Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

"Itís time to hop on the Willie Young bandwagon."
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smack

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: "Itís time to hop on the Willie Young bandwagon." Reply with quote

A certain other football analysis site which I won't mention graded Willie Young the highest of any player in the Minnesota game and had glowing praise, to wit:

Quote:
Kalil hardly got his hands on Willie Young on one play with 6.31 to play in the fourth quarter as the Detroit defensive end blew by him to the inside. The USC product was also uncharacteristically poor in the run game, allowing one tackle for no gain and one for a loss. Ansah beat him for the former and Young the latter. Speaking of Young (+5.5 in 29 snaps) he needs more press than he receives. The versatile former seventh round pick is a stud in the making.

Quote:
Itís time to hop on the Willie Young bandwagon. He dominated both on the ground and as a pass rusher against one of the leagueís best left tackles.

What do you guys think? Can Willie keep Ansah on the bench and rack up some sacks this year? Do the Lions finally have a late-round pick who's going to amount to something?
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we can wait and see how he performs over a number of games. A one game sample size doesn't mean much.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
dmudd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iv beeb thinking about it a lot. The past few days. Need to resign him before he racks up10sacks and he is gone. At worst he will be solid depth for a long time.
ThugCityGrunt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always had a feeling he was going to be good. Ever since I mocked him to us in the 7th in one of our forum draft competitions back in my SLF days.

I mean, he always had the physical tools. Its all a matter of putting it all together. Looked like he put it all together on Sunday. Lets see if he keeps it up.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's a hell of a lot better than having a bad game that's for sure. Having a big game like that gives him something to build on which will definitely bode well for his confidence.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was at training camp he looked larger and hopefully it's paying off. His power moves are better than his speed moves so the added size should be helping him.

R.I.P. Stylish
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ver pleased. Especially vs Kalil. A top LT. Now he will go against a fat lazy LT. No way he can stop Young and Ansah
Rockcity

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully he can string some of those games together. He did look really good tho and so did ziggy imo. Pissed they didn't give zig zag that sack. I think zig should do a jump right before he takes off again...that seemed to get him a launch off and was back there in a sec..

Willie played the run very well too prolly his best allround game hope he keeps it up.
WillieYoungSon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boooooy I already done been drivin the Willie Young bandwagon! Best rush end we got right now and it ain't even up for debate. He had a crappy year last year, but so did ever defensive end on our team. This year I'm hostin the coming out party!
1King

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been on the Willie Young bandwagon when he was still at NCST.

Cool Embarassed Cool

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
stylish313

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WillieYoungSon wrote:
Boooooy I already done been drivin the Willie Young bandwagon! Best rush end we got right now and it ain't even up for debate. He had a crappy year last year, but so did ever defensive end on our team. This year I'm hostin the coming out party!
Only problem I had with Young going into last season was that people were plugging him in for 10+ sacks, when it was gonna be his first year starting.

He has the strength and athleticism needed to be a force on the edge, but this is the NFL, so do many other players. I hope that it is time to jump on the Willie Young bandwagon, that means we could easily have the top defensive line in the NFL.

What a dream that would be
WillieYoungSon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
WillieYoungSon wrote:
Only problem I had with Young going into last season was that people were plugging him in for 10+ sacks, when it was gonna be his first year starting.

He has the strength and athleticism needed to be a force on the edge, but this is the NFL, so do many other players. I hope that it is time to jump on the Willie Young bandwagon, that means we could easily have the top defensive line in the NFL.

We are Lions fans...nobody dreams like us!
wi7son

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmudd wrote:
Iv beeb thinking about it a lot. The past few days. Need to resign him before he racks up10sacks and he is gone. At worst he will be solid depth for a long time.

I agree 100% Lets hope the front office does as well..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WillieYoungSon wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
WillieYoungSon wrote:

We are Lions fans...nobody dreams like us!

So true. So so true.

[quote="LionsFTW"]I would throw my $1300 50 inch plasma in the garbage if we drafted Fairley.[quote]
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's encouraging and all, but Willie Young was supposed to have been a "breakout player" for like the last two seasons, and so far all he's really produced is three sacks (all in 2011), a couple of PDs, and exactly one tackle for loss (which was Sunday). Like DHLF said, I'd rather see him do that a few more times before I'm ready to anoint him a "stud in the making." Right now I have him slated as a "decent depth player."

It sure would be nice to actually have a late-round draft pick develop into a real player, though.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for three years running!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: