You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2 GDT: Chicago Bears vs. Minnesota Vikings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
^^ 2007 was the last time when AP went nuts on us.

I'm surprised they didn't beat us during their superbowl run in 2009 with favre.

I still look at that game as the one that cost us the Super Bowl. Had we beaten you guys then, we would have gotten home field advantage against New Orleans in the NFCCG. We more than likely would have beaten them in our place, and I think either NFC team would have beaten the Colts that year.

As far as this year goes, I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Bears look. I've been high on them for the last few years and have ended up disappointed. It will be interesting to see if the improvements under Trestman's offense will make up for the loss of Lovie's defensive genius. Either way, I think the Bears will take this one. I just hope that whatever happens, both teams come out of the game free of any major injuries.

One matchup to watch will be how Peppers does against Kalil. From what I heard, Peppers looked pretty slow and old in last week's game. The thing is, Kalil didn't look too sharp in the Week One game either, so we will have to see if both of these guys can put it all together again in Week Two.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is simple. The Vikings will go after Cutler, Marshall and Forte. The Bears must defend them and go after Ponder. Shut down the short passing game. Get Bostic involved. Cool
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't realise we are wearing our throwbacks for this game. Awesome. I love them.

Leslie Frazier has said he's been pressing JWebb all week for info and will continue to do so, I'm hoping Webb is as gormless as he looks and isn't able to give too much away. I'm a bit more confident going in to this week than last, don't see the Vikings defense posing as much as a problem as the Bengals and I'm just generally more confident in our team after getting the win week 1. Hoping to see some improvement on our defense though, our third down D was extremely frustrating last week and Tucker has a task on his hands to stop AP. I'm hopeful we can go 2-0 though, Bears 27-20.
2016 Adopt-a-Bear: WR #13 Kevin White
Receptions: 19 || Yards: 187 || TDs: 0
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4685720/allen-vikings-struggles-in-chicago-embarassing

Quote:
The Vikings’ recent futility in Chicago is not lost on Minnesota Pro Bowl defensive end Jared Allen.

“Goodness, we haven’t won since 2007, I think,” Allen said. “It’s got to change to be honest. It’s embarrassing. It’s annoying. We can take the same team and bring them back to the dome and be successful against them.

CBears019

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForteOz wrote:
Haha, nice.
That guy is hilarious. Did you hear him talking about his touchdown catch post game?
He said something to the effect of 'well, yeah, I had to channel my inner Brandon Marshall on that one'

He's one of a kind. Did you hear his reason for why he calls himself a black unicorn. It's something to the effect of, "I was at practice one day and I was running down the field and while I was running I just thought to myself 'I just feel like a unicorn right now, a black one'". I would love to be able to hear his thoughts for like 5 minutes.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
^^ 2007 was the last time when AP went nuts on us.

I'm surprised they didn't beat us during their superbowl run in 2009 with favre.

I still look at that game as the one that cost us the Super Bowl. Had we beaten you guys then, we would have gotten home field advantage against New Orleans in the NFCCG. We more than likely would have beaten them in our place, and I think either NFC team would have beaten the Colts that year.

As far as this year goes, I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Bears look. I've been high on them for the last few years and have ended up disappointed. It will be interesting to see if the improvements under Trestman's offense will make up for the loss of Lovie's defensive genius. Either way, I think the Bears will take this one. I just hope that whatever happens, both teams come out of the game free of any major injuries.

One matchup to watch will be how Peppers does against Kalil. From what I heard, Peppers looked pretty slow and old in last week's game. The thing is, Kalil didn't look too sharp in the Week One game either, so we will have to see if both of these guys can put it all together again in Week Two.

Buck your sig makes me wish every week was Vikings week.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We really cannot afford to lose at home to a 1 dimensional team with poor QB play.

I think it may be a game like the Bengals game were it is a close grind, but I think Cutler out duels Ponder when it counts.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
We really cannot afford to lose at home to a 1 dimensional team with poor QB play.

I think it may be a game like the Bengals game were it is a close grind, but I think Cutler out duels Ponder when it counts.

Nothing about the MIN passing game should scare the Bears. If they can force a few stops early, get out to a 10 or 14 point lead and largely neutralize AP I can see this thing getting ugly.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patterson doesn't scare me, per se, but he does have big play capability and that's something you gotta account for. I remember wanting us to draft him this year (not necessarily my top choice, but I wouldn't have hated him to be the guy at 19). Then there's Greg Jennings, he's had some damn good games against us over the past few years with the Pack, but a lot has changed since then. He didn't look good (judging by his stat sheet, and that alone) against the Lions, his QB isn't even a fraction of what Rodgers is, but he is still Greg Jennings.

Their passing game isn't anything to be afraid of, but the talent is there and we can't overlook that. Especially considering our defense wasn't exactly stellar last week.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patterson has big play ability on special teams. I don't think he'll be a major threat tomorrow or whenever Sunday happens this week.
MonsterCityGHS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da Bears defense was boss hog vs. the run in the home opener. They should pick up from last week and make that a priority again week 2.I like Da Bears defense vs Peterson based on what they show us last week. Ball security pass protection and opening wholes in the ground game are also major.
Badger75

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peppers...Tillman...Bostic... Cool
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Patterson doesn't scare me, per se, but he does have big play capability and that's something you gotta account for. I remember wanting us to draft him this year (not necessarily my top choice, but I wouldn't have hated him to be the guy at 19). Then there's Greg Jennings, he's had some damn good games against us over the past few years with the Pack, but a lot has changed since then. He didn't look good (judging by his stat sheet, and that alone) against the Lions, his QB isn't even a fraction of what Rodgers is, but he is still Greg Jennings.

Their passing game isn't anything to be afraid of, but the talent is there and we can't overlook that. Especially considering our defense wasn't exactly stellar last week.

I read somewhere that Patterson only played 5 snaps on offense last week, even though they were behind much of the second half. That's madness to me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Nothing about the MIN passing game should scare the Bears. If they can force a few stops early, get out to a 10 or 14 point lead and largely neutralize AP I can see this thing getting ugly.

The lead is going to be important.

If we force Ponder to have to score quickly we are in good shape. A quick start from our offense would be great.
Nads786

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really not too high on our run D, even though the stats last week indicate we were successful.

I see AP having a really big game against us but I don't have a lot of faith in Ponder to make it a two dimensional offense.

Either way I see Cutler needing a big game without too many mistakes to win this one.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 3 of 24

Jump to: