Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: Saints at Bucs
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Week 2: Saints at Bucs Reply with quote

After that dreadful loss last week, I still have not given up home on the season. I will give it one more week. Call me crazy but I think we can beat the Saints. Last week our team faced one of the better trenches in the league. Jets O-line is a lot better than the Saints, and the Jets D-line is a hell of a lot better than the Saints. On top of that, the Saints do not have that 2009 O-line anymore so getting pressure on Brees is not that hard. If we can get our run game going, protect Freeman a little better and play mistake free football(not keeping 3rd down drives alive by stupid penalties) I dont see why we cant win

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
BucsCanesFan6

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be nice if we played a FB to help Doug out.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two words to describe why we'll lose: Drew Brees.
nate340

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be flying down to Tampa for this one can't wait. It'll be my first game at RJ. I came away impressed by our D last week. I really liked the way they flew around. I hope we continue to play well on that side. Hopefully we can get some pressure on Brees. On the the offense I hope a focused team shows up. Freeman has to play better, we all know his struggles from the QB thread. I'd like to see better play calling as well. Settling for that field goal cost us the game last week. Say what you want about Davids penalty but I feel like we should have gone for a TD.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saints: 34
Bucs: 13

No surprises here, Brees will eat us up, Freeman will crumble, and the game will be basically over by the 3rd quarter.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just like to say, I really can't stand the Bucs right now! Evil or Very Mad

I picked you guys to win against the Jets in the General Thread Survivor pool! And look where that got me! Out in the first week! AAAARRGGGHHH. Now I know how the Falcons feel with all their 1 and dones!

Ok, now that I got that out of my system, I think this will be a good game. Division game, so anything goes, and the Bucs always play the Saints tough.

However, Calibucsfan, you're delusional if you think the Jets O-line is better than the Saints. I think you're also in for a surprise from the Saints D-line.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saints D-line is the strength of the defense and played really well against Atlanta. They even got a lot of pressure on 3 man rushes. Especially on the last play of the game, Cam Jordan beat a triple team to the inside, forcing Ryan to back peddle. He had a monster game as far as hurries, even though he didn't record a sack. If it continues, I'm not so sure the Jets d-line would be way better as you say.

"That was not their 2012 defense," added Falcons coach Mike Smith

"He (Matt Ryan) was hit entirely too many times today," Smith said.

Last edited by Pookie on Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
However, Calibucsfan, you're delusional if you think the Jets O-line is better than the Saints. I think you're also in for a surprise from the Saints D-line.

Disagree. Jets have better trenches. And I actually watched the ATL game and they were in Brees face all day

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
Pookie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
SWATcha wrote:

Disagree. Jets have better trenches. And I actually watched the ATL game and they were in Brees face all day

Going by the Atlanta game, this is true. I think the offense played like crap. If the O was clicking, Atlanta would've been blown out the way the defense was playing
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pookie wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
SWATcha wrote:

Going by the Atlanta game, this is true. I think the offense played like crap. If the O was clicking, Atlanta would've been blown out the way the defense was playing

The Saints Oline isn't great, but isn't horrible. Plus this QB, I think many heard of him, Drew Brees, gets the ball out quickly and shreds defenses, so his o-line doesn't have to be great.

Our pass rush, after re-watching the Jets game, wasn't the best when it came to the front 4 dlineman. You cannot blitz Drew Brees like we did to Geno Smith. That's going to be the difference. If our DLINE cannot get to Brees, we're toast.

Either way, I see it 31-10 Saints. Freeman is inept. 12 first downs against New Orleans won't cut it.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really am holding hope but we'll see what happens. BTW our O-line is ALOT better then ATL's, still not worried about their d-line IF NICKS plays.

I hope Lorig and Nicks are back this week. We need both

#TradeUpForTeddy
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we're the 2nd to worst team behind the Jaguars
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez. Bucs fans give up quick Laughing You guys have a very good defense and Doug Martin will get it going, especially when Nicks comes back. I don't expect this game to be a blow out.

Saints - 34
Bucs - 24

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Jeez. Bucs fans give up quick Laughing You guys have a very good defense and Doug Martin will get it going, especially when Nicks comes back. I don't expect this game to be a blow out.

Saints - 34
Bucs - 24

No QB= No consistency. See Cheifs from 2012.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
I think we're the 2nd to worst team behind the Jaguars

we arent that bad...

man overactions of week 1 are too much

#TradeUpForTeddy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 1 of 33

Jump to: