You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: Saints at Bucs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 31, 32, 33  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
I think we're the 2nd to worst team behind the Jaguars

we arent that bad...

man overactions of week 1 are too much

For REAL!!!!

I dont think you guys all realize that were a QB away from being a contender. Freeman might suck but the rest of out team is pretty damn good
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:

we arent that bad...

That's just how bad I think the Jets are and we lost to them

Besides I like to keep the expectations low it keeps my anxiety level low Smile
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if we had managed to beat the Jets, I would still pick the Saints to beat us.

I like Free but damn is he all over the place. Throw in all the three man rushes we'll have on defense and we're pretty screwed.

I'd love to be proven wrong but I don't see it.
5nick5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure where to go with my prediction for the game, but I will say that I think we match up better with the Saints. The Saints are a great team with a much better defense than last year (that goes without saying), but I still think we match up better with them than we did against the Jets.

I like this pass rush against teams without mobile QBs. I think we can get a few hits in on Brees Sunday, which is better than the maybe 3 or 4 hits we had on him last year in 2 combined games.

The secondary really needs to step up this game. I thought Revis, Goldson, and even Barron played really solid games last week, but somebody like Banks or Johnson needs to step it up this week. Both of those guys were really disappointing last week. The LBs also need to step up their coverage. I like this team as a blitzing team, but in this particular matchup, the LBs need to really focus on RBs coming out on screens, that killed us last week and Brees could do damage tossing it out to Sproles on a screen. The Saints have a good o-line, but our 4-man rush simply needs to get there and quick, so no more stunts Sheridan! We've got one of the most physical d-lines in the league, let them get nasty!

I'm looking for Freeman to bounce back. Like I said, the Saints are better on defense than last year, but let's keep in mind that Freeman was playing the #2 pass defense from a year ago. And if his receivers can avoid drops and the o-line can give him some more time in the pocket, he can have a big game. I'd like to see him run more to make the defense cheat up, but Schiano and Sullivan seem committed to making him something that he's not, a pocket passer.

This should be an interesting game. I'm not convinced after week 1 that we're a bad team just because we lost to the Jets. I actually think the Jets are an underrated squad and that you guys have been watching too much ESPN this offseason. Week 2 won't tell us what this team's going to be, but a good game against a quality opponent will let us know that this team can still be competitive this season.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
tallflguy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game 2 of the last year Freeman is with the Bucs.

Here is my take on the game:

Really the only way the Bucs have any chance of winning the game is keeping Brees on the bench. Long sustained drives with heavy use of Martin on the ground and using play action off that, but.......... that won't happen and the defense doesn't have an answer for Jimmy Graham.

Saints 45
Bucs 13

Freeman throws 2 picks.
Buccaneer Bruce

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

31-10 Saints. Bucs offensive line is possibly the worst in the league now. Freeman/Martin don't stand a chance behind those guys.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:

we arent that bad...

For REAL!!!!

I dont think you guys all realize that were a QB away from being a contender. Freeman might suck but the rest of out team is pretty damn good

To be fair, the QB is the most important piece by far. So we're only the most important piece away.

I feel like we're the worst, most talented team in the league.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:

we arent that bad...

For REAL!!!!

To be fair, the QB is the most important piece by far. So we're only the most important piece away.

I feel like we're the worst, most talented team in the league.

I will take it one step further Very Happy

We are the most talented team in the league that doesn't have a franchise qb.

Adopt-a-Buc Jameis Winston 4,090 YDs 28 TDs 18 INTs
BucsCanesFan6

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:

we arent that bad...

Seriously this.

Also I guess I'll be the first to predict a Bucs win.

Bucs - 24
Saints - 20

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said in your last GDT, you guys have too much talent to be down on yourselves as much as some of you are.

I think this game, Saints roll because we're playing with a TON of confidence right now. I predicted the best Saints defensive performance we've seen in quite a few years. That said, you guys always play us hard and it could go either way. Even if the Saints blow the Bucs out this week, they could just as easily lose to the Bucs next time the teams face off.

PS: I really like Greg Schiano. Don't tell anyone, but I don't actually dislike the Bucs, like, at all.
ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I don't see this as a loss.

I can't imagine Schiano letting this team come out and play sloppy like they did against the Jets. Plus its the home opener. i dont think we will have to worry about communication issues this week. This defense played good against the Jets but aknowledged they need to clean things up.Hopefully Revis can get his hands on one. I can't wait to see these Saints recievers attempt to cross the middle.

I don't have much to say about Josh. Its so hard to tell with him. The offensive line took a lot of blame for the loss. Both Penn and Joseph said they need to get better. Run block and pass protecting. Doug had a horrible game against the Jets. Looked in descisive and dropped multiple passes. I know he is gonna take ot upon himself to get back to probowl foem. I say he will be a big reason why we beat the saints.

I see This game being either 31-17 Bucs or 31-24 Bucs with Saints scoring a late td.

P

Martin has 2 Tds
Freeman has 1 Passing Td
Defense is responsible for a touchdown
Lindell hits a Fg
TB Doug22

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TB 34-31 NO

Freeman will come out, and with help from the running game, will play a lot better. (Maybe optimistic, but I'll support Freeman until he is gone.) Revis will shutdown Colston. The only question is stopping Graham, which won't happen, meaning this match will be a shootout. I can easily see Graham grabbing 150 yards, 3 TD this week.

The only thing that can stop us is penalties, and Freeman. Got to keep the faith in this team. Lose one game and the season isn't over.
Bucs00

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one will be a hard game to win.

Saints played strong against Falcons. Honestly, i didnt expect them to be this good even with Payton back.

Jets game was a wake up call for Bucs or at least i hope it was. The whole team needs to step up if they want to win this one. Both teams have a lot to prove. This will be either blowout or most epic and intense home game in a long time.

27-28 for the Saints.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to explain my negative attitude to those who are saying "it's just one loss!" Those of you saying that are correct. It does not define the season.

What has me sent over the edge, though, is the fashion in which the loss happened. If we could all agree that the team looked good but the Jets played better, fine with me. Good game to them. But we played horribly sloppy and lost to a rookie QB starting his first game.

Freeman tends to stay in these slumps for a month or so (especially with good teams coming up on the schedule). Last year after we lost handily to the Broncos, some of us were saying "It's just one loss! We're still 6-5" but Freeman played like hot garbage for the next 4 weeks and we didn't recover until it no longer mattered.

I don't know if he has no work ethic, or a terrible psyche for an NFL QB, but I can no longer remain hopeful while Freeman makes his wild throws and then looks so whiny on the field about it. Not to say that none of you guys have watched the games, but I've seen this show one too many times. I'd love to be proven wrong, but right now I think the guy is a lost cause. Good QBs don't play the way Freeman did last week. Period. Good QBs still look like good QBs who are having a bad game, but Freeman doesn't.
RB4TampaBay

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am tired of getting all excited about the Bucs, then watch that embarrassing spectacle that we saw last Sunday against the Jets. To me, the Jets are the weakest team that we will play this year, and with a rookie QB starting his first NFL game, playing against our QB starting his 5th year, the rookie outplayed Freeman. Many times our defense looked good, yes, actually a vast improvement, but penalties erased many of those plays.

The offense was bad, especially the O-line. The defenders were pouring through them all game long. We don't have a TE that can catch, Martin often could not even get out of the back field running the ball before being tackled, and Josh kept missing receivers with his passes, some by as much as 7 yards. He would make a few good passes, then miss several others (same o, same o).

Special teams did much better, for now that is not the weak point of the team.

When the Bucs start playing as though they are professionals and begin playing competitive football, then maybe I can begin to think of them winning a game, but no more blind faith, they have to show me first. I'm tired of all of the hype and talk, but not coming through with the results.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 2 of 33

Jump to: