Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2 GDT: Chicago Bears vs. Minnesota Vikings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Chronickerr


Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 215
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the injury report looking like after the game? Looked like Wright had a concussion but he came back into the game. Tillman's knee looked to be bothering him as well but appeared to play through it. Other than those two and Peppers/Melton not playing well possible due to getting up to speed, what's the injury situation looking like?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mudderfudder77


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 1841
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chronickerr wrote:
What's the injury report looking like after the game? Looked like Wright had a concussion but he came back into the game. Tillman's knee looked to be bothering him as well but appeared to play through it. Other than those two and Peppers/Melton not playing well possible due to getting up to speed, what's the injury situation looking like?



I wouldn't be surprised to see the injury report empty.

Tillman has a knee issue, but he'll practice.

Peppers is dealing with an illness, possible he might miss practice and be put on the list.

Wright came back into the game - he'll be fine.

I didn't see anyone else go down.
_________________


Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 16731
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chronickerr wrote:
What's the injury report looking like after the game? Looked like Wright had a concussion but he came back into the game. Tillman's knee looked to be bothering him as well but appeared to play through it. Other than those two and Peppers/Melton not playing well possible due to getting up to speed, what's the injury situation looking like?


Marty B also hurt his shoulder on that amazing OOB catch at the back of the endzone. But both he and Trestman said it shouldn't be an issue moving forward.
_________________
👮

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChiBear


Joined: 20 Feb 2007
Posts: 993
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although i do not post much many do know of my impatience with Cutler. So far i have to say that although i am not convinced just yet to extend his contract i have to say that he is making a case.

I cant wait to see him play away and i hope that he can finally start playing GB with some heart. So far it has been fun and nerve wreaking to see these Bears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ForteOz


Joined: 03 Sep 2013
Posts: 905
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a crazy game of poker...
I still can't believe we won that one. I thought for sure we had pissed away one too many scoring chances.
Me of little faith...
Watching the game live it was hard to get a real handle on what we were seeing and what it meant for the team going forward, but now that I've had a chance to cool off and rewatch it, I have a few observations.

First of all, how cool was it to see teams returning kick offs again? Man, it was like watching ESPN Classic or something. I remember a time when kick offs were exciting game events, instead of 20 second breaks in between 6 straight minutes of commercials. Seriously, kick offs have become the NFL version of 'Don't go away, we'll be riiiiiight back.'

Hester looked great back there, wow. Listening to him in the postgame he sounded really fired up that Patterson took the opening kick for a score in HIS house, and it showed on the field. It sucks that he couldn't quite break free to score, but this is where we actually got to see the New Bears.

When Hester gave us that great field position on his first return we actually turned it into a touchdown. We didn't actually need him to score it for us. The same thing happened last week with Tillman's INT. That drove me nuts in the past, so it was really great to see the offense actually capitalize on short fields.

That is actually something I have always wondered about: is it better to have the D/ST return it all the way for a score? In the past this was easy to answer, YES, because we sure as heck weren't going to turn it into a touchdown on offense.

But now, I think it may not be so bad, particularly on D since it gives the offense time to control the ball and gives the defense a rest. Don't get me wrong, I love watching our D/ST score points, and would never complain that they took it to the house, but I've always thought it must be hard for the D to have to go right back out there after a long drive ending with a pick six.

Other thoughts:
It looked to me like Marshall saved that final drive with his first catch on the drive. It was 3rd-4 on the first set of downs, he was wide open mid field and for some reason Cutler put the ball way too high. If Marshall can't make that jump, I bet that ball would have been picked off. What a stud catch.

Second week in a row that defenses counting on the 'Cutler stares down Marshall' story got burned big late in the game. Any one else think that is no coincidence?

I got a different word that starts with 'horse' for that horsecollar penalty on Tillman that set up one of Minn's long drives...

Finally, good teams have bad games too, butif you leave them with a chance to win, they find a way. How many times have we seen the Bills
almost beat the Patriots, only to leave them hanging around long enough to pull out the win. That we were able to do that with so much going wrong, gets me pretty excited about this team.

Love Victory Mondays!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cody513


Joined: 15 Aug 2013
Posts: 126
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForteOz wrote:
That was a crazy game of poker...
I still can't believe we won that one. I thought for sure we had pissed away one too many scoring chances.
Me of little faith...
Watching the game live it was hard to get a real handle on what we were seeing and what it meant for the team going forward, but now that I've had a chance to cool off and rewatch it, I have a few observations.

First of all, how cool was it to see teams returning kick offs again? Man, it was like watching ESPN Classic or something. I remember a time when kick offs were exciting game events, instead of 20 second breaks in between 6 straight minutes of commercials. Seriously, kick offs have become the NFL version of 'Don't go away, we'll be riiiiiight back.'

Hester looked great back there, wow. Listening to him in the postgame he sounded really fired up that Patterson took the opening kick for a score in HIS house, and it showed on the field. It sucks that he couldn't quite break free to score, but this is where we actually got to see the New Bears.

When Hester gave us that great field position on his first return we actually turned it into a touchdown. We didn't actually need him to score it for us. The same thing happened last week with Tillman's INT. That drove me nuts in the past, so it was really great to see the offense actually capitalize on short fields.

That is actually something I have always wondered about: is it better to have the D/ST return it all the way for a score? In the past this was easy to answer, YES, because we sure as heck weren't going to turn it into a touchdown on offense.

But now, I think it may not be so bad, particularly on D since it gives the offense time to control the ball and gives the defense a rest. Don't get me wrong, I love watching our D/ST score points, and would never complain that they took it to the house, but I've always thought it must be hard for the D to have to go right back out there after a long drive ending with a pick six.

Other thoughts:
It looked to me like Marshall saved that final drive with his first catch on the drive. It was 3rd-4 on the first set of downs, he was wide open mid field and for some reason Cutler put the ball way too high. If Marshall can't make that jump, I bet that ball would have been picked off. What a stud catch.

Second week in a row that defenses counting on the 'Cutler stares down Marshall' story got burned big late in the game. Any one else think that is no coincidence?

I got a different word that starts with 'horse' for that horsecollar penalty on Tillman that set up one of Minn's long drives...

Finally, good teams have bad games too, butif you leave them with a chance to win, they find a way. How many times have we seen the Bills
almost beat the Patriots, only to leave them hanging around long enough to pull out the win. That we were able to do that with so much going wrong, gets me pretty excited about this team.

Love Victory Mondays!


x2

My weeks go by slow and just seem overall worse when the Bears lose. When they win, things usually go by pretty well. Gotta keep on winning!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ForteOz


Joined: 03 Sep 2013
Posts: 905
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cody513 wrote:
ForteOz wrote:

...
Love Victory Mondays!


x2

My weeks go by slow and just seem overall worse when the Bears lose. When they win, things usually go by pretty well. Gotta keep on winning!!!


Haha, me too. I've decided to start bringing in baked goods to the office after a win, to drum up support for the Bears subconsciously.

My goal, eventually, is to get people glancing through scores to go 'Oh, the Bears won... mmm, cookies....'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cody513


Joined: 15 Aug 2013
Posts: 126
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForteOz wrote:
cody513 wrote:
ForteOz wrote:

...
Love Victory Mondays!


x2

My weeks go by slow and just seem overall worse when the Bears lose. When they win, things usually go by pretty well. Gotta keep on winning!!!


Haha, me too. I've decided to start bringing in baked goods to the office after a win, to drum up support for the Bears subconsciously.

My goal, eventually, is to get people glancing through scores to go 'Oh, the Bears won... mmm, cookies....'


Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 16731
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you work with a bunch of Packer fans or something?
_________________
👮

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ForteOz


Joined: 03 Sep 2013
Posts: 905
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Do you work with a bunch of Packer fans or something?


A few, but they are everywhere, aren't they?
I noticed they were some of the only ones not interested...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 16731
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForteOz wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Do you work with a bunch of Packer fans or something?


A few, but they are everywhere, aren't they?
I noticed they were some of the only ones not interested...


Unfortunately.
_________________
👮

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 10069
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In everyone of the classes I teach on victory Mondays we watch the highlights on NFL.com and listen to Bear Down.

My ESL kids stare at me like I am crazy.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 16731
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
In everyone of the classes I teach on victory Mondays we watch the highlights on NFL.com and listen to Bear Down.

My ESL kids stare at me like I am crazy.



Hahaha that's awesome.
_________________
👮

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 8018
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Patterson doesn't scare me, per se, but he does have big play capability and that's something you gotta account for. I remember wanting us to draft him this year (not necessarily my top choice, but I wouldn't have hated him to be the guy at 19). Then there's Greg Jennings, he's had some damn good games against us over the past few years with the Pack, but a lot has changed since then. He didn't look good (judging by his stat sheet, and that alone) against the Lions, his QB isn't even a fraction of what Rodgers is, but he is still Greg Jennings.

Their passing game isn't anything to be afraid of, but the talent is there and we can't overlook that. Especially considering our defense wasn't exactly stellar last week.

I read somewhere that Patterson only played 5 snaps on offense last week, even though they were behind much of the second half. That's madness to me.
That isn't surprising rookie WRs are generally pretty useless.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 8018
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Tavon Austin 1st career TD. Tip toe catch.....too small to play
LoL. He has survived one game. Now two. But the odds are building. Terrible pick. I'll take Long EVERY day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 22 of 24

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group