You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2 GDT: Chicago Bears vs. Minnesota Vikings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Badger75

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who mentored Old Bear Leslie Frazier...and what was his credo?

17 consecutive games...1984-85..... the refs only flag the retaliation....Wink
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a game the Bears should win but division games are always difficult. Trestman acknowledged he protected the OL in the first half on Sunday but I think they did a lot to earn his trust in the 2nd half so that they shouldn't be hesitant to run the full offense from the get go on Sunday. I also think this defense was embarrassed and will be out to prove a point this week.

34-17 Bears.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that Bushrod has matched up favorably against Jared Allen in the past...

2009 NFC Championship game: 2 tackles, 0 sacks, 0 TFL, 0 QB hit

2010 week 1: 4 tackles, 0 sacks, 0 TFL, 1 QB hit

2011 week 14: 2 tackles, 0 sacks, 0 TFL, 1 QB hit

BEARS----BULLS----DODGERS----KINGS--
DABEARSLCF04

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is J Webb nation gona be playing?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
Is J Webb nation gona be playing?

Not unless Zygi Wilf or Leslie Frazier lose a bet. Wink
Yfz01

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
^^ 2007 was the last time when AP went nuts on us.

I'm surprised they didn't beat us during their superbowl run in 2009 with favre.

If I remember correctly, that was the game McKinnie got benched because Peppers had his way with him.

I think it'll be a good matchup. The Lions beat the Vikings with quick passes and screens followed by some runs up the middle. The Vikings defensive ends are the best in the league, in my opinion, with Robison, Griffen, and Allen. Unfortunately, the Vikings linebackers are terrible. Forte should eat them up.

Hoping the Vikings don't go 0-2, but the Bears always seem to dominate us lately, so that wouldn't surprise me. Here's hoping MN makes it competitive, and both teams come away relatively unscathed.

Lil Uno with the sig.
Nads786

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yfz01 wrote:
Nads786 wrote:

I'm surprised they didn't beat us during their superbowl run in 2009 with favre.

If I remember correctly, that was the game McKinnie got benched because Peppers had his way with him.

I think it'll be a good matchup. The Lions beat the Vikings with quick passes and screens followed by some runs up the middle. The Vikings defensive ends are the best in the league, in my opinion, with Robison, Griffen, and Allen. Unfortunately, the Vikings linebackers are terrible. Forte should eat them up.

Hoping the Vikings don't go 0-2, but the Bears always seem to dominate us lately, so that wouldn't surprise me. Here's hoping MN makes it competitive, and both teams come away relatively unscathed.

Expand on why you think your DEs are the best in the league, better than the Bengasl??!?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yfz01 wrote:
Nads786 wrote:

Expand on why you think your DEs are the best in the league, better than the Bengasl??!?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the condensed version of the Lions-Vikings game, and here are my amateur observations.
The Lions blew those guys away, that game should not have even been that close. Megatron got screwed raw on that first no-TD call, the second one was legit though, his foot was out of bounds. Minnesota was getting penetration all day, but Detroit had the right game plan for them: swing passes and screens, which were especially effective in the first half. Both of Det's backs looked good catching passes, that team worries me.

But we'll worry about them in another two weeks.

Offensively the Bears need to cheat off Detroit's test and use Forte and Bush in the passing game. I'm surprised we didn't (or couldn't) do this effectively in our first game, but it needs to be a part of the game plan come Sunday. Detroit's RBs may have an advantage over ours in this aspect, but I still think we can have some success working it in.
Beat (or avoid) Minnesota's pass rush, and I believe our offense will do well.

Defensively, it's obvious: don't let Purple Jesus beat you. Detroit got burned on his first carry by a combination of great blocking and over pursuit, and AP made them pay. That is just what he does.
But they shut him down after that and dared Ponder to win the game throwing, and he flat out couldn't. He was very inaccurate, but a big part of that was he was often throwing on the run because the Lions got after him. Can our DLine, supposedly the strength of our D, have the same success? Even if we don't come away with sacks, we need to get pressure and force bad throws.

One more thing I want to point out is how sloppy most teams looked on opening day, and by comparison I thought the Bears looked crisp and disciplined. Emergency time outs notwithstanding, we didn't have many, if any dumb penalties, brain farts, botched long snaps, guys lined up in the wrong place (cough...DH...), etc.
Part of that is the locker room we have cultivated over the years, but I also think the coaching staff is rubbing off on the players in a positive way. I'll even give Emery some credit here, since he and Trestman sound so similar in their message.

For all those reasons, plus home field advantage, I think the Bears win by a touchdown 28-21.
Badger75

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To go 2-0 is a valuable location and to put your division opponent 0-2 is just as valuable.

This game will be a defensive outing.

Bears D = MMWy Wink
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForteOz wrote:
Just watched the condensed version of the Lions-Vikings game, and here are my amateur observations.
The Lions blew those guys away, that game should not have even been that close. Megatron got screwed raw on that first no-TD call, the second one was legit though, his foot was out of bounds. Minnesota was getting penetration all day, but Detroit had the right game plan for them: swing passes and screens, which were especially effective in the first half. Both of Det's backs looked good catching passes, that team worries me.

Offensively the Bears need to cheat off Detroit's test and use Forte and Bush in the passing game. I'm surprised we didn't (or couldn't) do this effectively in our first game, but it needs to be a part of the game plan come Sunday. Detroit's RBs may have an advantage over ours in this aspect, but I still think we can have some success working it in.

Defensively, it's obvious: don't let Purple Jesus beat you. Detroit got burned on his first carry by a combination of great blocking and over pursuit, and AP made them pay. That is just what he does.
But they shut him down after that and dared Ponder to win the game throwing, and he flat out couldn't. He was very inaccurate, but a big part of that was he was often throwing on the run because the Lions got after him. Can our DLine, supposedly the strength of our D, have the same success? Even if we don't come away with sacks, we need to get pressure and force bad throws.

One more thing I want to point out is how sloppy most teams looked on opening day, and by comparison I thought the Bears looked crisp and disciplined. Emergency time outs notwithstanding, we didn't have many, if any dumb penalties, brain farts, botched long snaps, guys lined up in the wrong place (cough...DH...), etc.
Part of that is the locker room we have cultivated over the years, but I also think the coaching staff is rubbing off on the players in a positive way. I'll even give Emery some credit here, since he and Trestman sound so similar in their message.

For all those reasons, plus home field advantage, I think the Bears win by a touchdown 28-21.

Those were instances where the plays Jay had did not fit the situation and they had to dial up more appropriate plays.
ForteOz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
ForteOz wrote:

Those were instances where the plays Jay had did not fit the situation and they had to dial up more appropriate plays.

True, and as far as miscues go taking an emergency time out is a relatively minor one, particularly in the first half, and even the best teams have to do that from time to time. But as we saw with the Bengals, you can't waste second half time outs in a close game.

Also, how does that work? How many plays do they send to Jay? 3 or more? Did Cincinnati really have all 3 (or however many) plays defended *that* well by their set up that there was no hope?
Or was it a case of the protection being completely wrong for however they had the D-line set up?
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForteOz wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
ForteOz wrote:

True, and as far as miscues go taking an emergency time out is a relatively minor one, particularly in the first half, and even the best teams have to do that from time to time. But as we saw with the Bengals, you can't waste second half time outs in a close game.

Also, how does that work? How many plays do they send to Jay? 3 or more? Did Cincinnati really have all 3 (or however many) plays defended *that* well by their set up that there was no hope?
Or was it a case of the protection being completely wrong for however they had the D-line set up?

My understanding is that they normally send in three plays per down. I would guess that protections were the issue a good percentage of the time. It is very important to build confidence, not only with the rookies and the rest of the line, but with every player (TE, RB, FB, WR) that has blocking assignments.

The only time I will question the clock usage and timeouts is when we do not come away with a W. I would imagine that even in cases where they win, Trestman will address areas where there is room for improvement so that the majority of the time those situations are minimized or avoided altogether.
TexasBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as Game Day Thread's go, we really need to add this picture to it somewhere. Only on Martellus's twitter feed, guys.

Did I mention yet how big of a man crush I have on Martellus Bennett? This dude rules.
ForteOz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, nice.
That guy is hilarious. Did you hear him talking about his touchdown catch post game?
He said something to the effect of 'well, yeah, I had to channel my inner Brandon Marshall on that one'

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 2 of 24

Jump to: