Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Musgrave a Must-go?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AQuintus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:

So you believe that just because the league is becoming more pass-happy, we must follow the trend?

Putting it that way makes it sound like the whole "Just because everyone else is jumping off of a bridge are you going to do it too?" saying, and that's not where I'm going at all. I don't want to become more pass happy because the rest of the league is becoming more pass happy. I want to become more pass-happy for the same reason that the rest of the league has become more pass-happy - because changes in the rules over the last decade (rules against hitting the QBs and WRs) have created a significant advantage in passing offense vs Running offense.

Quote:
And this makes you opposed to any offensive coordinator preaching a strong running game first and foremost?

Yes. I'm not opposed to having a strong running game along with a strong passing game, but I'm against our current 80s style, run up the gut 30 times a game offense. Personally, I'd like to see the team bring in a more spread offense that employs the threat of QB, the option, and the pistol formation. We've seen what that kind of offense can do for Marshawn Lynch and Shady McCoy; just imagine how dominant AD would look in it.
swiss_vike

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With his opening kick off return for a touchdown, Patterson gas earned 1 more snap than the previous week from Musgrave. He's really a generous man.
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting revelation in today's pressers.

Regarding the 3rd down and goal play, Christian said he was given no other plays to check into based on the defense. "I had no check to a pass."

This could be interpreted as a lack of faith in Ponder, but I see it more as Musgrave's stubbornness to run the ball.
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No posts in almost a month. Is it because we've come to a consensus decision on him?
Freakout

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
No posts in almost a month. Is it because we've come to a consensus decision on him?

I think it is because most want the entire coaching staff gone.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking back on one drive in particular, late in the 3rd. It was the one that began with Adrian's long run. The last 7 plays of that drive were all passes. It was Adrian's final carry of the game with 6:10 remaining in the 3rd.

When your best player is starting to get in a groove, you have to get him the ball. I know we were way down at that point, but still.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a guy who has been with the team for 2 weeks and starting in his first game. Yet, we put the ball in the air 53 times. The Vikings have only exceeded 53 attempts ten times in franchise history. 5 of which were under Tommy Kramer. This was the worst possible scenario to decide to start airing things out. I don't even know what to say about this franchise anymore.

Todd Gurley to Minnesota!
Frank Costello

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish Musgrave would fall down a hole on the way to the airport. You're not gonna get much out of me until he's fired.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there's a single QB out there that would make this offense look that much better.

Musgrave has to go, but unfortunately I think we wait until the end of the year for that to happen.

So, I expect us to be picking in the top 5 again, allowing us to successfully get rid of Musgrave and rest of these bum coaches.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
swiss_vike

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
I don't think there's a single
QB out there that would make this offense look that much better.

Give Payton Manning 3 days with this offense without interference from the coaches and I'm convinced that this offense would look capable.

0 points against one of the worst defenses? There's no excuse.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other thing I think is being overlooked is the fact that Jerome Simpson is the flanker. Meaning he is typically the first read with Greg Jennings on the backside. We payed Jennings all that money to be a #2 WR?

rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simpson is the split end, but the point still stands.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Simpson is the split end, but the point still stands.

I knew that. Don't know why I said flanker. It never made sense from the beginning. Simpson is very finesse player who would have benefited from lining off of the LOS at the flank. Jennings is an upper echelon route runner and is much better suited to be the SE. Another poor personnel decision.

Klomp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/229191461.html
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothin wrong with Musgraves playbook. Pretty much every offense in the nfl is a variant of one of three systems anyway.

It's his play calling ability that he deserves criticism.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: