Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ryan Mathews
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duffman57

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Terrible mistake going out of bounds, but my boy ran hard today!!! Just give him some blocking!

FIFY... Laughing

Bolt Up Comrades!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to back 100 yard games from Mathews. Hopefully he could continue his hot streak the rest of the way. Makes this offense so much tougher to stop.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mathews looks good and seems to be reading this forum because he's been seeing cutback lanes these past few weeks. He's definitely playing for his future right now, I like the combo of Mathews/Woodhead.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charger-man wrote:
Mathews looks good and seems to be reading this forum because he's been seeing cutback lanes these past few weeks. He's definitely playing for his future right now, I like the combo of Mathews/Woodhead.

Definitely, and I'm still waiting for him to start breaking out those 40+ yard runs that he did at Fresno State.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that he hasn't broke a "Big" one yet is why alot of us have been down on him. Coming into the league and being drafted so high gave us very high expectations. He hasn't lived up to them. But I think that we are not giving him enough credit for his ability. He still has tons of potential based on his athleticism, speed and strength. He has greatly improved at holding onto the ball and has been fairly reliable health wise this year (at least compared to the rest of the team). His vision while still lacking is getting better. He has a decent yards per carry average which would be even better with a few long runs. He is still young. Take Marshawn Lynch for example. He could have been considered injury prone missing 23 games in his first 5 years and not playing 16 in any of those. He averaged 3.9 yards per carry those years. I thought he was garbage back then. Now he has become one of the better backs in the league.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unreal, no clue why Mathews only got one carry after dominating the first quarter. And why no carries at the goal line?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Unreal, no clue why Mathews only got one carry after dominating the first quarter. And why no carries at the goal line?

Question of the week. My guess is he pissed Mccoy off and if that is the truth then i applaud Mccoy sticking to his guns. Still wiuld have at least liked to see Mcclain get a goaline carry though.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pissed McCoy off how?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea. It's all speculation based on him getting pulled.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, not sure what he would have done to [inappropriate/removed] McCoy off. He ran well in the first quarter and I thought for sure he was on his way to his third consecutive 100+ yard game.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that they gave up on Mathews, they gave up on the run completely. I think Woodhead had one carry after the half, and he was in for 80-90% of the plays.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last two games Mathews has broken a big run and I hope this is a trend. Sucks you guys are on a side, but this guy has played well. Has anyone's opinion on him changed?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Last two games Mathews has broken a big run and I hope this is a trend. Sucks you guys are on a side, but this guy has played well. Has anyone's opinion on him changed?

He has always been talented but lazy. His mid season spike in production is exactly what I would expect of someone with his contract status. He'll put in good work this offseason and look like a franchise back next year.

EverythingSF wrote:
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope so, he had a good second season I believe, but this is the type of ball he is capable of playing. I still say he is one of the best pass protecting backs in the game as well.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Hope so, he had a good second season I believe, but this is the type of ball he is capable of playing. I still say he is one of the best pass protecting backs in the game as well.

Even Trindon Holliday would bowl over Mathews in pass pro. He's just no good at it really. It is a shame because if he could, he'd be an every down back and he can catch.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: