Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: The Manning Bowl Peyton (1-0)@Eli(0-1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Whose Cooler
Peyton
95%
 95%  [ 23 ]
Eli
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 24

AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
There's one weakness on this team, and it's glaring, but simple. We can't kill a clock with the run.

Same as last week. It'll catch up to us. It appears to me that we have basically no commitment to the run, it's used only as a filler.

The 1st half we had 30+ pass attempts to 10 runs. 2nd half the running game finally looked like we know how and actually had more attempts than the passing game.

Right now I'm not much of a fan of our game plans. Track meet stuff is fine but that isn't always there.

With the size and strength we have from the center right I can't figure out why we don't pound it a bit more. Really makes O Linemen happy and our right side could really wear down some teams.

See, I have no problem with our gameplan. Very few teams are going to be able to defend our offense as is. Teams just don't have the skill depth necessary to do so.

I agree we need to run more, and hell if Knowshon keeps playing like this, that's really all the run game we need, but I don't think you can argue with the results so far, especially in games we were predicted to lose by some preseason.

I'd guess we'll disagree here but let me emphasize my point a bit.

We've not shown the ability to control the ball or the clock at all. In our 1st two games we've only had 4 drives over 3 minutes. 12 punts in those two games and average drive length of about 1:45.

Yes we have amazing quick strike ability. Can't deny that. As far as wearing teams down though we don't.

IMO our defense, specifically our run D has been the key to our 1st two wins, not our offense. Our 1st two opponents combined for 82 yards in 40 carries. We're getting off the field on 3rd and 4th as so far teams are 9 for 35 in conversions. In short, our D just keeps handing it back to our O by downs or turnovers.

Then we either score or punt within the next two minutes.

IMO that approach will catch up to us. The first team we face that can establish some ball control may well beat us. Our D will be on the field forever and worn down by the 4th.

A different philosophy I guess. Just seems like with the size and strength of our OL we'd be pounding on teams a bit more. I'd love to see what Shanahan would do with this kind of talent.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 minute video of a mic'ed up Moreno and Wolfe.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Micd-Up-Moreno-and-Wolfe/8230be0f-531e-48de-b002-15107b4dbbd9
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how we can play ok in the first half and then kick butt. I think we have a few problems, namely, 1) No pass rush, 2) Not much of a running game, and 3) First half.

1 will be fine for now and with our run D the way it is we can always blitz on passing plays without having to worry about the run. 2 doesn't worry me at all really because it's not bad, it's good enough. 3 needs some work because we can't always rely on a great second half, we need to put the hammer down early.

Other notes:
- Trindon Holliday has ridonkulous short-area burst and of course, long speed
- Our defensive front is a brick.... house.
- TC needs to turn his head
- DRC & Harris are really good
- Once Von gets back, look out
- Decker and the dropsies Sad

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
4 minute video of a mic'ed up Moreno and Wolfe.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Micd-Up-Moreno-and-Wolfe/8230be0f-531e-48de-b002-15107b4dbbd9

Knowshon quoting Drake. Swag

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: