Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Young Jeezy - Who Dat (your anthem?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirtyBird4L

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Young Jeezy - Who Dat (your anthem?) Reply with quote

Hey guys, Falcons fan here. First I'd like to say that once again it came down to the wire. Great game other than our horrid offensive line play. I think our rookie CB's did a phenomenal job handling Brees in their NFL debut.

Now to the original reason I came here. I've noticed that you guys LOVE to play the song Who Dat by Young Jeezy and I've been told it's kind of your anthem (I heard it blasting yesterday too). Do any of you realize that it's a diss song to the Saints and a shout out to the Falcons? Let me explain:

Firstly, Young Jeezy is on record saying that the song is a shout out to his Birds. He is an Atlanta based rapper, grew up here, and is an avid Falcons fan. The lyrics, "They say Who Dat, (expletive) We Dat, Shawty Redd on the track" is referring to Atlanta fans and the Falcons when he says "We Dat". Shawty Redd is a record producer and songwriter from Atlanta. Jeezy has given shout outs to the Falcons in other songs and Mike Vick when he was here as well.

I've really been wanting to share this information with you guys for some time now but haven't got around to it. It's pretty entertaining to me when I hear it blasting in the Superdome. Everyone is singing along, chanting it, and not understanding the meaning of the hook. It's pretty clear if you take the time to listen to the lyrics and say it out loud knowing what I just told you lol. Someone needs to tell the guys in the Superdome booth to stop playing it, especially during Falcons games! YOU'RE DISSING YOUR OWN TEAM!!

Anyway, just some friendly information I wanted to share with you guys haha. I'm sure you're all ecstatic with the win and Payton being back. I was fuming after the game as I feel we could and should have won that game. Thankfully, the Panthers and Bucs lost as well. See you week 12 in the Dome!
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats actually pretty funny Laughing

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
domepatrol91

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But it's so catchy. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

SWATcha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe, it's reverse psychology.

You see, we know what he's saying, and we know you know what he's saying, but we're going to blast it anyway making you think that we don't know what he's saying. Then, when you start questioning if we know anything at all, bam, we're in your head. We know, we don't care, we'll play your music and still beat you. Psychology 101 baby! WHO DAT!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:

You see, we know what he's saying, and we know you know what he's saying, but we're going to blast it anyway making you think that we don't know what he's saying. Then, when you start questioning if we know anything at all, bam, we're in your head. We know, we don't care, we'll play your music and still beat you. Psychology 101 baby! WHO DAT!

Next season we blast nothing but Ludacris and Outkast.

Robust Perry wrote:
They were the dirtiest organization in football

In reference to the Saints.
DirtyBird4L

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:

This made me laugh lol. You guys are a fun bunch and I think I'll come around here more often. I still hate all of you though Laughing
Sec104row6

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
SWATcha wrote:

Next season we blast nothing but Ludacris and Outkast.

Gawd I hope not...save the ghetto garbage...

The crap they've been playing lately in the dome is completely annoying.
Of course there's "Stand up and Get Crunk" after we score..and that's a good one...and the Ozzy "Crazy Trian" is good..."We Will Rock You" is trite but energetic and ok..
They occasionally play "Back in Black" and that's good ..except when we wear white jerseys at home, which I HATE...

The rest sounds like some crap from BET or Soul Train or some indecipherable, annoying, electronic hip hop ebonics.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Young Jeezy - Who Dat (your anthem?) Reply with quote

DirtyBird4L wrote:
Hey guys, Falcons fan here. First I'd like to say that once again it came down to the wire. Great game other than our horrid offensive line play. I think our rookie CB's did a phenomenal job handling Brees in their NFL debut.

Now to the original reason I came here. I've noticed that you guys LOVE to play the song Who Dat by Young Jeezy and I've been told it's kind of your anthem (I heard it blasting yesterday too). Do any of you realize that it's a diss song to the Saints and a shout out to the Falcons? Let me explain:

Firstly, Young Jeezy is on record saying that the song is a shout out to his Birds. He is an Atlanta based rapper, grew up here, and is an avid Falcons fan. The lyrics, "They say Who Dat, (expletive) We Dat, Shawty Redd on the track" is referring to Atlanta fans and the Falcons when he says "We Dat". Shawty Redd is a record producer and songwriter from Atlanta. Jeezy has given shout outs to the Falcons in other songs and Mike Vick when he was here as well.

I've really been wanting to share this information with you guys for some time now but haven't got around to it. It's pretty entertaining to me when I hear it blasting in the Superdome. Everyone is singing along, chanting it, and not understanding the meaning of the hook. It's pretty clear if you take the time to listen to the lyrics and say it out loud knowing what I just told you lol. Someone needs to tell the guys in the Superdome booth to stop playing it, especially during Falcons games! YOU'RE DISSING YOUR OWN TEAM!!

Anyway, just some friendly information I wanted to share with you guys haha. I'm sure you're all ecstatic with the win and Payton being back. I was fuming after the game as I feel we could and should have won that game. Thankfully, the Panthers and Bucs lost as well. See you week 12 in the Dome!

No disrespect to you there dirtybirdfan but I'm a season ticket holder for the Saints and have been for years and I honestly don't have any idea what you are talking about. Throughout the years there have been many different fads with music associated with NFL teams but they are mostly trends and like any trend they come and go.

As far as a anthem for the New Orleans Saints??? If there is one is would and always will be "When the Saints Go Marching In". THis song you speak of is a fad... nothing more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
taquarih

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp... the Ying Yang Twins "Stand Up Get Crunk" was also probably not meant for The Who Dat Nation... but until this year, it was almost exclusively our Touch Down Song...

I was also surprised by Jeezy's "Who Dat" being on REPEAT during warmups, but I forgot it was such a good WhoDatNation song!

Either way...

It gets the teams mind right!! and that's all that matters

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taquarih wrote:
Welp... the Ying Yang Twins "Stand Up Get Crunk" was also probably not meant for The Who Dat Nation... but until this year, it was almost exclusively our Touch Down Song...

I was also surprised by Jeezy's "Who Dat" being on REPEAT during warmups, but I forgot it was such a good WhoDatNation song!

Either way...

It gets the teams mind right!! and that's all that matters

Leave it to the Saints to turn something that was meant for Atlanta into a positive for New Orleans! Laughing

Thanks Jeezy or what ever your name is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: