Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2 GDT- Detroit Lions @ Arizona Cardinals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins? Or pick your poison poll
Detroit wins
39%
 39%  [ 16 ]
Arizona wins
19%
 19%  [ 8 ]
Suh Haters win and he is suspended?
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Larry Fitz outproduces Calvin
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Calvin outproduces Larry Fitz
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pettigrew drops 3 or more balls
29%
 29%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 41

detfan782004

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Pettigrew has been targeted heavily over the past three seasons. The Lion's obviously want their TE to be an integral part of their passing offense, but Stafford doesn't trust him and that's why he isn't being targeted. He's a detriment to our success, and anyone with sense can see it.

Thats just it. This offense designed for a pass catching TE not a run blocking TE.

That is the #1 issue

What? No it isn't.

Yes it is. It is VERY CLEAR they want the TE to be very big part of passing game.

Oh, at times, sure. That doesn't mean that it needs a pass-catching TE. They want a blocking TE that can also be a short-yardage target. That's what this offense is designed for.

You are clearly making stuff up at this point to try and save face. You are so wrong it is brutally painful to watch you trying to tread water.

OC- Minny 2002 (3rd and 4th receiver was TEs) Moss
OC- Minny 2003 (3rd leading receiver TE) Moss
OC- Minny 2004 (Leading receiver in catches was a TE)
OC- Miami 2005 (second leading receiver was a TE)

So yes! Scott Linehan offense is designed around a pass catching TE and a WR who stretches field.

That is his offense. To argue otherwise is silly

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look who's being, "that guy". You know, the one who laughs at his own jokes, and finds his own stories interesting- while everyone else heads hurt from the retardedness of it all?

LMAO. Furia and Scheffler played 11 snaps between both of them against Arizona. Pettigrew played 57 out of 60 snaps that game. He's killing us.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The forum is confused? Shocking stuff. What I can summarize from the last few pages:

- Scott Linehan doesn't utilize and prefer 2 TE sets (and prefer one to excel as a blocker).
- The Vikings didn't have or use Jim Kleinsasser as a blocking TE and short-yardage pass-catcher while Linehan was the OC from 2002-2004. (Spoiler: they did.)

Keep going guys. You continue to expose yourselves. (Then again, it makes sense: PFF didn't point this stuff out to you, so how could you haven known?)

Team Stylish
detfan782004

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
The forum is confused? Shocking stuff. What I can summarize from the last few pages:

- Scott Linehan doesn't utilize and prefer 2 TE sets (and prefer one to excel as a blocker).
- The Vikings didn't have or use Jim Kleinsasser as a blocking TE and short-yardage pass-catcher while Linehan was the OC from 2002-2004. (Spoiler: they did.)

Keep going guys. You continue to expose yourselves. (Then again, it makes sense: PFF didn't point this stuff out to you, so how could you haven known?)

Who cares if Kleinsasser was used in short yardage? I said the offense is designed around TEs who can catch the ball. Key word is catch.

You twisting and turning the argument to save face does not change fact the offense WANTS and needs TE who can catch. Blocking is not the sole purpose of offense for TE and that is all Pettigrew is half decent at and that is stretching the truth. HE IS A LIABILITY to this offense no matter what way you twist it

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get why this thread is ongoing...Pettigrew sucks and everyone but one on here will agree..get over TL..Hes not good and never will be..
detfan782004

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
I don't get why this thread is ongoing...Pettigrew sucks and everyone but one on here will agree..get over TL..Hes not good and never will be..

Because he calls us clueless or crap like this

Quote:
You continue to expose yourselves

He mocks everyone on here as being wrong when he is ONLY one really supporting him.

It is tiresome but as long as he continues to act like he is GODs gift to evaluating Pettigrew the responses will continue

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we yet to have a Week 3 GDT posting news here

Quote:
Edwards left the Week 2 loss at Arizona after just 16 snaps. The severity of his injury is unknown. If he can't play in Week 3, the Lions may be forced to see what Ryan Broyles (knee) has.
ROTO

Broyles time hopefully

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Since we yet to have a Week 3 GDT posting news here

Quote:
Edwards left the Week 2 loss at Arizona after just 16 snaps. The severity of his injury is unknown. If he can't play in Week 3, the Lions may be forced to see what Ryan Broyles (knee) has.
ROTO

Broyles time hopefully

I'd much rather see Broyles out there than Edwards. Laughing @ forced to see what Broyles has.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:

Eh. Many posters on here called him a top 10 TE (or close) after the 2011 season. It must be that darn short-term memory stuff this forum seems to develop.

Team Stylish
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:
Pettigrew cannot be trusted to hold onto the ball, period. Everytime he actually makes a catch and is in the open field, I cringe and wait for him to fumble. He's slow and un-athletic and rarely makes people miss.

Our team is a passing team, and Pettigrew is terrible in that area of his game. I don't care how good his blocking is, it's irrelevant when you can't catch and hold onto the football.

What makes matters worse is he has had these problems most of his career and doesn't have much upside anymore, which indicates these problems won't be changing anytime soon.

I don't know how you continue to defend him TL when he continues to hurt our offense consistently.

I'm really only defending Pettigrew from excessive criticism. I've already said what I think of him: he's an unreliable receiver who should be relegated to a blocking role at this point, but provides a benefit in that regard. That isn't some unreasonable, groundbreaking statement: it's the truth.

The Lions don't need, and didn't want to draft, an athletic, field-stretching TE when they selected Pettigrew: they already had Calvin. They wanted a big target for short routes that would be a mismatch option against single coverage, as Calvin was pulling the safeties deep. Pettigrew has shown in the past that he can be a decent option in that role, but his catching has continued to be inconsistent. Many of the fans in this thread have stated that, if he improved his consistency in catching passes, he'd be a borderline top 10 TE. We're only two games into the season.

Just as I did with Gosder, I'm arguing against the ridiculous claims. Some claimed that Gosder was the worst RT in the NFL. I disagreed. Some feel that Pettigrew should be released. I disagree. It's easy to be right when the opposing viewpoint is an unreasonable extreme.

I think he should be regulated to a 3rd TE role as a blocker only that will occasionally run out for a pass. Would you agree?

(I think everyone else will agree with this statement)

IDOG_det wrote:
I honestly wouldn't be upset if we draft 3 TE's

TE is the new QB Very Happy
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:

Eh. Many posters on here called him a top 10 TE (or close) after the 2011 season. It must be that darn short-term memory stuff this forum seems to develop.

Maybe, because half the guys left the forum that were here 2 years ago. And past is the past...would you want Peyton Hillis?
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:

Maybe, because half the guys left the forum that were here 2 years ago. And past is the past...would you want Peyton Hillis?
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it funny that after a bad stretch that people say Pettigrew isn't good and never will be. Recently he has played poor but people act like he is complete garbage and doesn't have a chance to ever be good. Yes TL is overrating him a little, but nearly everyone else is really underrating him as well. I myself have gotten really frustrated with his drops and in the game day threads I overreacted as well when he made a bad play, but why carry over that overreaction throughout the week? Recently he hasn't been good but he still has talent, he just isn't using his talents as well as he should be. Lets not give up on him just yet.

R.I.P. Stylish
detfan782004

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:

Lendale White

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:

Lendale White
Who knows LeGarrette Blount plays for NE?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 55 of 57

Jump to: