Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chargers [1-1] @ Eagles [1-1] **POST GAME THREAD**
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55, 56  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Can Chip be undefeated forever?
Yes
26%
 26%  [ 7 ]
No
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Butterflies is still super nice
42%
 42%  [ 11 ]
Phire & Nabbs almost cursed us forcing us to leave GDT 1...
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
Meow
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 26

Author Message
Hockey5djh


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 16620
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
Phire wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Hockey, on the second point, I think last week we ran too much (well with Shady we did), this week we ran too little.

Hopefully against KC its just the right amount of touches.

But how much of that was a result of "run with the lead, pass with the deficit".


3 plays inside the 10 with 2 minutes left. 3 passes, including one wtih Nick Foles. Play calling was bad today in crunch time.


This and the fact that they didn't let the clock run to the 2 min warning and snapped the ball at like 2:07 or 2:03 were the big time management failures.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 51959
Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
The timeouts at the end wasn't even the biggest issue. They should have run the clock down to the 2 minute warning and run the ball and either milk the clock or burn Chargers timeouts. I'm flabbergasted by Chip not seeing that.

Yeah a lot could have gone differently. The thing about such a close game is that we can look back at every little thing and see how that could have changed the game.

Williams' interferences, Jackson's penalty, Chip's time management, etc. etc.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Poloc2289


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 4169
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if anyone touched on this yet because I'm too lazy to look but was anyone else upset about the PI calls?

I don't blame Cary Williams at all. I liked his coverage. If you're gonna consistently make those ticky tack calls, it's going to be a long day for the pass defense. Rules make it hard enough as it is to play corner, I don't feel it's necessary to call PI every time there's a pull on a jersey. The majority of them didn't affect the play at all in my mind. Only one of the replays I was able to sit there and say 'I think maybe Williams got an advantage with that hold.' They called it on Chung too on a big 3rd down.

I didn't like the way the refs called the game at all. I'm not going to jump the gun and say they dictated the outcome of the game. I mean, the Eagles were outplayed. But it was shameful to watch some of the things that went on in that game (like Vick being pushed out of bounds).
_________________

PowerElite wrote:
Please stop responding to my posts. You are a consistently terrible poster and aren't worth my time to thoroughly refute your drivel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nlesthought


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 8526
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we were throwing so much because the Chargers kept 6/7 (when we were in a true spread) in the box to stop the run and occassionally blitz. Making it a "MV has to beat us" type game. I expect teams to have that same approach defensively until MV consistently makes the right play.

I was surprised Napoleon decided to throw that RZ jump ball, I think it was going to Djax who has no short fade ball capability.

I was expecting more TE looks maybe he's saving that for Nov/Dec
_________________


psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 51959
Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poloc2289 wrote:
I'm not sure if anyone touched on this yet because I'm too lazy to look but was anyone else upset about the PI calls?

I don't blame Cary Williams at all. I liked his coverage. If you're gonna consistently make those ticky tack calls, it's going to be a long day for the pass defense. Rules make it hard enough as it is to play corner, I don't feel it's necessary to call PI every time there's a pull on a jersey. The majority of them didn't affect the play at all in my mind. Only one of the replays I was able to sit there and say 'I think maybe Williams got an advantage with that hold.' They called it on Chung too on a big 3rd down.

I didn't like the way the refs called the game at all. I'm not going to jump the gun and say they dictated the outcome of the game. I mean, the Eagles were outplayed. But it was shameful to watch some of the things that went on in that game (like Vick being pushed out of bounds).

I don't blame the refs in this instance. If it isn't affecting the outcome, then why do it? If it gives no advantage whatsoever, then why are they doing it risking a huge penalty?

The first time they were caught doing it, they should have stopped. This is squarely on the players' shoulders. All they had to do was just stop grabbing the jerseys.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nlesthought


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 8526
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poloc2289 wrote:
I'm not sure if anyone touched on this yet because I'm too lazy to look but was anyone else upset about the PI calls?

I don't blame Cary Williams at all. I liked his coverage. If you're gonna consistently make those ticky tack calls, it's going to be a long day for the pass defense. Rules make it hard enough as it is to play corner, I don't feel it's necessary to call PI every time there's a pull on a jersey. The majority of them didn't affect the play at all in my mind. Only one of the replays I was able to sit there and say 'I think maybe Williams got an advantage with that hold.' They called it on Chung too on a big 3rd down.

I didn't like the way the refs called the game at all. I'm not going to jump the gun and say they dictated the outcome of the game. I mean, the Eagles were outplayed. But it was shameful to watch some of the things that went on in that game (like Vick being pushed out of bounds).


As having played WR, I know the constant tug is an advantage for the DB as it helps him stay with the WR. I never minded the subtle tug of the jersey but to never let go is another thing. The square in/dig route was open against the soft zone coverage and when Williams used the tug to get closer yeah that's sort of PI. I agree the hand placement and tugging when a ball is coming and the DB gains no sort of advantage is a NFL cop out rule.
_________________


psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 51959
Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But how can you call it a cop-out if it's the DBs decision to do something that is against the rules, yet, purportedly gives them no advantage?

In the end they have to be held responsible for doing something they don't need to be doing.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Poloc2289


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 4169
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Poloc2289 wrote:
I'm not sure if anyone touched on this yet because I'm too lazy to look but was anyone else upset about the PI calls?

I don't blame Cary Williams at all. I liked his coverage. If you're gonna consistently make those ticky tack calls, it's going to be a long day for the pass defense. Rules make it hard enough as it is to play corner, I don't feel it's necessary to call PI every time there's a pull on a jersey. The majority of them didn't affect the play at all in my mind. Only one of the replays I was able to sit there and say 'I think maybe Williams got an advantage with that hold.' They called it on Chung too on a big 3rd down.

I didn't like the way the refs called the game at all. I'm not going to jump the gun and say they dictated the outcome of the game. I mean, the Eagles were outplayed. But it was shameful to watch some of the things that went on in that game (like Vick being pushed out of bounds).


I don't blame the refs in this instance. If it isn't affecting the outcome, then why do it? If it gives no advantage whatsoever, then why are they doing it risking a huge penalty?

The first time they were caught doing it, they should have stopped. This is squarely on the players' shoulders. All they had to do was just stop grabbing the jerseys.


I can almost guarantee Williams did it in order to stick close to the WR. But the majority of the one's I saw on replay had no effect because the WR no broke into a route or made a cut. For example he was holding onto Floyd on that jump ball initially. I thought that was a great play by Cary. He played the ball and released contact well before the ball was near.

He was doing it to maintain good coverage. Easy as that. I'm sure many corners on many plays do it evidenced by Chung's infraction. I guess my statement is a general one in regards to the absurd imbalance between WR/TE and CB/S. Also for a few the contact wasn't maintained while the ball was thrown so shouldn't it of been defensive holding instead of PI? That's a lighter offense

Also my final thought it this: I'll take the way Cary Williams played than the CB constantly getting burned. I love Boykin. But he got used yesterday on several occassions and yet I see people saying he's better than Williams. I still gotta see more of both but I certainly would not jump to say that. What about when Boykin just 'lost' Royal on the sideline and let him get behind? I apparently stick up for Williams a lot but I just feel like people trash him because it's easy.
_________________

PowerElite wrote:
Please stop responding to my posts. You are a consistently terrible poster and aren't worth my time to thoroughly refute your drivel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZ_Eaglesfan


Joined: 02 Jan 2013
Posts: 5848
Location: Arizona
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Tommy Lawlor:
Quote:
Mychal Kendricks played poorly yesterday, unless he was trying to win a bet about who would miss the most tackles. Bad game.

Can't stress this enough honestly. Kendricks simply can't play that way. A MLB has to be able to deliver hits and make tackles. If he doesn't start doing that soon, his athletic abilities will go to waste. Tackling is the most important part of being a LB, get it together Kendricks!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BLick12


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25952
Location: South Jeezy fo sheezy
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
From Tommy Lawlor:
Quote:
Mychal Kendricks played poorly yesterday, unless he was trying to win a bet about who would miss the most tackles. Bad game.

Can't stress this enough honestly. Kendricks simply can't play that way. A MLB has to be able to deliver hits and make tackles. If he doesn't start doing that soon, his athletic abilities will go to waste. Tackling is the most important part of being a LB, get it together Kendricks!


Considering he was one of the best players on the field in the first game, I'm not too worried.

Our defense as a whole was putrid yesterday, singling one guy out is silly.
_________________
johndeere1707 wrote:

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
powderblues


Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 2746
Location: California
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vindicatedxx wrote:
Why are you even on our board? At least WE have a chance to win our division....Goodluck out winning Denver ha.......


I came here just for some fun discussion isn't that why we're all here? Its guys like you that give the Eagles fan base a bad name. Just your typical loud mouth trash talker. Oh and it really must be hard winning the NFC East when your only competition right now is Dallas. We're not scared of the Donkies at all trust me, we'll be competing with them until the end, don't put them on a high horse and underestimate the Bolts.

Anyways don't worry too much Eagle fans, when Philip is on point its hard to stop him. Your defense isn't as bad as you think it is, too many penalties gave us easy first downs that ended up in points, the game could have been a blowout either way. Chips offense torched us, but the obvious weakness in a close game is that they score too fast, gotta use your backs more chew up some clock especially if you know your D is having a bad game.

Now go blowout KC & Den for us.


Last edited by powderblues on Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Poloc2289


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 4169
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
But how can you call it a cop-out if it's the DBs decision to do something that is against the rules, yet, purportedly gives them no advantage?

In the end they have to be held responsible for doing something they don't need to be doing.


I think I worded it incorrectly. Tugging on the jersey is certainly advantageos but only when there's a change of direction or change in motion. If you're running with someone, unless you're tugging at the person slowing them down, it's often not advantageous. I was a defensive back for a number of years (and WR) but let me preface that by saying that DOES NOT make me an expert. I ain't no PE up in this piece
_________________

PowerElite wrote:
Please stop responding to my posts. You are a consistently terrible poster and aren't worth my time to thoroughly refute your drivel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BLick12


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25952
Location: South Jeezy fo sheezy
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Actually, it is just as bad as we think it is. We watched King Dunlap for way too many years here, if you can't get pressure on him and the crew of misfit lineman on the Chargers you are in for a long year. It looked like Rivers was standing behind NE's o-line all game.
_________________
johndeere1707 wrote:

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
powderblues


Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 2746
Location: California
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
^Actually, it is just as bad as we think it is. We watched King Dunlap for way too many years here, if you can't get pressure on him and the crew of misfit lineman on the Chargers you are in for a long year. It looked like Rivers was standing behind NE's o-line all game.


Meh, they played very well against the Texans D-line too, Watt was pretty much invisible until the 3rd quarter. If its not the personnel the blocking schemes must be amazing and further proves that your pass rush isn't totally to blame.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Poloc2289


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 4169
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powderblues wrote:
Vindicatedxx wrote:
Why are you even on our board? At least WE have a chance to win our division....Goodluck out winning Denver ha.......


I came here just for some fun discussion isn't that why we're all here? Its guys like you that give the Eagles fan base a bad name. Just your typical loud mouth trash talker. Oh and it really must be hard winning the NFC East when your only competition right now is Dallas. We're not scared of the Donkies at all trust me, we'll be competing with them until the end, don't put them on a high horse and underestimate the Bolts.

Anyways don't worry too much Eagle fans, when Philip is on point its hard to stop him. Your defense isn't as bad as you think it is, too many penalties gave us easy first downs that ended up in points, the game could have been a blowout either way. Chips offense torched us, but the obvious weakness in a close game is that they score too fast, gotta use your backs more chew up some clock especially if you know your D is having a bad game.

Now go blowout KC & Den for us.


Responding to trash with class. Way to go powderblues.

And Vindicatedxx, I think as Eagles fans we'd appreciate it if you stopped exhibiting rude behavior and running your mouth.
_________________

PowerElite wrote:
Please stop responding to my posts. You are a consistently terrible poster and aren't worth my time to thoroughly refute your drivel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 54 of 56

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group