Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2 GDT: The Bounce Back edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Honey Badger comes up BIG

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arians gets his first win!

Gritty performance. It wasn't pretty but we made a lot of crucial plays in the 4th quarter.

And with that win and the Rams loss today and the Seahawk/49er game later tonight, We'll be tied for 2nd in the division. It was huge not to fall 2 games behind the leader in this division.

Round of applause today to the rookies. Mathieu, Tony Jefferson, Ellington, and Kerry Taylor made some big plays.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also ST this game was very impressive. Feely was pretty much perfect today with 4 FGs and great kickoffs and Zastudil must have pinned inside their 10 yard line 3 different times. Add in a trademark Cardinals blocked kick and our ST performance was lightyears ahead of last week.
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game guys. good luck the rest of the season.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
Good game guys. good luck the rest of the season.

Same to you guys, cheers

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell of a game guys.. Keep the good luck going Luky11 Laughing

What was the difference between today and last week and who was harder? Lions or Rams.

You're defense was on fire that 4th QTR, A valiant effort. They were like angry dogs chasing everyone. The FG block was just icing. The Reggie Bush fumble was opportunistic. Just all around good stuff, Y'all deserve that win.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cham wrote:
Hell of a game guys.. Keep the good luck going Luky11 Laughing

What was the difference between today and last week and who was harder? Lions or Rams.

You're defense was on fire that 4th QTR, A valiant effort. They were like angry dogs chasing everyone. The FG block was just icing. The Reggie Bush fumble was opportunistic. Just all around good stuff, Y'all deserve that win.

Honestly I think the only difference was our ST play. We played a little worse on offense and our defense still gave up too many yards and long drives. But with the FG block, Feely going 4/4, and Zastudil pinning them deep, I think that was the difference.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And to add onto what the special teams did, the defense played a lot better this week as well. And Levi wasnt AS bad as last week (which isn't that hard)

A lot of Rookies stepped up though, and I love it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
And to add onto what the special teams did, the defense played a lot better this week as well. And Levi wasnt AS bad as last week (which isn't that hard)

Understood.. Also, Who had the better Dline? Saw DET had one sack but Boxscores are never a good indication of play..

The Saints next week.. Good luck boys!
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cham wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:

Understood.. Also, Who had the better Dline? Saw DET had one sack but Boxscores are never a good indication of play..

I think the Rams had a way better Dline. Much more explosive. But we didn't see Fairley today

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Notes:

The OL was much much better than last week. Levi played better. Not great but average.

Ellington pretty much gives us what LSH has given us on offense the past few years but in a bigger body.

Mendenhall... only 26... I think if he keeps showing well you have to consider resigning him to a longer deal. He displayed very good vision today and has done very well in the passing game. He knows when to bounce it outside but also runs with power up the middle.

Karlos Dansby had a really nice game. He missed the ball on the long Johnson TD but the YAC really wasn't his fault. He made about 3-4 good plays in coverage though that our LBs weren't making last week.

John Abraham, Acho, Alexander, whoever... somebody needs to get some hits on the QB. Acho is one of those young guys that has seemingly stopped progressing.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
Cham wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:

I think the Rams had a way better Dline. Much more explosive. But we didn't see Fairley today

Was pretty much as expected. Lions gave us more trouble up the middle. Rams gave us more trouble off the edge,

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched the game on ESPN gamecast as i was at work, but watching the replay tonight.

Stats and commentary suggested a disjointed effort.

Amazed we won.

1 sack conceded and 1 generated, that is a start isnt it?

3-11 3rd downs for them and under 50 yards on the ground, that is a good D or bad Detriot O? I will watch the game and make my own decision.

From espn report : The Cardinals held the Lions to 13 yards on just eight plays in the third.

Also, those John Gruden Corona ads are just afwul, painful to watch.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Akers we present you with a key to our lovely city.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
More Notes:

The OL was much much better than last week. Levi played better. Not great but average.

Ellington pretty much gives us what LSH has given us on offense the past few years but in a bigger body.

Mendenhall... only 26... I think if he keeps showing well you have to consider resigning him to a longer deal. He displayed very good vision today and has done very well in the passing game. He knows when to bounce it outside but also runs with power up the middle.

Karlos Dansby had a really nice game. He missed the ball on the long Johnson TD but the YAC really wasn't his fault. He made about 3-4 good plays in coverage though that our LBs weren't making last week.

John Abraham, Acho, Alexander, whoever... somebody needs to get some hits on the QB. Acho is one of those young guys that has seemingly stopped progressing.

I'm really liking Mendenhall but I'm fine letting him have a nice contract year then leaving. Basic sell-high scenario.

Ellington and Taylor are clearly the future RB's on this team. I think we should draft a late-round back every year.

Williams is still under contract thru next season but who knows what his role will be...

Also, good job Levi!

The Rebuild Has Begun...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: