Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: Saints at Bucs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
DJC wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
DJC wrote:
Why are people calling for Dom's head? He's put together a solid team with a lot of talent. He's drafted plenty of good starters in Doug Martin, Lavonte David, Mason Foster, Adrian Clayborn, Gerald McCoy, Mike Will, Barron, Lorig and probably Banks & Spence. He's been smart when putting out big money to FA's as we haven't really missed yet on those. I don't think he's the problem. What holes has he left us with? Our D has been solid all around so far. A TE and slot receiver on offense won't make much difference with Free right now. Put a top 15 QB out there and we're probably a top 10 team.

Haha Questionable coaching. Lack of Franchise Qb. Btw, he hired Schiano and drafted Freeman. The first 2 drafts have been flops really. Bowers is a flop. And he';s missed on a lot of Free Agents.

If Greg Schiano goes, you think Dom is going to make the decision on another Head coach and another Franchise QB when he missed twice already?

If Schiano is fired then yes, Dom's time is up. But I still think it's too soon for that, atleast give the coach a chance with a real damn QB.

Every GM is going to have his hits/misses. Polian, Belichick, Ozzie, etc have all had their fair share of mistakes. You don''t judge a GM by his misses though, you judge them on their overall body of work and the team they've assembled. Dom's has got us Pro Bowl caliber players on our O-Line, receiving corps, backfield, defensive line, linebacking corps, and secondary. All of those starting units are above average too. He really hasn't left any gaping holes for us besides QB at this point, so I guess his main flaw right now is having too much faith in Freeman and building around him.

The overall body of work? We have 1 winning season in 4 years. It'd be 5 if we continue at this rate. We've been in rebuild mode since 2009.

The progress right now, should be playoffs. Dom will not get another chance to draft a franchise QB when he failed on the first 1. It's a harsh business, but true.

His overall body of work in that he's put together a very solid football team out there for us. If you want to castrate him for giving one of the most polarizing QBs in the league too many chances, fine, I just think he deserves to see his team through with a legit QB. Imagine if Baltimore gave up on Ozzie Newsome after he missed on Kyle Boller. In my opinion, he's one of the best, if not the best, GM's in the league today and he'd be out of a job if it was up to most of y'all because the first QB he picked busted and the Ravens struggled his first few years he was there.
DJC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
DJC wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
DJC wrote:
Why are people calling for Dom's head? He's put together a solid team with a lot of talent. He's drafted plenty of good starters in Doug Martin, Lavonte David, Mason Foster, Adrian Clayborn, Gerald McCoy, Mike Will, Barron, Lorig and probably Banks & Spence. He's been smart when putting out big money to FA's as we haven't really missed yet on those. I don't think he's the problem. What holes has he left us with? Our D has been solid all around so far. A TE and slot receiver on offense won't make much difference with Free right now. Put a top 15 QB out there and we're probably a top 10 team.

Haha Questionable coaching. Lack of Franchise Qb. Btw, he hired Schiano and drafted Freeman. The first 2 drafts have been flops really. Bowers is a flop. And he';s missed on a lot of Free Agents.

If Greg Schiano goes, you think Dom is going to make the decision on another Head coach and another Franchise QB when he missed twice already?

If Schiano is fired then yes, Dom's time is up. But I still think it's too soon for that, atleast give the coach a chance with a real damn QB.

Every GM is going to have his hits/misses. Polian, Belichick, Ozzie, etc have all had their fair share of mistakes. You don''t judge a GM by his misses though, you judge them on their overall body of work and the team they've assembled. Dom's has got us Pro Bowl caliber players on our O-Line, receiving corps, backfield, defensive line, linebacking corps, and secondary. All of those starting units are above average too. He really hasn't left any gaping holes for us besides QB at this point, so I guess his main flaw right now is having too much faith in Freeman and building around him.

I agree, Schiano deserves the chance to draft his guy. But if he loses the locker room, he's got to be fired. Same thing happened to Raheem. In retrospect, I don't think Raheem was a bad coach. He was a great motivator and managed to put together a 10-win season with 10 rookies starting and a joke of a coaching staff. Even in the first 10-11 games of the 2011 season, the team was competitive. But he lost the locker room, games got ugly, and it was time for a change. The same thing could unfortunately happen to Schiano. It's up to the veterans to make sure the younger guys don't quit on their coach.

It seems like both coaches are the two extremes for both sides of coaching. Raheem was too much of a player's coach, Schiano may be too hard-nosed and difficult to play for. The penalties are embarrassing and inexcusable, but it's hard to put the blame on him all the time as a fan as we don't really know who was responsible. We have seasoned vets making these mistakes, is it really Schiano's coaching that's making them undisciplined and seemingly just forgot basic football rules and techniques?
BucBall_76

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJC wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
DJC wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
DJC wrote:

I agree, Schiano deserves the chance to draft his guy. But if he loses the locker room, he's got to be fired. Same thing happened to Raheem. In retrospect, I don't think Raheem was a bad coach. He was a great motivator and managed to put together a 10-win season with 10 rookies starting and a joke of a coaching staff. Even in the first 10-11 games of the 2011 season, the team was competitive. But he lost the locker room, games got ugly, and it was time for a change. The same thing could unfortunately happen to Schiano. It's up to the veterans to make sure the younger guys don't quit on their coach.

It seems like both coaches are the two extremes for both sides of coaching. Raheem was too much of a player's coach, Schiano may be too hard-nosed and difficult to play for. The penalties are embarrassing and inexcusable, but it's hard to put the blame on him all the time as a fan as we don't really know who was responsible. We have seasoned vets making these mistakes, is it really Schiano's coaching that's making them undisciplined and seemingly just forgot basic football rules and techniques?

Agree. Ive always thought as a WR u always ask the ref if u are on the line or off. you always see that, how can they flag u if u just asked them?

"There's something to be said for guys that want to be Miami Hurricanes."- Al Golden - TBA Trust, Belief, Accountability
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucs Offense: Complete trash with Freeman. Would be pretty damn good with anyone else.

Bucs Defense: Top 5 in the NFL and will be for a number of years with the players we have.

I think that since Schiano signed a 5 year deal and has clearly assembled a nasty defense that is completely handicapped by the horrible QB we call Freeman, no coaches or GM get fired. However, if Schaino lays the same egg next season, I think he is gone with Dom. We just need to give him a chance to get his guy at QB. Dom knows his job is on the line if the new QB isn't good so they both understand the severity of this issue.

Why would they spend a 3rd round pick on Glennon if they don't think he is the guy? They can't think he is the guy can they? What was that pick about?

So you remember how the Glazers pushed for us to trade everything for Gruden? They watch the games too and see what's going on. They see that we have a nasty defense and an above average offense that has a hell of a lot of potential with a decent QB. What if they tell Dom to give up a crap ton of picks to get a true Franchise QB as the last push to win, like when we did it for Gruden.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
BBando

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just need a damn QB.

garbage
BucBall_76

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
Bucs Offense: Complete trash with Freeman. Would be pretty damn good with anyone else.

Bucs Defense: Top 5 in the NFL and will be for a number of years with the players we have.

I think that since Schiano signed a 5 year deal and has clearly assembled a nasty defense that is completely handicapped by the horrible QB we call Freeman, no coaches or GM get fired. However, if Schaino lays the same egg next season, I think he is gone with Dom. We just need to give him a chance to get his guy at QB. Dom knows his job is on the line if the new QB isn't good so they both understand the severity of this issue.

Why would they spend a 3rd round pick on Glennon if they don't think he is the guy? They can't think he is the guy can they? What was that pick about?

So you remember how the Glazers pushed for us to trade everything for Gruden? They watch the games too and see what's going on. They see that we have a nasty defense and an above average offense that has a hell of a lot of potential with a decent QB. What if they tell Dom to give up a crap ton of picks to get a true Franchise QB as the last push to win, like when we did it for Gruden.

I would only do it for a proven NFL QB. If they mortgage the future on a college QB prospect and he flames out, we are in the same position in 5 years. i dont see any QB prospects on Andrew Lucks level this year. thats just me.

"There's something to be said for guys that want to be Miami Hurricanes."- Al Golden - TBA Trust, Belief, Accountability
BBando

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One guy I want to give credit to is Cox JR. The front seven looks great.

garbage
ramblinbuc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the whole defense is looking pretty good, a little baffling that TE are getting so much production but I hope that will be discussed and improved. Man, not to beat a dead horse but all the pieces seem to be there for us to contend, minus the most important piece....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing: I thought Bennett was damaged goods Mark Dominik. He harrassed Kaepernick all night going against that Niner Oline. Inside and at LDE. Sheesh and Dom let him walk for Bowers?
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Havent watched the game yet, just saw the end at work...UGH. Terrible, terrible day.

I did notice that we lead the league in sacks, and our defense played DARN good. I'll wait to comment specifically on the game til I watch it...

Ive supported Free as long as I can, but unless he plays LIGHTS OUT over the next two games, I see us switching to Glennon after the bye week. It's over between us. We are a laughing stock right now. With Martin and a good line, we shouldnt have to ask too much out of Glennon, but I would rather see what we have on him this year and figure out our QB situation asap.

Last thing, My adopt a buc change at the last minute seems to be paying off! Go Mase Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
We just need a damn QB.

Freeman needs to play better no doubt.

This is the 5th time in Schiano's tenure here that we have lost in the final minute of a football game. Coaching scared, and playing not to lose doesn't get you far in the NFL. You have to finish.

On a positive note, I haven't seen our defense play that we well since the Sapp/Brooks/Lynch days. It's a damn crime that their effort was wasted.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't believe we lost that game.I feel so bad for the defense they played an awesome game! We held Brees under 300 yards passing I think and he had more interceptions then he did touchdowns.

These refs clearly don't want us to win. I saw it against the Jets and saw it last night against the Saints. That Clayborn hit was as clean as it gets. But Brees fumbled and held his knee so a flag must come out. That was one penalty that I was furious about. I don't want this team to ztop woth the physical play. But theres a difference. Blacks hit on Graham was a dumb one.

The offense didn't look good but you can't put ot all on Freeman I saw him throw multiple balls that should of been caught. Jackson dropped atleast 2 and Williams drags that foot 9 out of 10 times. He dis throw an interception and that was a dumb throw.

Theae Refs cost us the game. Its a shame what this league has become. A big hit now a days no matter wherw it is will be a flag. I say we sfart hitting low. Take away players season idgaf anymore.

Edit - Brees threw for 322. That last drive is what put him over 300.

Last edited by ABucNBradenton on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABucNBradenton wrote:
Can't believe we lost that game.I feel so bad for the defense they played an awesome game! We held Brees under 300 yards passing I think and he had more interceptions then he did touchdowns.

These refs clearly don't want us to win. I saw it against the Jets and saw it last night against the Saints. That Clayborn hit was as clean as it gets. But Brees fumbled and held his knee so a flag must come out. That was one penalty that I was furious about. I don't want this team to ztop woth the physical play. But theres a difference. Blacks hit on Graham was a dumb one.

The offense didn't look good but you can't put ot all on Freeman I saw him throw multiple balls that should of been caught. Jackson dropped atleast 2 and Williams drags that foot 9 out of 10 times. He dis throw an interception and that was a dumb throw.

Theae Refs cost us the game. Its a shame what this league has become. A big hit now a days no matter wherw it is will be a flag. I say we sfart hitting low. Take away players season idgaf anymore.

I miss Barth. He would have made that no problem, and we would have won the game most likely....Barth was the man...

Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
BBando wrote:
We just need a damn QB.

On a positive note, I haven't seen our defense play that we well since the Sapp/Brooks/Lynch days. It's a damn crime that their effort was wasted.

I was thinking this myself. If Freeman was a competent QB, I feel like we could have lost by 14+. Tampa's D was sick, wouldn't let the Saints O come close to getting in a rhythm. Had to rely on big shots, and you can't always do that. The D will win you guys some games, but as soon as the O improves (especially at QB), you guys will be competing for the South. Good luck guys.

Adopt-A-Saint:
Kenny Vaccaro 28 Tkls 2 PD 1 SCK
Ben Watson 9 Rec 64 Yds
ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
BBando wrote:
We just need a damn QB.

I was thinking this myself. If Freeman was a competent QB, I feel like we could have lost by 14+. Tampa's D was sick, wouldn't let the Saints O come close to getting in a rhythm. Had to rely on big shots, and you can't always do that. The D will win you guys some games, but as soon as the O improves (especially at QB), you guys will be competing for the South. Good luck guys.

The defense is nasty. In this day of age though the league doesn't allow good defenses. They want the league to be like college or a video game where offenses are putting up 500+ yards and 50 points a game. That sack fumble on Brees was such a horrible call is makes me not want to watcg football. If he took that shot down low Saints fans would be waving goodbye to him for the season. He was hit in his side and held his knee and got a flag. If the ref made the right call Tampa recovered the fumble and was in Fg range. Plus on that same drive I believe the Saints scored a TD.

This offense started off slow last year too. When they start rollin this team is going to be a team to watch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 31 of 33

Jump to: