Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2 GDT: Chicago Bears vs. Minnesota Vikings
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Week 2 GDT: Chicago Bears vs. Minnesota Vikings Reply with quote

The Bears of Chicago host the Vikings of Minnesota in an intra-divisional battle.

Chicago Bears

vs.

Minnesota Vikings

Picks to Click:

Jay Cutler:

Alshon Jeffrey

Julius Peppers

Keys to Victory:

This is a pic of a woman not knowing how to eat a taco:

Good Luck Charm:

Discuss football below.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds

Last edited by Mudderfudder77 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st post! Mr. Green

Good luck guys. It should be a great game. Hopefully the outcome is different this time in Soldier field!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read a post on another site that noticed that McClellin often admits defeat before the play is over. Essentially, instead of using all his energy to get to the QB, he'll retreat and try to swat a ball down. This trait hurts his pass rushing but is usually considered a good trait for LBs to have. Basically, he is good at reading plays.

Adopt-Bear:Jon Bostic Tackles: 56 INT:1 Sack:1
CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need our OL to block as well as it did last Sunday if we hope to contain Jared Allen.

Christian Ponder doesn't exactly strike fear into my eyes, but they're going to have their hands full with AP. Mans on a tear (even though he had a ton of negative yardage plays after his big one to start on Sunday), and our D is going to have clean up the sloppiness overall if they don't want him to shred us apart.

After seeing the second half on Sunday I think we have a more well-rounded offense that was playing with a lot of confidence late on Sunday. I hope for the Bears to pick up right where they left off.....

Bears 31, Vikings 17

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 77 Yds: 821 TD: 6

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Three Keys to the Game…

Bears Front Seven vs. Adrian Peterson…

This will be the key to the game for any team that faces the Vikings all year…do not under an circumstance let Adrian Peterson beat you…pick you poison and make Christian Ponder try to beat you through the air…for all the moves they made in the offseason in adding Greg Jennings & Cordarrelle Patterson to the outside they still don’t seem to have the QB in Ponder to get those guys the ball down the field on a consistent basis to open up the box for Peterson…usually I would say our front seven is a match up for any player but after what we saw in Cinccy there are many things that need to be improved…out of the seven guys only two guys played at a good level in Stephen Paea & James Anderson…Lance Briggs had one good series where he made two great plays…but outside of that he was guilty of missed tackles...DJ Williams just didn’t do enough IMO…Henry Melton was much the same and was just unable to make his usual impact as a pass rusher…Corey Wootton was held in check and Julius Peppers was perhaps the most unimpressive going up against a 2nd stringer and not having an effect as a rusher or against the run…all five guys need to step it up…the good news is Peterson isn’t quite as effective without FB Jerome Felton in the line-up…last year his YPC was 6.9 yards with Felton in the line-up but 4.6 YPC without him…I also think they are missing Geoff Schwartz on the right side of the line with Phil Loadholt to simply overpower teams at the POA…and in the season opener against Detroit Peterson ran for 93 yards…78 yards came on one run…so in his next 17 rushing attempts he was help to just 15 yards…we have to have similar success.

Bears Oline vs. Vikings Dline…

We saw major progression on our Oline against the Bengals…we held arguably the best Dline in football without a sack and were able to stop the consistent pressure that Cutler has faced since arriving in Chicago…we also didn’t beat ourselves with false starts or holding penalties and saw the future with Kyle Long & Jordan Mills more than holding their own…but let’s not get carried away…it was only one game and we still have work to do…especially when it comes to run blocking…on 19 carries Matt Forte was held to just 50 yards…2.6 YPC is not going to win us many games…altho I don’t think for a second that Minnesota’s front seven is as talented as Cinccy’s they still have some talented up front in Jared Allen, Kevin Williams & Chad Greenway…our Oline has to get a helmet on a helmet and drive these guys backwards to give Forte some running room…doing that will not only let us be more balanced on offence but will also allow us to slow down their pass rush…and as we saw against Cinccy when Cutler has time he can be real good.

Start Fast…

I’m not sure whether it was the nerves of his first NFL game…or wanting to just get Cutler into some kind of rhythm…or if he was fearful of what the Bengals pass rush could do to a new Oline…whatever it was the play calling in the first half against Cinccy was very conservative and I think it showed in how much they were able to crowd the LOS and shut down the running game…in the 2nd half when he started to attack we saw the potential of what this offence can do…Trestman has to trust in Cutler and co to get it done early…lets be aggressive and try and make this a statement game…lets attack from the first whistle to the last.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like our depth on the DL and at LB. Should see a heavy rotation to keep those guys fresh to stop AP. AP is still all they have so I think it will be a double digit win for us.
CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect a much better game from our front 7. We know guys like Briggs, Melton, and Peppers are a lot better than what they showed on Sunday. Maybe Pepp is declining, but he's still gotta be better than what we just saw. BJGE isn't a guy you game plan around, AP is. I expect a much better game from our stars on D.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 77 Yds: 821 TD: 6

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Badger75

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bears win if they play 60 minutes of intense football.

Bears 2-0
Lions 2-0
GBP 1-1
Vikings 0-2 Wink
Nads786

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be a tough game. Vikings don't want to go 0-2 and they are going to come in with a lot of focus and desperation.

I'm pretty nervous about AP and if our LBs will be able to contain him.

Bears win in a squeaker (21-17).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
This will be a tough game. Vikings don't want to go 0-2 and they are going to come in with a lot of focus and desperation.

I'm pretty nervous about AP and if our LBs will be able to contain him.

Bears win in a squeaker (21-17).

Vikes don't really scare me. It'll be easier said than done, but if you stop AP you pretty much give yourself an excellent chance of winning the game, unless you're name is the Jacksonville Jaguars.

No offense to Vikes fans but Christian Ponder is a poor QB.

Plus when's the last time the Vikings won a game at Soldier Field?
Nads786

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ 2007 was the last time when AP went nuts on us.

I'm surprised they didn't beat us during their superbowl run in 2009 with favre.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:

I'm surprised they didn't beat us during their superbowl run in 2009 with favre.

I'm surprised they beat the Bears last year in Minnesota and went on to make the playoffs. I just don't think they're really that good of a team.

Ponder severely limits what they're able to do on offense. Imagine they didn't have AP?
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 2 GDT: Chicago Bears vs. Minnesota Vikings Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
The Bears of Chicago host the Vikings of Minnesota in an intra-divisional battle.

Chicago Bears

vs.

Minnesota Vikings

Picks to Click:

Jay Cutler:

Alshon Jeffrey

Julius Peppers

Keys to Victory:

This is a pic of a woman not knowing how to eat a taco:

Discuss football below.
Speaking of tacos, it is an eternal mystery to me that, even with all the fantastic Mexican joints in Chicago, the best tacos are homemade. Why?
Badger75

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFC Norris. Black and Blue division. Play like you mean it. Bostic is taking notes?

Note this. Cool

Wonder what Old Bear Leslie Frazier will be telling his team?
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
Nads786 wrote:

I'm surprised they beat the Bears last year in Minnesota and went on to make the playoffs. I just don't think they're really that good of a team.

Ponder severely limits what they're able to do on offense. Imagine they didn't have AP?
The Vikings are still building and last year was somewhat premature. They should have never won that game against the Bears last year. We were bad and made them look better than they were. However, we will have to play as well as we did Sunday to beat them, I don't think they are going to self-destruct in a wave of stupidity like the Bengals did. Keep the turnovers coming.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 1 of 24

Jump to: