chance of winning. Jackson and Williams dropped a few passes which was not Freemans fault and on some deep throws the receivers just couldn't make the play or else a penalty ruined the play (DOTSON). What I am most worried about is that there Is nobody besides Jackson Williams and Martin to step up on offense. Olgetree is just damn awful.

Also the defence were unreal last night, just think Schiano should of went for another run on 4th down as Martin was picking up solid chunks all game or punt it at least. Stupid going for a FG that long in them weather conditions

Also what the hell was Leonard Johnson doing covering Colston on the most important play of the game?

Why? he obviously isnt the long term answer. i would rather see if Glennon could be that guy, than give Freeman more rope to hang himself.

Freeman could very well be a quality QB in the league, it just isnt going to happen here. I really do think they are trying to make him something hes not. The early Josh Freeman scrambled and made plays w/ his legs. A lot of people compared him to Big Ben. Now they want him to be a Brady-type( playing style wise).

"There's something to be said for guys that want to be Miami Hurricanes."- Al Golden - TBA Trust, Belief, Accountability
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
Buc Ball wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
Buc Ball wrote:

No. But ask yourself a better question: Can Glennon do any worse than Freeman? I already said yesterday that if Glennon completes at least 50% of his passes, he will already be doing better than Freeman. On top of that, we already know Freeman is not the answer, we have seen what he can do. Glennon is fresh blood. What's the worst that can happen? We loose more games? What difference does it make if Freeman is loosing them for us or if Glennon is? The real difference is we get to find out if Glennon got any talent or if we need to go on a search for a QB(which we most likely will)

I don't see the harm in putting Glennon in late in the season when he has more of the offense under his belt.

Part of my earlier point was that the receivers aren't helping Freeman's numbers. When receivers are making the drops that they are, that is going to impact his completion %. There were at least 3 drops last night as well as the play where Mike Williams couldn't get hs feet down in time. Add into that the penalty which wiped off the long TD and it changes his numbers significantly. Putting Glennon in at QB won't magically fix the poor play of our receivers.

I do agree though. We will be looking at a QB in round 1 this year.

Doug Martin
leadkills

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blaine-stew wrote:

Why should we give Freeman til the end of the season though? If Freeman hasn't been the answer the last few years and hasn't been so far this year, why not give the rookie a shot? If he loses games we draft the franchise guy and be contenders next year. (Thats in a perfect world btw)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 32 of 33

Jump to: