Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2 GDT: Chicago Bears vs. Minnesota Vikings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Matt Forte has been the best player on the field today.

Devin Hester's helped more. Tim Jennings next. Matt forte's frequent -1 and 0 yard runs don't help much
We would not have won without Hester's great game.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athelite wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Athelite wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Athelite wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Athelite wrote:
haha thats the ballgame. Thanks Cutler.

How can you say thanks Cutler there? Is Forte above criticism? Jay has made mistakes for sure but he's far from alone in that.
No that wasn't jays fault at all. But why are we in this position. Please don't defend Jay right now. You really can't this game. Hes played like garbage outside the first 10 minutes.

So does Jay play defense? Or KO coverage? Or RB? Re-read my post. I'm not defending anyone. I'm saying there have been issues all over.
no but he plays the most important position on the field ten fold and hes played it horrendously 90% of the game. But it looks like he gets a chance to redeem himself here. I don't have much faith.

Horrendously 90% of the game is a gross exaggeration.
maybe but I expect greatness every game. I mean really, all you have to do is take what the defense gives you and don't throw picks. Either one of those picks isn't thrown and we are winning the game right now, at least tied.
This must explain why there is such a plethora of winning QBs. Who knew?
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athelite wrote:
In all fairness Cutler won that game. That was a money throw at the end. However, anyone who tells me Cutler didn't have have a whole lot to do with us being in that hole is lying.
Cutler did not have his best game but his mistakes one interception and the fumble should not have brought us to the brink of defeat.

1) the pass into the middle of the field at the 1/2 yd mark on first down was a ridiculously bad call. Why is Bush on the team. Hopefully, Tres got this out of his system and we never see it again.

2) fans here get hysterical in a heartbeat. Manic-depressive behavior.

3) we have played badly or not terribly well and still managed to beat two playoff teams. What will this look like when we really start to click?

4) I have every confidence that this team will get better as the year progresses unlike the last two years.

5) We ran four plays in about 14 seconds, including a field goal. This would NEVER have happened prior to Tres. The revolution in time for plays has allowed us to be 2-0. Getting plays in in plenty of time is working exactly as I thought it would.

6) Hester should get a game ball.

7) Very few penalties on the OL again. Great stuff. One hold on Allen is not bad at all.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
I'm starting to worry about our defense though. 2nd game in a row with WEAK pass rush, TJ got abused today with the exception of his INT. OL struggled, I dont buy the oh well there were 0 sacks given up, Cutler was being forced to roll out almost every play and the run blocking was horrendous. ST coverage is not good, I haven't been impressed with DeCamillas AT ALL. I think this will be a really good learning experience for everyone, most importantly for Marc Trestman, I think he struggled today as well. Got way too cute on that goal line play.
According to Tres, Peppers is still sick as a dog and probably should not have even played. Contrary to those here accusing him of being "lazy" or fat or overpaid he was a trooper trying to go in spite of sickness.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair to our defensive line - admittedly they have played like crap, but look at the two offenses they have played:

Cincinnati - In week one, Andy Dalton was the fastest QB in the league at going from snap to throw (1.98 seconds). You're not going to sack any QB, regardless of how crappy the OL is if the QB is getting the ball out in less than 2 seconds.

Minnesota - It was pretty clear that the Bears defense was selling out to stop the run. In obvious pass situations the DL still looked like crap though. Ponder threw the ball 30 times, 11 of those were on play-action (3rd highest percentage in the league).

If they don't feast on Big Ben - then we have real reason to be concerned.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
I'm starting to worry about our defense though. 2nd game in a row with WEAK pass rush, TJ got abused today with the exception of his INT. OL struggled, I dont buy the oh well there were 0 sacks given up, Cutler was being forced to roll out almost every play and the run blocking was horrendous. ST coverage is not good, I haven't been impressed with DeCamillas AT ALL. I think this will be a really good learning experience for everyone, most importantly for Marc Trestman, I think he struggled today as well. Got way too cute on that goal line play.

But you said there isn't a big drop off from Toub to him, I think it's trending towards a pretty big gap between the two.
Toub was made by Devin Hester. Our return game is still good because of Hester. Our kickoff return coverage has sucked for two weeks giving up big kickoff returns both games.
CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
To be fair to our defensive line - admittedly they have played like crap, but look at the two offenses they have played:

Cincinnati - In week one, Andy Dalton was the fastest QB in the league at going from snap to throw (1.98 seconds). You're not going to sack any QB, regardless of how crappy the OL is if the QB is getting the ball out in less than 2 seconds.

Minnesota - It was pretty clear that the Bears defense was selling out to stop the run. In obvious pass situations the DL still looked like crap though. Ponder threw the ball 30 times, 11 of those were on play-action (3rd highest percentage in the league).

Big Ben is so elusive that I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't sack him much. As long as we get pressure on him though, that's what matters.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
-Special teams was an absolute embarass want despite the huge returns. Kick return TD, Too many men, Weems spaz out that could have killed us

That was a really smart play, he knew what he was doing.

Our defense looks average at best right now.

Looking at Mel Tucker's resume, starting his coaching career under Nick Saban, implementing a hybrid 3-4 D in Cleveland, this Defensive scheme just isn't his forte... I think he kept it the way it was because obviously how successful it was under Rod/Lovie but those guys have a Decade + experience with that scheme. If this defense continues playing like this, there is absolutely no reason to keep this same Cover-2 scheme past this season. Especially with the chance we lose Pep/Melton/Tillman/TJ which I'd assume we lose AT LEAST 2 of those. It's not like our personel is solely limited to this scheme.
The defense has given up 20 and 16 points hardly reason to panic. And Peppers has been sick. If our offense can score 14 it should be enough to win this week.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Ill pose this question just like I do with the people all for getting rid of Cutler if something happens this season. Who replaces Melton? You have a free agent list a mile long with many defensive players on it and why not throw one of the better defensive tackles in it too?
If Melton's play does not improve, the Bears will not give him a huge contract. We will draft DL.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
I think the "getting his wind back" argument to justify Melton underperforming thus far is probably cutting more slack than he deserves right now. If it was just that rhen he ahould be showing out at the beginning of drives or halves, but we havent seen that at all. He's clearly been subpar by comparison to last year thru 2 games. And admittedly we have lofty expectations for him but those are based off of what we know his capabilities to be. I think Peppers has more margin for slack - we know he's been hobbled all of camp and that he was sick as recently as Thursday. He's been subpar to date too but he has both a better resume than Melton and a health issue known to be a current one.

Bottom line is that both need to be better. ASAP.
Our expectations are not lofty. Melton is getting top 3 money, our expectation is that he shows he deserves it.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChiBear wrote:
Although i do not post much many do know of my impatience with Cutler. So far i have to say that although i am not convinced just yet to extend his contract i have to say that he is making a case.

I cant wait to see him play away and i hope that he can finally start playing GB with some heart. So far it has been fun and nerve wreaking to see these Bears.
Give it up, Jay will be extended. There is no question about it.
ChiBear

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
ChiBear wrote:
Although i do not post much many do know of my impatience with Cutler. So far i have to say that although i am not convinced just yet to extend his contract i have to say that he is making a case.

I cant wait to see him play away and i hope that he can finally start playing GB with some heart. So far it has been fun and nerve wreaking to see these Bears.
Give it up, Jay will be extended. There is no question about it.

Yes sir.
cody513

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:

Big Ben is so elusive that I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't sack him much. As long as we get pressure on him though, that's what matters.

Actually, this is true. We should get more pressure on him, and ultimately, I think we should get more sacks. Big Ben is pretty tough to get down and like you said, is pretty elusive though.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Ill pose this question just like I do with the people all for getting rid of Cutler if something happens this season. Who replaces Melton? You have a free agent list a mile long with many defensive players on it and why not throw one of the better defensive tackles in it too?
If Melton's play does not improve, the Bears will not give him a huge contract. We will draft DL.

Ill say it again....really glad you arent anywhere near a front office Al. If they try and draft a DT they better hope he is better than Geno Atkins. Henry Melton will be too busy tearing it up with Rod Marinelli in Dallas. Not to mention drafting a position we really dont have a hole at takes away from another position we desperately need to fill.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Tavon Austin 1st career TD. Tip toe catch.....too small to play
LoL. He has survived one game. Now two. But the odds are building. Terrible pick. I'll take Long EVERY day.

The odds are building? Laughing

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 23 of 24

Jump to: