Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Montee Ball
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheChosen186

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhuston wrote:
Montee Ball makes KM look like a sprinter and finishes weaker than Hillman. I think it is clear who the number one back on this team is. KM is slow but at least he realized that and said I need to finish with power which he surely does. That "trash" back that many of you keep referring to just keeps chugging along. When healthy he does produce.

Lets hope Moreno can stay healthy in the playoffs this time and doesn't become like Tomlinson.

I think it is time to give Hillman more of the ball than Ball now. Ball looked bad today in terms of running the ball. It isn't 100% his fault because the o-line seemed to block bad under Ball but it was fault when he had time and couldn't find the hole and run through them. He was good in the the screen pass/passing game today though.
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was surprised that Hillman got no reps today....Ball looked terrible. That fumble was especially brutal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early on Lacy has definitely looked the better back. And lets not forget, running back has always been one of the easiest positions to come in to the NFL and play right away.
A bunch of backs have come in as rookies and played well if not dominated. While I have no doubt Ball will get better, it is a huge disappointment to me that he looks as bad as he does thus far.
rhuston

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lacey got ko'd today after one carry.
mke1010

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhuston wrote:

I know he had a concussion today but is there any doubt that in the early running he has looked far more dominant than Ball? He looks faster, bigger and much more decisive in hitting the hole when he has the ball.

To be frank, aside from the fused toe which made the Broncos red flag Lacy, he is in a much different class than Ball. The idea they were close in talent level to begin with is ludicrous.
TheChosen186

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhuston wrote:

By a completely dirty play by Merriweather. I'll be shocked if he doesn't get fined or disciplined for that play. It doesn't show any indication to how durable Lacy is. Ball was drafted over Lacy because of durability but that's a dumb reason because Ball looks like he doesn't even belong in the NFL.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
Early on Lacy has definitely looked the better back. And lets not forget, running back has always been one of the easiest positions to come in to the NFL and play right away.
A bunch of backs have come in as rookies and played well if not dominated. While I have no doubt Ball will get better, it is a huge disappointment to me that he looks as bad as he does thus far.

Running back is also a position that many players need to have the speed of the game slowed down for them to succeed.

Just because someone isn't instantly dominating doesn't make them inferior. Demaryius Thomas didn't come in right away and dominate. He's pretty good though.

Thanks, Tzimisce
hibdib31

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheChosen186 wrote:
rhuston wrote:

By a completely dirty play by Merriweather. I'll be shocked if he doesn't get fined or disciplined for that play. It doesn't show any indication to how durable Lacy is. Ball was drafted over Lacy because of durability but that's a dumb reason because Ball looks like he doesn't even belong in the NFL.

For as hard as the league is coming down on Suh, they need to "send a me$$age" to Meriweather and make him pay or suspend him. The way he consistently leads with his helmet on hits in a spearing fashion is ridiculous. Not surprised he knocked himself out later in the game by leading with his helmet on a "tackle" attempt.
BullsandBroncos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

Running back is also a position that many players need to have the speed of the game slowed down for them to succeed.

Just because someone isn't instantly dominating doesn't make them inferior. Demaryius Thomas didn't come in right away and dominate. He's pretty good though.

A Wide Receiver is MUCH harder to do that with
rhuston

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Denver needs a way to IR either Ball or Hillman and bring back McGahee!
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhuston wrote:
Maybe Denver needs a way to IR either Ball or Hillman and bring back McGahee!

The same McGahee who couldn't beat out Brandon Jacobs for a place on the Giants?

There is clearly something wrong with Willis' health. As a runner he is better than pretty much every single #2 RB option in the league, and we aren't the only ones who have no interest in him.

MUFC OK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: