Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: Browns @ Ravens GDT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Game 1 was:
A sign of things to come
27%
 27%  [ 8 ]
One of many learning experiences that will lead to a better 2nd half
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
A fluke loss, not a reflection of who we really are
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Our only loss of the season
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
hornbybrown
34%
 34%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 29

Thomas5737

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Week 2: Browns @ Ravens GDT Reply with quote

I know there are a lot of star wars fans here. I'm honestly not a big fan, but they seem to get glowing reviews in GDT's so I'm going to give it a shot. I apologize if I get a couple things wrong, I just prefer not to research. Very Happy

A long time ago, in a galaxy far away....

A young Luke Flamethrower set out on a journey of some kind to save someone or something...

After years of training at the art of lower level mediocrity he was severely wounded about the rotator cuff region and "forced" to pursue the unimaginable task of destroying the factory of sadness...

He knew he couldn't take this on alone and sought out help from a wizard known as Lombardo the not so great:

He assured him that he would give him a crew that would guarantee victory and they were:

No Hans Little

C3guysblowbyme Cousins:

R2D2 Skrine

And Spock

Together they set out on a long journey to destroy the factory. They encountered some aquatic mammals early on and being favored to be victorious they attacked them with a great vigor. The battle lasted just 60 minutes, but the young Jedi's were battered severely and sent packing by the ferocious fish-like creatures. They knew they needed more training.

Young Flamethrower reached out for guidance from the wisest man he knew, Yoda Chudzi... oh forget it. He just went by Yoda.

Young Flamethrower trained and trained (within the restrictions of the CBA) to prepare as they head north to battle the dark force known as the Ratbirds from hell. They are led by the evil Darth Harbaugh:

He is planning to bring his secret weapon, Jabba the look at those ti...

Will they be able to tame these birds of prey or will they once again suffer defeat from another non threatening animal species? Find out when they square off Sunday at 1:00 est on CBS.

Princess Leia will be there, will you?

Monday's Browns forum headlines:

(click on picture)

Last edited by Thomas5737 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:20 am; edited 4 times in total
MalcolmBrown

Location: 2014 Adopt a Brownie: Jim Dray: 10 Receptions, 144 Yards (14.4 ypc), 1 TD, 8 FD
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm usually pretty positive about my Brownies....

That being said...I have no idea what to expect.

Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland
candyman93

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blueprint regarding how to beat the Ravens.

1. Defense must be physical and disruptive. Flacco is average when he's shoved out of his 'comfort zone.' So are his receivers. Challenge them at the line, and they'll wimp on routes. Torrey Smith will destroy your secondary if you give him any space.

2. Ray Rice is always a threat, but he can be neutralized- with 'box stacking' on obvious run plays, and a LB 'spy' for outlet passes / checkdowns.

3. Flacco doesn't have a Anquan Boldin / Dennis Pitta to help him sustain drives. This is killer in tight games where both teams are evenly matched.

4. Smart play on offense will exploit the holes they now have on defense. Michael Huff got exposed badly. They have really good CBs, but very weak safeties. Run right at Dumervil.

5. Continue to play inspired, disciplined ball into the 3rd quarter, and they'll implode.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please pray for me I will be at the game..... oh yea and they are doing the superbowl ring presentation..... Crying or Very sad
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is pretty sickening to have not heard anything about the guard situation yet. At the very least Gilkey should be getting even reps with Cousins to at least see about a new starter. I was also hoping for some vet workouts to replace Cousins.

If they plan to start Cousins without so much as making him sweat for his job then they deserve to lose week2 as well.

Jamison on the sig
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
It is pretty sickening to have not heard anything about the guard situation yet. At the very least Gilkey should be getting even reps with Cousins to at least see about a new starter. I was also hoping for some vet workouts to replace Cousins.

If they plan to start Cousins without so much as making him sweat for his job then they deserve to lose week2 as well.

Could not agree more.

I wanted Gilkey starting week 1, but if Cousins' performance wasn't enough to warrant getting Gilkey a shot, I don't know what will.

As for my prediction for the game...

Ravens 27
Browns 13

Trent gets 9 carries so he can stay "Fresh".... [inappropriate/removed]

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
MalcolmBrown

Location: 2014 Adopt a Brownie: Jim Dray: 10 Receptions, 144 Yards (14.4 ypc), 1 TD, 8 FD
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Could not agree more.

I wanted Gilkey starting week 1, but if Cousins' performance wasn't enough to warrant getting Gilkey a shot, I don't know what will.

As for my prediction for the game...

Ravens 27
Browns 13

Trent gets 9 carries so he can stay "Fresh".... [inappropriate/removed]

Wait so it's ok to say "[inappropriate/removed]"?

If those [inappropriate/removed] give trent less than 20 carries again and we lose, I'm gonna have much more to say about those [inappropriate/removed], and where they can stick their gameplan....in their [inappropriate/removed]. I thought these [inappropriate/removed] were s'posed to make this team look less like a bunch of [inappropriate/removed] running around trying to make plays with their heads up their [inappropriate/removed].

Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland
fatpig

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ hahaha

Thomas what happened to your link in OP? i saw it yesterday and lol'ed, one of the best links to grace a GDT in a long while

as far as the game goes... i think Weeden rebounds and has an OK game but Balt has all the emotion on their side, not to mention they'll be in a bad mood due to their flop in Denver last week. CLE 21 BAL 27
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was cute

Don't do it again.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:

to me there is no way they bring in a vet. who ever they could bring in would not know enough of the offense. The blocking scheme or blocking calls to play sunday so I dont see them signing anyone but I prolly see him split reps more with the other guard

I also will have more confidence in him this week then last week because he wont be going up against any DTs. He wont have a man constantly line up off him. He will do more helping and getting up to LBs then being designed to block a man on man. Will Baltimore scheme to attack cousins more? prolly but in blocking a 3/4 system its easier for the guards but harder for the center and tackles

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look what I started....

Whoops

I just assumed it would automatically be blurred out lol

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

Baltimore keys to the game:

Rush the right side of the line.

Pass to whoever Owens/Busted Skrine door is covering on 3rd and long.

It hurts to say it but our weakest links are pretty darn weak.

Browns keys to the game:

Suit up Hornbybrown and hope for the best.

That is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
DawgX

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the front seven plays well again, then the Browns will have a chance to win the game. Haden should keep Smith in check and the Ravens don't have a #2 WR as good as Hartline to beat up on Cleveland's other CBs.

The right side of the offensive line needs to drastically improve and the receivers need to not drop passes and simply play better.

If these things happen, then the Browns have a legitimate shot at winning the game. I'm still picking the Ravens, though.

Smack on the sig.
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha I love the revolving billboard. Laughing

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig
bruceb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will make the Ravens look like Super Bowl champions...oh, but they are.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 1 of 26

Jump to: