Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: The Manning Bowl Peyton (1-0)@Eli(0-1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Whose Cooler
Peyton
95%
 95%  [ 23 ]
Eli
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 24

TheChosen186

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Clady and Duke said they'll be fine. I'll take their word for it.

Even though I think Bailey is a bit overrated and has been living off of his name in the past years, he is still an upgrade over having Tony Carter playing. I'd much rather have Bailey be a #1/#2 CB than have Carter be the #3 CB.
roar2014

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheChosen186 wrote:
Both Clady and Duke said they'll be fine. I'll take their word for it.

Even though I think Bailey is a bit overrated and has been living off of his name in the past years, he is still an upgrade over having Tony Carter playing. I'd much rather have Bailey be a #1/#2 CB than have Carter be the #3 CB.

Completely disagree with you there buddy.

Bailey has been tops in the league. Losing his speed, mostly has to do with age.

Check this article out, its really good.
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/no-champ-bailey-isnt-sucking
mke1010

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why Carter gets dissed a lot. All this guy does is show up and play. Yes there are physical limitations to his game but each year he forces his way on to the field. Today was not his best day but I guarantee you when Bailey gets back you will still see Carter a lot on the field.
TheChosen186

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roar2014 wrote:

Bailey has been tops in the league. Losing his speed, mostly has to do with age.

I don't think Bailey is bad. I just don't think he is a top 2 CB on this team anymore which might be a testimony to how good the Broncos DBs are. I think both DRC and Harris are better than Bailey at this point. Harris posted tremendous coverage stats according to PFF last season (was ranked 5th among CBs). I think Harris is just underrated really.

http://broncoplanet.com/forum/chris-harris-primed-to-breakout-in-2013/

Quote:
Harris was ranked as the fifth-best cornerback by PFF in 2012, five spots higher than veteran Champ Bailey. Itís not a discredit to Bailey, either, Harris is that good.

Bailey is easily better than Tony Carter though which is why I hope he returns as soon as he can instead of staying out. Tony Carter will play only in dime situations when Bailey returns and that is where he belongs.

Last edited by TheChosen186 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total
ihatepotholes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched the whole game and came away with this, our pass rush is next to non existence. Our LBs are fast but they are undersized, We'll have a lot of problems against physical teams like Seahawks and 9ers.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
There's one weakness on this team, and it's glaring, but simple. We can't kill a clock with the run.

Same as last week. It'll catch up to us. It appears to me that we have basically no commitment to the run, it's used only as a filler.

The 1st half we had 30+ pass attempts to 10 runs. 2nd half the running game finally looked like we know how and actually had more attempts than the passing game.

Right now I'm not much of a fan of our game plans. Track meet stuff is fine but that isn't always there.

With the size and strength we have from the center right I can't figure out why we don't pound it a bit more. Really makes O Linemen happy and our right side could really wear down some teams.
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
There's one weakness on this team, and it's glaring, but simple. We can't kill a clock with the run.

Same as last week. It'll catch up to us. It appears to me that we have basically no commitment to the run, it's used only as a filler.

The 1st half we had 30+ pass attempts to 10 runs. 2nd half the running game finally looked like we know how and actually had more attempts than the passing game.

Right now I'm not much of a fan of our game plans. Track meet stuff is fine but that isn't always there.

With the size and strength we have from the center right I can't figure out why we don't pound it a bit more. Really makes O Linemen happy and our right side could really wear down some teams.

See, I have no problem with our gameplan. Very few teams are going to be able to defend our offense as is. Teams just don't have the skill depth necessary to do so.

I agree we need to run more, and hell if Knowshon keeps playing like this, that's really all the run game we need, but I don't think you can argue with the results so far, especially in games we were predicted to lose by some preseason.

Thanks, Tzimisce
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
TC had a kinda rough day. Nice for him to get a little present

He was with his man step for step much of the day. He has an aggressive style and some times flags will be called against him simply cos that's how he plays.
Yes, he had a rough day- doesn't necessarily mean he played poorly. Chris Harris had a difficult time hanging with Cruz. Nice he got the present off Tony Carter's heel.

I'm a TC fan, but his style isn't worth anything if he doesn't turn his head. That's gonna get called the majority of the time. It didn't kill us today, he just has to improve that.

And that is really all he has to do...just turn your freak'n head around and it turns into a nice play versus a penalty. He is always in stride with the WR...and it is good defense...but the refs will never see it that way.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2-0

This win certainly feels more earned than the thrashing of a depleted Ravens team. And hey, our run D was solid for long stretches again, we started out fast (hold on to the ball, Ball), made good adjustments. Only: why in the world would we put a slower Harris on Cruz instead of DRC in the first place?

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
by Joe_is_the_best
TheChosen186

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
2-0

This win certainly feels more earned than the thrashing of a depleted Ravens team. And hey, our run D was solid for long stretches again, we started out fast (hold on to the ball, Ball), made good adjustments. Only: why in the world would we put a slower Harris on Cruz instead of DRC in the first place?

Harris is the slot CB and the nickel CB, so he is use to these matchups. Nicks is also bigger than Cruz like DRC is bigger than Harris. I am not sure who Bailey would have taken if he were playing though.

Broncos line getting bigger is the ultimate improvement of the Broncos run D. Dumervil was a huge liability in that part. He wasn't even that good of a pass rusher either. This team is going to be scary when Von comes back
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheChosen186 wrote:
roar2014 wrote:

I don't think Bailey is bad. I just don't think he is a top 2 CB on this team anymore which might be a testimony to how good the Broncos DBs are. I think both DRC and Harris are better than Bailey at this point. Harris posted tremendous coverage stats according to PFF last season (was ranked 5th among CBs). I think Harris is just underrated really.

http://broncoplanet.com/forum/chris-harris-primed-to-breakout-in-2013/

Quote:
Harris was ranked as the fifth-best cornerback by PFF in 2012, five spots higher than veteran Champ Bailey. Itís not a discredit to Bailey, either, Harris is that good.

Bailey is easily better than Tony Carter though which is why I hope he returns as soon as he can instead of staying out. Tony Carter will play only in dime situations when Bailey returns and that is where he belongs.

I wouldn't say Bailey is the third best CB, however, I do believe there is merit to what you are saying about him. Bailey is still a very good player. He isn't as good as he once was, but I think you may be short selling him a bit, as he is still better than most CBs.

I don't think it's any stretch to say as of now DRC is the best CB on the team.

I will say, I think in a way it's good Champ is out right now, so we can see what life post-Bailey will be like. Denver still has a nice young secondary group out there, and if Webster/Bolden make strides (more likely KW) it will be even better. I'm encouraged by the play of all the young guys.

Sidenote, Rahim Moore is really, really good at safety. He has lapses from time to time, which needs to be fixed, but honestly, he's grown so much and that play he made yesterday for the INT is one he wouldn't have made before.

Thanks, Tzimisce
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about that run Defense? I mentioned Kevin Vickerson as my #2 player of the week last week, and he was a grown [inappropriate/removed] man again yesterday. I don't even remember the last time I saw a Denver Defense stop the run as easy as we are with 7 man fronts. Granted, we have a lot of weight at DE in our base which is having an effect on our pass rush, but still - if we can stop the run then we are going to be a tough team to beat.

I agree with Elliot that as was the case last year, I don't think this team can run the ball effectively when a Defense knows we are going to run the ball. To be fair, not many teams can do this, and if we can give Manning a shot on 3rd and 4 or less then I will take that with a lead in the 4th quarter.

You could see that whenever Ball was in the game, the Giants were playing for the run. They know that we don't trust Ball in pass pro and he isn't a threat in the passing game. Moreno is still an average runner to me, but he ran really hard yesterday and he caught all 3 balls thrown to him. Knowshon has to be the one leading our backfield against a very stingy Raider run Defense next week.

I agree the pass rush is certainly a concern, but that isn't going to be what loses us the game next week if we lose. It's going to be a totally different game plan but I think our Defense is really suited to face Pryor. With the way our front 4 is defending the run, we don't need our LB's to commit early to defend the run and we have a lot of speed at LB to deal with Pryor on keepers.

MUFC OK
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
How about that run Defense? I mentioned Kevin Vickerson as my #2 player of the week last week, and he was a grown [inappropriate/removed] man again yesterday. I don't even remember the last time I saw a Denver Defense stop the run as easy as we are with 7 man fronts. Granted, we have a lot of weight at DE in our base which is having an effect on our pass rush, but still - if we can stop the run then we are going to be a tough team to beat.

I agree with Elliot that as was the case last year, I don't think this team can run the ball effectively when a Defense knows we are going to run the ball. To be fair, not many teams can do this, and if we can give Manning a shot on 3rd and 4 or less then I will take that with a lead in the 4th quarter.

You could see that whenever Ball was in the game, the Giants were playing for the run. They know that we don't trust Ball in pass pro and he isn't a threat in the passing game. Moreno is still an average runner to me, but he ran really hard yesterday and he caught all 3 balls thrown to him. Knowshon has to be the one leading our backfield against a very stingy Raider run Defense next week.

I agree the pass rush is certainly a concern, but that isn't going to be what loses us the game next week if we lose. It's going to be a totally different game plan but I think our Defense is really suited to face Pryor. With the way our front 4 is defending the run, we don't need our LB's to commit early to defend the run and we have a lot of speed at LB to deal with Pryor on keepers.
Agreed about Big Vick he was dominant yesterday, so glad we paid the man.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys just wanted to say good game. The Broncos really kicked butt out there. I knew Peyton would play well but dang that run defense looked good. If Von Miller was playing I probably would've averted my eyes. Hopefully the Giants can right the ship. I have my doubts though.

Anyways good luck the rest of the year and stay healthy
hibdib31

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Hey guys just wanted to say good game. The Broncos really kicked butt out there. I knew Peyton would play well but dang that run defense looked good. If Von Miller was playing I probably would've averted my eyes. Hopefully the Giants can right the ship. I have my doubts though.

Anyways good luck the rest of the year and stay healthy

Thanks, good luck and good health to your team as well. Maybe Denver will be back to your stadium soon Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: