You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2 GDT: The Bounce Back edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Yibbyl


Joined: 21 Apr 2011
Posts: 3293
Location: Redding, CA
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:
We won't give up 10 sacks

We are not that bad

Palmer is light years ahead of kolb and Skelton

We will lose, but it wil be close, story of our year for the next 15 games


Agreed. We have one truly bad weak spot on our OL (LT). Last year we had like 3. We are still improved in that area this year. Palmer is way more decisive than our previous QBs.

The odds are against us for this game. I think we'll be able to put up 20-24 points against their defense but their offense is much more dangerous than the Rams O. However, if PP can limit Johnson a fair amount I think we have a chance to win this game. This is really the premier matchup in this game.


You do realize Calvin had like 37 yards last game...yeah a lot was taken away, but thing you want to worry about is the one two punch...Reggie then Calvin. then a new TE in the group along with Pettigrew and Sheffler (both kind of stuggling)and two very decent WR...and my man Joique Bell!! I think Calvin and Pettigrew will be hungry this game...and so will the D-Line

Gotta say IMO limiting Bush's total yards is going to be a bigger challenge than controlling Megatron. PP should do OK vs. Calvin...they both will make some plays, but I could see Bush giving the D fits in mid zones. Control Reggie and I think this is a winable game.
_________________

Adopt a Bill:
I'd like to adopt myself as GM!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 52070
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Stafford cannot have happy memories of the Cardinals. Three picks, two being returned for TD's last season without throwing a TD and completing less than 50% of his passes.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 23563
Location: PGH
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, beat Detroit.

Thanks

~Vikings fan
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheROARisBACK


Joined: 22 Jan 2011
Posts: 3562
Location: Motor City
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious: How does the defense look without Ray Horton?
_________________
Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LuckyNumber11


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 9388
Location: Valley of the Sun
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheROARisBACK wrote:
Curious: How does the defense look without Ray Horton?


Bad
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 16150
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheROARisBACK wrote:
Curious: How does the defense look without Ray Horton?


Looks the same as Ray's first few games as DC.
_________________

mike23md
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 52070
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
TheROARisBACK wrote:
Curious: How does the defense look without Ray Horton?


Looks the same as Ray's first few games as DC.


Major difference is that early on in Ray's tenure we were getting some more pressure.

There is also the fact that Horton was given about a quarter as much time to get his defense ready with the lockout that season.

I still am not big on Bowles, but he does deserves some leeway. However his leash is short IMO. This team cannot continue allowing 27 points and giving up 7 defensive penalties a game.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 16150
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
TheROARisBACK wrote:
Curious: How does the defense look without Ray Horton?


Looks the same as Ray's first few games as DC.


Major difference is that early on in Ray's tenure we were getting some more pressure.

There is also the fact that Horton was given about a quarter as much time to get his defense ready with the lockout that season.

I still am not big on Bowles, but he does deserves some leeway. However his leash is short IMO. This team cannot continue allowing 27 points and giving up 7 defensive penalties a game.


I fully favor Horton over Bowles but Ray had more to work with. Younger Dockett/A-Dub plus Washington/Rhodes.

I think we'll attacked the same way the Rams did. Lots of short stuff taking advantage of two LB's that can't cover plus really poor safety play. If we lose to Detroit 0-3 is a guarantee.

I'm sure Jimmy Graham is licking his chops for week 3 after seeing Jared Cook destroy us...
_________________

mike23md
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 52070
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
TheROARisBACK wrote:
Curious: How does the defense look without Ray Horton?


Looks the same as Ray's first few games as DC.


Major difference is that early on in Ray's tenure we were getting some more pressure.

There is also the fact that Horton was given about a quarter as much time to get his defense ready with the lockout that season.

I still am not big on Bowles, but he does deserves some leeway. However his leash is short IMO. This team cannot continue allowing 27 points and giving up 7 defensive penalties a game.


I fully favor Horton over Bowles but Ray had more to work with. Younger Dockett/A-Dub plus Washington/Rhodes.

I think we'll attacked the same way the Rams did. Lots of short stuff taking advantage of two LB's that can't cover plus really poor safety play. If we lose to Detroit 0-3 is a guarantee.

I'm sure Jimmy Graham is licking his chops for week 3 after seeing Jared Cook destroy us...


To be fair Dockett was on a downhill slide when Ray got here and it was the choice of the team to let Wilson/Rhodes move on. Cannot complain about moves that were willingly made.

We got attacked in the middle of the field. 75% of the throws I charted were on safeties, linebackers or Mathieu.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DetroitPride26


Joined: 25 Nov 2011
Posts: 1595
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Larry going to play?? That would be huge if he did or didn't for both teams..
_________________
Lions 2014: To A Better Year!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
apollo14000


Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 4490
Location: PA
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
Is Larry going to play?? That would be huge if he did or didn't for both teams..


Not sure but I'd assume so. It would a rough week to lose him with Housler out another week and only having 3 WR left.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LuckyNumber11


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 9388
Location: Valley of the Sun
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
Is Larry going to play?? That would be huge if he did or didn't for both teams..


There is no possible way he doesn't play, he's not questionable as far as I'm concerned. If he doesn't play, something's torn
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 52070
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
Is Larry going to play?? That would be huge if he did or didn't for both teams..


There is no possible way he doesn't play, he's not questionable as far as I'm concerned. If he doesn't play, something's torn


He has missed games in the past with Hamstring niggles. And Hammy's are the kind of thing that can get progressively worse if you don't give them time to heal.

I would not mind him missing one game to save him missing 3-4 down the track.

Only the medical staff know what the deal is though.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DetroitPride26


Joined: 25 Nov 2011
Posts: 1595
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
Is Larry going to play?? That would be huge if he did or didn't for both teams..


There is no possible way he doesn't play, he's not questionable as far as I'm concerned. If he doesn't play, something's torn


He has missed games in the past with Hamstring niggles. And Hammy's are the kind of thing that can get progressively worse if you don't give them time to heal.

I would not mind him missing one game to save him missing 3-4 down the track.

Only the medical staff know what the deal is though.


Yeah happened to a few Lions and they sat out TC, then got back on field healthy, but last year they tried to keep going like Delmas and only got worse.
_________________
Lions 2014: To A Better Year!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LuckyNumber11


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 9388
Location: Valley of the Sun
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Cardschatter: Fitz is playing. #AzCardinals inactives: QB Lindley, RB RWilliams, LB Okafor, DT Ta’amu, T Massie, G Watford, TE Housler #DETvsAZ
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group