Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chargers [1-1] @ Eagles [1-1] **POST GAME THREAD**
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Can Chip be undefeated forever?
Yes
26%
 26%  [ 7 ]
No
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Butterflies is still super nice
42%
 42%  [ 11 ]
Phire & Nabbs almost cursed us forcing us to leave GDT 1...
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
Meow
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 26

nlesthought

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
But how can you call it a cop-out if it's the DBs decision to do something that is against the rules, yet, purportedly gives them no advantage?

In the end they have to be held responsible for doing something they don't need to be doing.

Because its not called the same way for offensive players. The subtle elbow nudge to gain space. The leaning into the defender before breaking off their route. I watched two plays yesterday that blew my mind and they both happened with 5yds from the LOS.

1) The way the veteran Gates would use his outside arm to shove Kendricks (using his momentum) away to run his simple twist route, nothing called.

2) Seattle's CB within the first 5yds grabs a SF WR who came straight at him in press coverage tosses the WR to the ground, holding. The WR initiated contact.

I guess I'm envious of how easy it is for WRs these days, my college playing days WRs had to be physical monsters just to get off the line. Laughing

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powderblues wrote:
Its guys like you that give the Eagles fan base a bad name. Just your typical loud mouth trash talker. Oh and it really must be hard winning the NFC East when your only competition right now is Dallas. We're not scared of the Donkies at all trust me, we'll be competing with them until the end, don't put them on a high horse and underestimate the Bolts.

Anyways don't worry too much Eagle fans, when Philip is on point its hard to stop him. Your defense isn't as bad as you think it is, too many penalties gave us easy first downs that ended up in points, the game could have been a blowout either way.
We appreciate the level headed posting after pulling off the upset. And thanks for not grouping all of us into said category.

SD did a great job at picking up our blitzes and stoning our pass rush in general. Rivers lit us up all day because of it. That missed fumble recovery on ST, and subsequent 20+ yard bounce forward, really changed things. Best of luck moving forward, especially against the rest of the NFCE.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
From Tommy Lawlor:
Quote:
Mychal Kendricks played poorly yesterday, unless he was trying to win a bet about who would miss the most tackles. Bad game.

Can't stress this enough honestly. Kendricks simply can't play that way. A MLB has to be able to deliver hits and make tackles. If he doesn't start doing that soon, his athletic abilities will go to waste. Tackling is the most important part of being a LB, get it together Kendricks!

Yep

Talked about it a bit yesterday

But he was taking terrible angles and going to his knees quicker than a $5 hooker. Then the few times he was in position to make a play he fudged it up.

He can be the X-factor on the defense, because so often he is left untouched, he should be making plays all the time. He needs to get much better and play more like he did week 1 rather than how terrible he was the second half of last year and yesterday.

2013 Gold Standard Baldy Winner | The Final(?) ENBD Champion | other stuff too
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
From Tommy Lawlor:
Quote:
Mychal Kendricks played poorly yesterday, unless he was trying to win a bet about who would miss the most tackles. Bad game.

Can't stress this enough honestly. Kendricks simply can't play that way. A MLB has to be able to deliver hits and make tackles. If he doesn't start doing that soon, his athletic abilities will go to waste. Tackling is the most important part of being a LB, get it together Kendricks!

He looked like the Kendricks we saw in pre-season.
Honestly, I'm leaning on the worried side now. The week 1 win against the Redskins is far from representative of what this team is, or can be. Having seen that offense in two weeks now, Washington has a lot of self-defeating problems they can't get over at the moment.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Poloc2289

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
Phire wrote:
But how can you call it a cop-out if it's the DBs decision to do something that is against the rules, yet, purportedly gives them no advantage?

In the end they have to be held responsible for doing something they don't need to be doing.

Because its not called the same way for offensive players. The subtle elbow nudge to gain space. The leaning into the defender before breaking off their route. I watched two plays yesterday that blew my mind and they both happened with 5yds from the LOS.

1) The way the veteran Gates would use his outside arm to shove Kendricks (using his momentum) away to run his simple twist route, nothing called.

2) Seattle's CB within the first 5yds grabs a SF WR who came straight at him in press coverage tosses the WR to the ground, holding. The WR initiated contact.

I guess I'm envious of how easy it is for WRs these days, my college playing days WRs had to be physical monsters just to get off the line. Laughing

I forgot about that Gates shove. A perfect example of the imbalance between offense and defense penalty calling.

I don't think it should have been called. Then again, I don't think those PI's should have been called.

PowerElite wrote:
Please stop responding to my posts. You are a consistently terrible poster and aren't worth my time to thoroughly refute your drivel.
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poloc2289 wrote:
Phire wrote:

I think I worded it incorrectly. Tugging on the jersey is certainly advantageos but only when there's a change of direction or change in motion. If you're running with someone, unless you're tugging at the person slowing them down, it's often not advantageous. I was a defensive back for a number of years (and WR) but let me preface that by saying that DOES NOT make me an expert. I ain't no PE up in this piece

Yeah, I see what you're saying. My only point, which I will continue to maintain, is that whether it's advantageous or not-advantageous, ultimately it's the DB's decision to do so, and by doing so, they are risking a bad penalty which especially hurts on third down.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poloc2289 wrote:
nlesthought wrote:
Phire wrote:

I forgot about that Gates shove. A perfect example of the imbalance between offense and defense penalty calling.

I don't think it should have been called. Then again, I don't think those PI's should have been called.

I don't disagree that there's an imbalance within the rules. But that's the way they've designed it, our interpretation of how justified the imbalance doesn't change the fact that our DBs are choosing to do something that will warrant a penalty if caught.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Poloc2289

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:

I don't disagree that there's an imbalance within the rules. But that's the way they've designed it, our interpretation of how justified the imbalance doesn't change the fact that our DBs are choosing to do something that will warrant a penalty if caught.

After suffering through, and stupidly defending Nnamdi, I'd rather take those penalties than get consistently burnt with what appears like a lack of effort.

PowerElite wrote:
Please stop responding to my posts. You are a consistently terrible poster and aren't worth my time to thoroughly refute your drivel.
powderblues

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
SD did a great job at picking up our blitzes and stoning our pass rush in general. Rivers lit us up all day because of it. That missed fumble recovery on ST, and subsequent 20+ yard bounce forward, really changed things. Best of luck moving forward, especially against the rest of the NFCE.

No worries. If the Eagles can just get past the first half of the season with 2 losses or under they're in great shape.

4 of your last 6 games are at home!!! And yep the Bolts will sweep the NFCE for you just like 2009 as long as you guys do your part. Razz
marky_b27

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Kendricks, I really feel he needs:

1. A Wilfork type NT to really 2 gap it and;

2. A tough run stuffing ILB alongside him to take on the blocks.

If you let Kendricks run and chase and use his athleticism, then he'll do well. If not, you must question whether he is a good fit in the 34.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
marky_b27

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powderblues wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:

No worries. If the Eagles can just get past the first half of the season with 2 losses or under they're in great shape.

4 of your last 6 games are at home!!! And yep the Bolts will sweep the NFCE for you just like 2009 as long as you guys do your part. Razz

I think its as we have 3 or 4 games away from home in a row in the middle of the season, so it all balances out I guess.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SD played well, I gave them props.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
SD played well, I gave them props.

Yeah, they capitilized on alot of our mistakes, they came prepared to play.

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 13 Sacks: 1 Interceptions: 0
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
On Kendricks, I really feel he needs:

1. A Wilfork type NT to really 2 gap it and;

2. A tough run stuffing ILB alongside him to take on the blocks.

If you let Kendricks run and chase and use his athleticism, then he'll do well. If not, you must question whether he is a good fit in the 34.

His issue last game had nothing to do with blockers or NT's, it had to do with the fundamental issue that is Kendricks is not a good tackler. He needs to fix it, or else he won't be in the teams long terms plans.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
From Tommy Lawlor:
Quote:

Considering he was one of the best players on the field in the first game, I'm not too worried.

Our defense as a whole was putrid yesterday, singling one guy out is silly.

If this was a one time thing I would agree, but we saw this all year last year and during the preseason too. This isn't a new thing, it is a recurring issue.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 55 of 56

Jump to: