Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2 GDT: The Bounce Back edition
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Week 2 GDT: The Bounce Back edition Reply with quote

I've seen a couple of Game day threads like this so Ill give it a go...

This week in the lives of the Arizona Cardinals...

Reporter: Bruce would you consider benching Levi Brown?
Arians: To who? it's not like I have options
Reporter: but didn't you describe Levi as elite?
Arians: Yes but I didn't say he was in football
Reporter: what is he elite in then?
Arians: the man can hammer down donuts like nobody's business

Reporter: Levi, do you think you played poorly today?
Levi: No
Reporter: But you gave up 3 sacks!
Levi: outside of that I think I was pretty good!

Reporter: Carson how do you feel about your new receivers compared to the ones in Oakland?
Carson: Have you ever had Angel Food Cake?
Reporter: Yea
Carson: Have you ever dipped it in chocolate?
Reporter: Mother of God, yes
Carson: that's this year compared to last

Reporter: Larry how do you feel about Palmer compared to last years QBs?
Larry: Have you ever had Angel food Cake?
Reporter: Yes?
Larry: have you ever dipped it in chocolate?
Reporter: Is it safe to say you guys are on the same page?
Larry: How can you tell?

BACKGROUND: Last week the Lions played the Vikings. They beat them by a score of 34-24. Stafford put up 357 yards 2 touchdowns and 1 interception. Reggie Bush ran for 90 yards on 21 carries. Their defense forced 2 fumbles, recovered one. They also intercepted Ponder 3 times and sacked him 3 times as well. Suh got flagged for a chop block and could be fined.

Lucky's 3 Keys to Victory:

Lions
-Attack Levi Brown
- Spread the Ball around, don't hone in on Megatron too much
- Get Reggie Bush going early, if they can run we are screwed

Cardinals
-STEP UP LEVI
-Get some sort of pass rush from anyone
- Keep up the good Work from Palmer

This week could be essential in having a successful season as the schedule gets rough after this. We need Levi to play better, continue the success passing and run the ball well. Start to get a pass rush and maybe we can get a little momentum going into this rough patch. I expect a couple turnovers from this secondary and the offense to capitalize

PREDICTION: 31-24 Cardinals pull it off

Now in case You need some help getting pumped up...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vtWB4owdE

And last but not least LETS GO CARDS!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell of a write up lucky

I see a final score of 34 - 24 to lions unfortunately
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's going to be a pretty good game. I'm expecting anything from the Lions. Just hoping really. If Reggie and Calvin get going early, it's game over. I think our D-Line will eat you guys up. I am really only worried about your WR's with Roberts, Floyd and Larry...and then your DB's. I wanted both PP and Mathieu in the draft. Luckily they got paired together. How are they holding up so far?
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
I think it's going to be a pretty good game. I'm expecting anything from the Lions. Just hoping really. If Reggie and Calvin get going early, it's game over. I think our D-Line will eat you guys up. I am really only worried about your WR's with Roberts, Floyd and Larry...and then your DB's. I wanted both PP and Mathieu in the draft. Luckily they got paired together. How are they holding up so far?

PP was quiet Sunday because Bradford never threw anywhere near him and Mathieu gave up a few catches but always recovered and made the tackle. Both looked solid against the Rams

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:

PP was quiet Sunday because Bradford never threw anywhere near him and Mathieu gave up a few catches but always recovered and made the tackle. Both looked solid against the Rams

How do you think they'll do against good receivers?
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:

How do you think they'll do against good receivers?

That'll be answered Sunday Laughing

I think PP vs Megatron will be fun to watch (In other words I dont know what to expect) and Mathieu will be in the slot the whole game and he will do just fine

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the Lions winning the game by 2 TD.

Arizona will give up 4-6 sacks this game. Palmer will throw 1 int and have 2 or 3 fumbles between him and the RB.

Defense will struggle again to get any thing going.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
Got the Lions winning the game by 2 TD.

Arizona will give up 4-6 sacks this game. Palmer will throw 1 int and have 2 or 3 fumbles between him and the RB.

Defense will struggle again to get any thing going.

6 At Max? If they don't get more than 8. I will be disappointed...(No offense), but it's best D-Line vs. maybe worst O-Line...I think 9-10 Is a good number...You have to remember we'll more then likely get the lead quick..Then you guys have to pass. And unless Palmer has a very very quick release he'll be hit just about every play. And I know you have great WR's, but our DB's aren't trash anymore. Delmas and Quin are actually Above average. And Slay and Mathis are really good at TO's. And Houston is the #1 Corner. You guys will forsure get some big plays...but I don't see more than 40-50 yards rushing. And then hopefully (knock on wood) no more than 200 yards passing. I am really hoping for a blowout lol. Lions really need it with the horrible past.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I consider the Rams a top 3 Dline if not the best, we only gave up 4... Outside of Levi our line did pretty decent.10 is a big fat no

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome write up...very clever stuff.

sig made by mike23md
rob_shadows

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
I consider the Rams a top 3 Dline if not the best, we only gave up 4... Outside of Levi our line did pretty decent.10 is a big fat no

I think it's an interesting prospect for you guys from week 1 to week 2. You faced/are facing two of the top defensive lines but the difference is in week 1 it was the tackles truly being put to the test with one of the best combos of pass rushing DEs in the NFL with Quinn and Long, while Detroit will challenge the inside with one of the best (IMO the best but that may be biased) pair of pass rushing DTs in the NFL in Suh and Fairley.

That's not to say the Rams DTs are slouches and neither are the Lions DEs, just the true strong point for each team is opposite as with the Rams it's the ends and with the Lions it's the DTs.

One thing for sure, after this week you'll have a very good idea of how each player on the O-line fares against pass rushers as each will have had to face an elite pass rusher either week 1 or week 2.

...of course that all gets thrown out the window if Suh gets suspended as it's his double teams that often allow Fairley to wreak havok (led to much of his pressure, including his sack against the Vikings)

2014 AAL: DE Larry Webster III

Stats: N/A

2014 AAL: DE George Johnson

Tackles: 10, TFL: 2, Sacks: 1.5
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We won't give up 10 sacks

We are not that bad

Palmer is light years ahead of kolb and Skelton

We will lose, but it wil be close, story of our year for the next 15 games
apollo14000

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:

We are not that bad

Agreed. We have one truly bad weak spot on our OL (LT). Last year we had like 3. We are still improved in that area this year. Palmer is way more decisive than our previous QBs.

The odds are against us for this game. I think we'll be able to put up 20-24 points against their defense but their offense is much more dangerous than the Rams O. However, if PP can limit Johnson a fair amount I think we have a chance to win this game. This is really the premier matchup in this game.
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:

We are not that bad

Agreed. We have one truly bad weak spot on our OL (LT). Last year we had like 3. We are still improved in that area this year. Palmer is way more decisive than our previous QBs.

The odds are against us for this game. I think we'll be able to put up 20-24 points against their defense but their offense is much more dangerous than the Rams O. However, if PP can limit Johnson a fair amount I think we have a chance to win this game. This is really the premier matchup in this game.

You do realize Calvin had like 37 yards last game...yeah a lot was taken away, but thing you want to worry about is the one two punch...Reggie then Calvin. then a new TE in the group along with Pettigrew and Sheffler (both kind of stuggling)and two very decent WR...and my man Joique Bell!! I think Calvin and Pettigrew will be hungry this game...and so will the D-Line
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, on the sack thing. I know bodies have been added et al, but we only allowed one sack to the Lions last season.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: